Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously, the offense was decent in the first quarter... but I don't think they can (and definitely SHOULDN'T) run that offense exclusively the whole game.

I'm looking for some sort of balanced mix of Nash/Gasol PnR, Nash/Howard, PnR, and then mix this Princeton thing in. Combined with looking for more opportunities to run (and then getting into the basic PnR scenarios above if a quick score doesn't happen), the offense will always have a chance to look good... rather than get really stagnant trying to this same old Princeton thing that leaves Gasol up at the 3 point line (not much of a threat), Howard at the free throw line extended (no threat), and Nash never touching the ball after giving it up the first time (very little threat).

Only 1 game... Howard isn't 100%... Kobe was good, but he's not 100% either (definitely wasn't on defense until the end where he was just going after everything)... Nash had very few chances to get involved... missed free throws... and a combination of bad defense (probably a lot to do with Howard being less than 100% from what I saw... look at the defensive rebounds he didn't get/didn't go after that he usually does, for example... that goes for shots that he can/normally alters when he is 100% as well) mixed with some pretty good play from Dallas (which was unexpected).

Last edited:
Some of you are acting as though the Mavericks don't have NBA players on their roster. It's not like Kaman & Dirk would be their only source of scoring.

Minutes, game 1 of the season.
With GAME #2 OF 82+ tomorrow. :lol:

CP you seem to be the only one with sense who's anti Mike brown. With that being said, you know damn well it's not that necessary to micro manage minutes within the 1st week of the season.

Now if this were March/April I'd be right there with you, but come on now :lol:

Last edited:
Regarding Gasol, I don't think it is just his stats. He just does not even try on the defensive end. EVERY PICK AND ROLL that Gasol was involved in resulted in the breakdown of the defense. It is like he is not even there. His rebounding numbers are misleading because he got a couple of offensive rebounds due to missing easy shots and still missed the put backs. He had a lot of rebounds that just bounced his way as well.

Brown needs to implement a defensive system that can mask Gasol's weaknesses. Him being the main big to defend pick n rolls is not a good look.

The Princeton offense though :smh: . I think the stagnant offense is what prevents Howard from getting a few and 1's.

:lol: at people over reacting.

Let's see

Starting 5 played about 24 minutes with each other during preseason
Dwight is coming back from an injury
Kobe is coming back from an injury

Only 1 game. Takes time for this team to get adjusted to one another.

The only that sucks is when I see Nash run around in our offense. Just doesn't look right.

Edit: I still don't like Mike Brown.

But you have to give credit to that Mav's team. They were out hustling the Lakers and going for the ball every time. Seems like at time the Lakers were relying on another player to do their job for them.

Last edited:
Can I get a link to the FLOATER Dwight Howard attempted in the 4th??? Just wanna replay it for the LOLs. :lol:

Dirk, Terry, and Kidd were awesome tonight......
Oh, they didn't play?
And we gave up 99?
Kaman and West didn't play either?
They only had ONE player play more than 34 minutes?
Oh.

36, 33, 32, 31 for the Mavs.. It's not like they didn't play starter minutes either

I'll give you it was too many minutes for each person on the Lakers... I'll concede that..

Ebanks should have gotten to play.. 10 minutes would have been fine and made sense... Jamison should have gotten 5 more.. Hill should have gotten more but the FTs it's a double edged swored.. 1 for 6, but put up 9&5... Meeks a few more..

Optimal minutes for everyone:
Nash 30
Kobe 33
Metta 27 (but I'm reconsidering it being cut in half)
Pau 35
Howard 35
Blake 17 (or whoever I don't care)
Meeks 15
Ebanks 10
Jamison 20
Hill 18

Last edited:
Ehhhhhhhhh

Things I didn't like....Nash giving the ball to Pau up top on every posession. He needs the ball in his hands more.

Kobe could of got a few more touches. His shot was going tonight and he could of hit some momentum builders when we needed them, but MWP for whatever reason kept avoiding him.

MWP had the ball in his hands way too much thanks to Pau always passing it to him.

Overall I think they didn't play as hard as they could, seemed like they were too focused on running the offense rather than just going out there and just playing on certain possessions.

We'll see how the next game goes.

When Blake gets more assists than Nash in less minutes then you know something is wrong with this offense. Why the hell do you sign nash if this offense suits someone like Blake better? :smh:

Kobe looked sharp all game. Pau seemed to tire in the 2nd half. I also like that Kobe isnt holding the ball w/ 5 secs on the shot clock b/c everyone else is too scared to shoot. Metta looked decent defensively. And Dwight alone got us 14 ft attempts which we struggled w/ last season.

Bad part is Dwight gotta shoot at LEAST 50% from the line. Nash didn't even look to push the ball and I highly doubt Mike Brown told him not to be Steve Nash. Nash wasn't even looking to score once he got into the paint smh. Nash has to play like himself for this offense to really flourish.

Steve Blake cannot be the backup PG. Mike Brown has to give Duhon the go behind Nash b/c of his defense and strength. Idk what Mike see's in Blake but its not there, the guys is in the way when he's on th floor.

I don't understand why the coaching staff is trying to make their personnel fit into an offense instead of tailoring an offense to fit their personnel.

Profoundly frustrating.

Last edited:
Minutes, game 1 of the season.
With GAME #2 OF 82+ tomorrow. :lol:

CP you seem to be the only one with sense who's anti Mike brown. With that being said, you know damn well it's not that necessary to micro manage minutes within the 1st week of the season.

Now if this were March/April I'd be right there with you, but come on now :lol:

One is 38, other 34, couple 32's, and the young one has a bad back. The 34 a bad foot.

And the Mavs didn't accrue those type minutes, wonder why.

And last year I could have swore I saw guys out of gas in 4th quarters. Why? Heavy minutes all year long, no?

Im not tryin to do this every night, but ask yourselves. If we switched Brown for Carlisle before the game, does Brown coach that Mav team to a win? Be honest, all of you, simple yes or no. Does Mike Brown coach the Mavs to a win tonight over Carlisle and the Lakers?

I say no.

You?

my thoughts:

i think dallas' full court press really threw them off their timing. they wouldn't get it passed halfcourt and settle into their "offense" until there was only 16 seconds left on the clock.

there's no excuse for the lakers to give that many offensive boards.

artest really stalls the offense. he gets the ball then holds it for 3-4 seconds then just dribbles some more.

the offense looks very clunky right now, the guys are still thinking too much. really wouldn't mind ebanks in the starting unit with his slashing ability.

pau still looked soft out there. he made some nice moves but was getting pushing around way too much.

bright side:

kobe was very efficient and picked his spots very well. i'm not surprised.

jordan hill looks good off the bench, minus his free throw shooting. his energy and hustle is appreciated.

with all that said, its only 1 game. lets not forget this is only the 2nd? game the starters had with each other.

Everyone from Kobe - Howard could have their minutes cut..

Nash is tricky... Yes he should be at 25-30 minutes per game... But we have no reliable backups... If we were to cut say Earl Clark.. WHO WILL NEVER PLAY..

And go after Delonte West..

We could actually get Nash into the 28 minute mark because we'd have someone to take in 20 minutes.. Or even 17 and let someone get a couple in the 2nd Quarter..

And I have no problem going to Jamison as the Starter for 18 minutes at 3. Give Metta 20.. Ebanks final 10 to close out SF...
Pau gets 34-35 at PF... Jamison 8.. Hill 6
Howard 34-36.. Hill 12-14
Kobe 33. Meeks 15.

Last edited:
One is 38, other 34, couple 32's, and the young one has a bad back. The 34 a bad foot.
And the Mavs didn't accrue those type minutes, wonder why.
And last year I could have swore I saw guys out of gas in 4th quarters. Why? Heavy minutes all year long, no?

For the record you're absolutely right the minutes have to be monitored this year, but my thing is let's bring it up when/if it becomes an issue mid to late in the season.

IMO it's just unnecessary to point to that after 1 game

The Lakers are 4-16 in Portland since 2002.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-tonight-20121031,0,2148911.story

1) Everyone is laughing at the lakers offense... and so did I. Nash is being used the wrong way. Too much half court sets that honestly dont even look good. We actually got more points on free broken plays. Where the hell was the pick and roll? LMFAO

2) Gasol will always be a female, I have come to accept this... (unless he is playing for spain)

3) Free throw shooting was ridiculous no doubt. All the big men need some extra FT pratice.

4) Kobe played well for being only 85 percent.

5) Jordan Hill's hustle was good to see.

6) I understand it's the first game, but I hope they figure it our very soon. We need to take advantage of this favorable first half schedule. 2nd half will test this team.

LMAO @ everyone turning against each other already after the 1st game of the season. We're all Team Lakers here, lets not let the Lakers losing a basketball game ruin the brotherly vibe in the thread.

If this is how its going to be after every loss then strap up guys, It's going to be a LONNNNNG season :smh:

Last edited:
Is it possible the starters logged heavy minutes to accelerate their chemistry in a newly installed offense?

For the record you're absolutely right the minutes have to be monitored this year, but my thing is let's bring it up when/if it becomes an issue mid to late in the season.
IMO it's just unnecessary to point to that after 1 game

because Brown is known to be a flexible coach and be able to adjust?

Back
Top Bottom