Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man this dude Dwight is something else. He is the type of guy that if we had 9 people to play basketball and he showed up to make 10, I would leave. Would not want him on my team or play against him. Just ruins the vibe for everybody involved.

everything would be better if dwight just says he will resign with us so we know that he wants to play..instead of trying to say he isnt worried about that and ignore the question.

Last edited:
I'm not even gonna bother taking sides in this Kobe vs Dwight thing but it would be nice if they could keep some of this **** in house.

I wouldn't be surprised at all Dwight left cuz "Kobe hurt his feelings". Essential I know you strongly believe that he'll stay but you can see it on dudes face that he's not built for this type of pressure. Just imagine what it would be like if he's the clear #1 guy. Right now he's sharing some of that pressure with Kobe.

I'm not even gonna bother taking sides in this Kobe vs Dwight thing but it would be nice if they could keep some of this **** in house.

I wouldn't be surprised at all Dwight left cuz "Kobe hurt his feelings". Essential I know you strongly believe that he'll stay but you can see it on dudes face that he's not built for this type of pressure. Just imagine what it would be like if he's the clear #1 guy. Right now he's sharing some of that pressure with Kobe.

ITS THE MEDIA.

BOSTON -- The newest Lakers firestorm arrived Thursday after Kobe Bryant apparently told ESPN.com the night before that Dwight Howard needed to come back from his injured shoulder. Quickly.

But Bryant said Thursday he wasn't prodding Howard to return.

"Not even a little bit," Bryant said in a quiet moment after the team's morning shoot-around, adding that he was surprised at the tone of the ESPN story. "In this case, it's not legitimate. I was shocked."

Bryant has a high threshold for pain, as evidenced plenty of times in the past. Howard has missed six games and left two others because of a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

Bryant understood that his own pain tolerance was through the charts.

"I'm crazy, though, so I don't put that on other people," he said.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Mark Medina ‏@MedinaLakersNBA
Kobe Bryant said he's not pressuring Howard to return."There's an urgency to be out there but not at the cost of making his shoulder worse."

like i thought earlier, its the media trying to put these two against each other. they are constantly telling the other player things out of context. :smh:

Couple things are certain here right now

- Dwight doesn't like playing for these Lakers.
- Dwight sure as hell doesn't like playing with Kobe Bryant.
- Dwight cannot handle nor does he want the pressure of playing for the historic Laker franchise.
- Dwight wants more touches, wants to be the focal point of the offense. D'Antoni's doesn't work.
- Dwight is injured and has had back surgery, may never be the same again.
- Dwight has not committed to the Lakers.
- But Most importantly, Dwight is holding the Lakers franchise hostage because he has all the leverage and he knows it.
- Mitch said he won't trade him, but if he doesnt and he walks, the future of the Laker franchise takes drastic steps back.

These are too many issues for an historic/winning franchise like the Lakers to wager or compromise. Way to many more negatives than positives.

I don't get it, If Dwight wants to stay and be a Laker and get the full contract why won't he just come out and say so? It'd diminish the media scrutiny surrounding this team and his decision. But this boy is off his rocker, he's too emotional, and he's always thought he's better than what he truly is.

How much more can anyone take? On both sides? Especially the fans.

I'd be dying if Dwight signed and then we traded that guy to like Minnesota for Love and Rubio or some ish for being a girl :lol:

- Dwight cannot handle nor does he want the pressure of playing for the historic Laker franchise.
- Dwight wants more touches, wants to be the focal point of the offense. D'Antoni's doesn't work.
- But Most importantly, Dwight is holding the Lakers franchise hostage because he has all the leverage and he knows it.
- Mitch said he won't trade him, but if he doesnt and he walks, the future of the Laker franchise takes drastic steps back.

These are too many issues for an historic/winning franchise like the Lakers to wager or compromise. Way to many more negatives than positives.

I don't get it, If Dwight wants to stay and be a Laker and get the full contract why won't he just come out and say so? It'd diminish the media scrutiny surrounding this team and his decision. But this boy is off his rocker, he's too emotional, and he's always thought he's better than what he truly is.

Um, no. You reachin MILES with that post bro.

None of what you said is fact, its your opinion.

I'm not worried about Dwight, at all.

If he wants to leave all that money on the table(esp with all these injuries), good for him. Enjoy Texas.
We'll have an empty cap and will be able to pursue any FA in 201*****15.
There will be another star who wants to come to the Lakers, I'm not really worried about it.

Now, we only have 1-2 years of Kobe left, so I want to go all in on winning a championship the next 2 years (even tho that window is barely open anymore, there's still a chance). For that to happen, we need to make the playoffs this year and have a competitive squad next year.
It's obvious to me that Pau this offseason. Idk if it depends on Dwight leaving or not. I enjoyed his time in LA, and he will forever be one of my favorite Lakers. He was the 2nd best player on 2 title teams!!!!!
I have my doubts on the team competing next year, but no matter what happens I'm sure next year will be better than this hell of a season.

Code:
Um, no. You reachin MILES with that post bro.

None of what you said is fact, its your opinion.

None of it huh? So he's happy, he's content? Regardless tho if you can't look at him and read between the lines when he decides to do a national interview with Stephen A, the biggest question remains.

Why doesn't this dude just say "Laker fans and the organization can stop this madness, I'm going to resign so let's just focus on this season, no worries ill be centerpiece of this franchise"

Everything would be avoided, all this nonsense would be over. Done with.

I agree with Kobe being surprised, actually. When I first heard his words, I didn't take it offensively towards Dwight, at all.

Yes, I think Dwight's response was vague and passive aggressive, ("Is Kobe a doctor?", "So should I tell all my teammates?" C'mon, son. :lol:), but going back to the origin, Kobe's words... I didn't take them as prodding or anything. And you guys know damn well I would say so if I did.

He said we need Dwight right now. Water is wet. Yellow is yellow. We need Dwight.

I didn't take that as Kobe saying Dwight needs to stop being a punk because we need him; he was just stating a fact. We need him.[quote name="chaose57"]
@kobebryant:
On our way to the Garden. Ready todo that work. If D12 is healthy he will play if he's not he won't. Simple math #countonmediahype
[/quote]Basically. :lol: I love it.

[quote name="CoupeIt88"]So he's happy, he's content? Regardless tho if you can't look at him and read between the lines when he decides to do a national interview with Stephen A, the biggest question remains.

Why doesn't this dude just say "Laker fans and the organization can stop this madness, I'm going to resign so let's just focus on this season, no worries ill be centerpiece of this franchise"

Everything would be avoided, all this nonsense would be over. Done with.[/quote]No, he's obviously not happy, but you don't know what he's unhappy with. He's frustrated, and it has been a very frustrating season. That doesn't mean he's not happy with the Lakers, or Kobe.

why doesn't he say what you want to hear? I don't know, but I'm not going to assign meaning to why he doesnt. it could mean he & Jim have already agreed to the largest contract in the history of Western civilization and doesn't want to reveal it yet. It could mean he knows he's going to play on Mars next year. he hasn't said it. What that means to me is... he hasn't said it.

Seems like the media wants Kobe vs. Shaq 2
Pretty much. 
laugh.gif

Shut up

You and your assumptions

The media BADLY wants to try and ignite a feud between kobe & dwight :lol:

Look at the title of this clip on ESPN

:lol: :smh: all D12 said in that clip was "that's his opinion", and that "he's not a doctor"

At what point does he "rip" kobe in that video, ESPN? :smh:

No, he's obviously not happy, but you don't know what he's unhappy with. He's frustrated, and it has been a very frustrating season. That doesn't mean he's not happy with the Lakers, or Kobe.

why doesn't he say what you want to hear? I don't know, but I'm not going to assign meaning to why he doesnt. it could mean he & Jim have already agreed to the largest contract in the history of Western civilization and doesn't want to reveal it yet. It could mean he knows he's going to play on Mars next year. he hasn't said it. What that means to me is... he hasn't said it.

Right, he hasn't said it. That's exactly what I don't understand. If him and Jim met behind closed doors, okay that's fine. That shouldn't stop him from saying he's going to commit and resign with the Lakers now tho and end the media circus.

The point is, Dwight has way too much leverage and he's essentially holding the Lakers hostage. That's too much power more someone whose had back surgery and doesn't seem like he enjoys playing playing with Kobe Bryant, Dantoni, and the Lakers. This is way too risky of a situation.

I'm sorry, but you've been calling for Dwight to leave LA all season long. You clearly have a stake in him doing so since you've been consistent on this point all season long. You've stated all of the above as if it were fact, but it's certainly not. You've got no credibility.

No, he's obviously not happy, but you don't know what he's unhappy with. He's frustrated, and it has been a very frustrating season. That doesn't mean he's not happy with the Lakers, or Kobe.

Right, he hasn't said it. That's exactly what I don't understand. If him and Jim met behind closed doors, okay that's fine. That shouldn't stop him from saying he's going to commit and resign with the Lakers now tho and end the media circus.

The point is, Dwight has way too much leverage and he's essentially holding the Lakers hostage. That's too much power more someone whose had back surgery and doesn't seem like he enjoys playing playing with Kobe Bryant, Dantoni, and the Lakers. This is way too risky of a situation.

This is just a ridiculously stupid thing to say. Holding them hostage from what? Despite the coach, the front office knew what they were doing when they put this team together in the offseason, obviously this isn't the vision they had, but to try and pile on and say that man is holding the franchise hostage(in what way, I have NO IDEA) is just completely ignorant on your part

Last edited:
Right, he hasn't said it. That's exactly what I don't understand. If him and Jim met behind closed doors, okay that's fine. That shouldn't stop him from saying he's going to commit and resign with the Lakers now tho and end the media circus..

Saying I will resign.. Does not mean he will resign..

It is a meaningless set of words.

Absolutely meaningless.

I think he was forced to play by Kobe imo..and by letting all this stuff get out to the public. He almost had to play tonite.

Back
Top Bottom