Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not worried yet, they didn't have much time to gel in preseason, Howard is still working his way back and they are running a new offense. I would have liked a better defensive effort and fewer offensive rebounds allowed but offensively I think we will be OK eventually.

We shot 12-31 on free throws; that's not gonna happen most games. Even though Dwight is a terrible shooter he's statistically going to hit 7-8 of those rather than 3. If we hit 22 instead of 12 we are right there.

A few bright spots to me were Gasol showing a lot more aggression in this offense + his passing will be a thing of beauty this year. Kobe played extremely well and very efficiently especially with the injury.

Nash however seemed completely neutered. They need to never let Ron Arrest hold the ball for too long or initiate the offense. In the same way Kobe often broke the triangle to run his two man game with Pau or get his shots when things stalled, they need to let Nash just do what he does more often. Don't make things harder or more complicated than they need to be just for the sake of running the offense.

Like I said I think we'll get it figured out; didn't the heat start like 5-5 or 8-5 or something in their first year with the Big 3?

[COLOR=#RED]Lose to Dirkless Mavs team......And A Eddy Curry lead team........EDDY FREAKIN CURRY!!![/COLOR] :rofl: :rofl:

The Lakers are 4-16 in Portland since 2002.

20fst9g.jpg

That was frustrating. Good god. :x

I understand the offense needs some time to gel but that is no excuse for piss poor defense. Dallas had easy shots ALL NIGHT. :smh:

MWP should not be starting.

Its hard to take this team seriously when you see Mike Brown and his dumbfounded expressions.

howd you get those eld wilt and jerry west pics ot look so HD essential??? picks were sick man!

-i share similar thoughts to a few people in here..i think the halftime assessments were on point last night, specifically from chuck...they should let nash be nash and run the first few secs of the clock...the easy buckets would be amazing!!

-pau gasol showed out last night, took shots that i had confidence in, and passed good....this offense suits him well... so would steve  being steve tho..

-kobe was the bright spot...VERY EFFICIENT last night...loved how he picked and chose his spots..

-nash looked out of place...but hes way too good a player to not turn up...no worries there...

didnt like what i saw..would prfer more running/pnr with the princeton mixed in...i aint mad tho, either way the Ws will start coming...i aint got no worries bout the L tho...

Since the Rose Garden opened in 1995, the Blazers have closed out two playoff series' in the Rose Garden.

The Lakers have closed out four in the Rose Garden.

*lifts glass*

tumblr_mcqx2s7tck1rk4cceo1_1280.gif

this gif perfectly sums up last night's game :lol:

anyway onto the next one, not really expecting a lot but hopefully they do better than yesterday. Also, I want to see more Nash.

p.s

that chick on the back though :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
this gif perfectly sums up last night's game :lol:
anyway onto the next one, not really expecting a lot but hopefully they do better than yesterday. Also, I want to see more Nash.
p.s
that chick on the back though :smokin :smokin :smokin

hahhaah i was watching the gif and thinking "that chick in the back though" and then reading your comment...lol

Last edited:
still no word :smh:

what kind of deal did att, verizon and charter get btw? just curious why directv can't get the deal yet.

Last edited:
either mavs are that good or our execution was just not on point.

either way, we shall endure. portland, here we come, hopefully we break that losing streak :lol:

crazy how this is only one game into the season, you would think we are down 0-2 in the offs' way everyone is going in on this thread 
roll.gif

mad.gif
 @TNT showing 'Castle' back to back to back tonight

yes I believe the Heat started 10-9, 10-8 2 yrs ago....

either way though, I really agree with the earlier comment about a system that suits our strengths....I was really expecting for MB to play more of a Gregg Williams 'defensive coordinator' role this season and give Nash/Mamba the reins on the O....This guy has never had a clue on offensive side of the ball dating back to CLE, one could argue Steve Blake is a better fit for the Princeton offense than Nash

Saw the article on ESPN where MB is talkin bout Nash saying he has the option to improvise whenever he wants
tired.gif
 N please.....the Princeton offense is something you run in the NBA for young guys surrounded by fundamentally sound scrubs and 1-2 veterans

Good point on the radio where dude was saying it reminded him of the Jim Cleamons days when he tried to make a young Kidd run the triangle in DAL

Since the Rose Garden opened in 1995, the Blazers have closed out two playoff series' in the Rose Garden.
The Lakers have closed out four in the Rose Garden.
*lifts glass*

Those four included a sweep, am i wrong?

2 actually. 2001, 2002 we finished the first round series in their gym in game 3. We also closed them out in 4 in 1997 and 1998. And of course, 2000 went 7 and we won that one at home.

So yeah, 4 times in about 6 years we ended their season IN the Rose Garden, but for some reason, they only bring up the regular season stuff. Not sure why.

I hate mike brown and his stupid facial expressions with all my heart. The more he continues to sabotage this groups prospects, the thinner the support for him will be. I rarely take joy in an individuals downfall, but I will celebrate the day he is fired. That is all

Back
Top Bottom