Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Between the idiots at Cox who still aren't getting a TV deal done and the overreactions to the loss, there's a lot going on to put a damper on an exciting season :x

Only 2 disappointments that time may not take care of:

1) Steve Blake looking as shook as he did Game 2 vs. Mavs, throwing hot potato passes and passing up in-rhythm shots

2) Steve Nash looking a little shackled

Nobody is asking for 82-0 here. I just want efforts on offense and defense.
The Heat didn't go 0-8 in preseason and if im correct they lost close games not blow outs game
If Pau Gasol didn't shoot that charity 3 pointer we wouldnt even get to 90 points.
Mike Brown already have a full training camp and 8 preseason games.
Everytime i hear is the same old "It's a process" excuses. I want effort. Effort doesn't take a month to happen

They are making an effort... to learn the offense. The team looked out of sync cause they're still trying to run the system, one they have yet to master.

Now, will the offense be worth it or is it a bad system to run? Don't know. None of us do yet.

Also the Heat didn't have their best players sit parts of the preseason with injuries. No use comparing these Lakers to the Heat just cause they're the last super team to get together. Completely different situations.

Last edited:
i dont think the lakers should stop running the princeton offense. i just think they need to do it at certain points of the game. like on MADE buckets from the other team. that gives them time to walk up the court and set up their offense.

if its a missed shot, we should go into a more uptempo offense. have nash run the break, pick and roll etc.

that's how i envision this hybrid offense to work.

i also think its beneficial to keep that type of offense in the playoffs, when things are slowed down. and halfcourt execution is key.

game 2 tonight. i hope to see more effort on defense and rebounding - but still expect some lapses in our O.

I thought that TWC was making deals so that the other networks couldn't charge for getting their channel. I have U300 on U-Verse and it says I'm not subscribed to the Laker channel.

This is crazy how Kobe ice's his foot after games.

From his facebook account:

No need for panic...yet. The offense definitely needs to run through Nash more, what's the use of having him if the ball is taken out of his hands?

Last edited:
I thought that TWC was making deals so that the other networks couldn't charge for getting their channel. I have U300 on U-Verse and it says I'm not subscribed to the Laker channel.

Don't you also live in Norcal? If that's the case your still going to need NBA League Pass since your are out of the Laker DMA coverage zone.

The reasons why Directv, Cox, and Dish Network aren't carrying the channel right now is because the monthly price TWC is asking for.Cox & Directv said it's to high and offered to carry it as a optional a la carte channel. TWC balked & rejected the offer saying no regional sports network in the country is offered a la carte.TWC wants the channel offered on the most basic plans by TV providers which Charter, AT&T, and Verizon have agreed to do.

Time Warner's strategy now is they made deals with Charter, AT&T U-Verse and Verizon Fios because they know that those TV service providers are available in a lot of places where Directv customers are.They want people to switch either to TWC or AT&T, Verizon or Charter.

It's really bad and I don't see Directv, Cox, or Dish agreeing to carry the channel at TWC asking price of $3.95 a month anytime soon.The same thing happened with other regional sports networks like the Yankees YES network 10 years ago and most recently Fox Sports San Diego.

If you have the option consider switching to a TV provider that has the channel.A big problem though is Directv & Dish has contract agreements that have expensive Early Termination Fees.

Last edited:
:lol: @ this team is in trouble. You need the best players on the court to win basketball games. Heat went to back to back finals with Erik Spoelstra coaching. Clearly...coaching plays a significantly smaller roll than talent. We'll be fine.

They are making an effort... to learn the offense. The team looked out of sync cause they're still trying to run the system, one they have yet to master.
Now, will the offense be worth it or is it a bad system to run? Don't know. None of us do yet.
Also the Heat didn't have their best players sit parts of the preseason with injuries. No use comparing these Lakers to the Heat just cause they're the last super team to get together. Completely different situations.

These guys are vet though. How long does it take vets to learn? No effort on defense neither and i thought Dwight Howard suppose to make us better defensively.

Mike Brown princeton is making Nash play off ball which negate the whole point of having him.

Not to mention these guys are over thinking trying to run this offense. If you look at the stat last night. The Mavs had more shots attempts than the Lakers so something is not right about the princeton offense.

My prediction is we're losing the next 5 games

Last edited:
Nah MR J I'm in South FL not NorCal, it shows up as a subscription channel. I mean it's better than paying League Pass, but $10 for one channel seems stupid for me if I have to get the sports package to see TWSN. I thought it was supposed to be included.

The Mavs had more shots attempts than the Lakers so something is not right about the princeton offense.

:lol:

Man, stop. I'm not happy with a lot of things, but you makin us all look dumb in here. Someone open up his own private Laker thread to play in so we don't have to see this stuff. Come on kid....

We had 31 free throws...

The stat of the night isn't they had more shots.. By the way 8more shots, but only 2 makes is your stat of the night?

How about 31 free throws. and missing 19 of them.

But don't you think that 31 free throws may have had something to do with less shots?

I'm with CP on this one.. I just can't..

Last edited:

My prediction is we're losing the next 5 games

Ok? Cool prediction, bro.

Nah MR J I'm in South FL not NorCal, it shows up as a subscription channel. I mean it's better than paying League Pass, but $10 for one channel seems stupid for me if I have to get the sports package to see TWSN. I thought it was supposed to be included.

You still need league pass to watch the games.

Unless your in that Cali region of lakers game. I.e (San Diego, Bakersfield....)

You can subscribe to the new channel if you want but it will only show you the shows like Backstage Lakers and Laker Girls, and the other related shows.

But yeah your still going to need NBA League Pass for the live games.

Does anyone know if we will be able to watch the Portland feed on league pass tonight?
You should be able to. If you have NBA TV will also be on there tonight after the Spurs vs. Hornets game. NBA TV usually will play the home team broadcast.

Last edited:
Why would you WANT the Portland feed? Worst crew in professional sports. Absolute garbage. Homers are embarrassed about them. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom