Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Gasol can consistently do this I don't want to trade him..

He can have bad games. But he better have many more good games than bad.

Also word is Atlanta doesn't want to max out Josh Smith. But Josh wants nothing less than max (he's going to get it somewhere). So they are more likely to trade him.

now u want gasol to stay?? naw dude is done. hes gunna fade into bolivia come playoff time. we need someone more consistent

now u want gasol to stay?? naw dude is done. hes gunna fade into bolivia come playoff time. we need someone more consistent

If Gasol does this consistently? Yes I want him to stay..

And as Chaos said a "Hungry Pau" is every bit as good as Josh Smith overall.

We got 3 weeks, we'll see where it goes.. If the Hawks really are going to trade Josh, the Lakers will be one of the teams they will listen to in order to not blow a season by missing the playoffs.. If Pau can't keep this up the next 15-16 games then out he goes.. If he can keep it up, we can revisit this in the offseason.

If Gasol does this consistently? Yes I want him to stay..

And as Chaos said a "Hungry Pau" is every bit as good as Josh Smith overall.

We got 3 weeks, we'll see where it goes.. If the Hawks really are going to trade Josh, the Lakers will be one of the teams they will listen to in order to not blow a season by missing the playoffs.. If Pau can't keep this up the next 15-16 games then out he goes.. If he can keep it up, we can revisit this in the offseason.

I've always been on the Keep Pau train, not because I just think he's a good player, but because nothing out there makes us better.

If he continues to play like this, i'd take him over Rudy Gay and Josh Smith, not because I only think he's better, but because his contract comes off the books soon.

Rudy Gay is way overpriced, and Josh Smith is about to become overpaid.

With Pau after his contract runs up I can see him taking a discount to stay with the Lakers or he could leave and we can bring someone else in.

a hungry gasol is one of the top players in the L at his position but lets be serious hungry gasol has been gone for a while he just shows up once in a while. i rather have someone like rudy gay or josh smith that are younger more athletic

a hungry gasol is one of the top players in the L at his position but lets be serious hungry gasol has been gone for a while he just shows up once in a while. i rather have someone like rudy gay or josh smith that are younger more athletic

Rudy Guy doesn't really make sense.. Especially if you're trading Gasol.

Then we have a log jam of players, and would have to play MWP or Gay at PF for 20 something minutes a game. Not into that at all.

Rudy Guy doesn't really make sense.. Especially if you're trading Gasol.

Then we have a log jam of players, and would have to play MWP or Gay at PF for 20 something minutes a game. Not into that at all.

true but think of miami they have a similar lineup too and its been working for them

and that lineup of both rudy gay and mwp would create problems with teams like okc because then perkins or collison has to guard either mwp or gay which gives us an advantage.
on defense mwp can easily handle most PF like blake and klove.

we would be much more versatile and athletic and i think thats what this team needs especially with d'antoni at the helm.

Rudy played plenty of PF last season, but even then he's not worth it. He's not a good shooter, not a good passer, can't handle the ball, needs to have the ball in his hands, floats during games and is overpaid.

No thanks.

Last edited:
Pau is great at mind f#5king Lakers fan. He shows up 1 game after everyone complains about him and now including myself doesn't want to see him get traded, because he looks more "Hungry" on the floor.

Next game he's going to show us why we wanted to trade him the first place. :smh:

Pau is great at mind f#5king Lakers fan. He shows up 1 game after everyone complains about him and now including myself doesn't want to see him get traded, because he looks more "Hungry" on the floor.

Next game he's going to show us why we wanted to trade him the first place. :smh:

I think him coming off the bench fuels him, he's playing to prove something. Which is good, last time he was playing with something to prove was back on 08-09 after getting punked by KG and being labeled 'soft'. Hopefully, keeps up his level of play and realizes that he is a vital part to this team's success.

On a side note, I really hope Kobe would understand that he needs to distribute the ball more. It would be so much easier for everyone including himself.

How is that mind f*cking the fans? He's only screwing his own chances of staying in LA

Rudy played plenty of PF last season, but even then he's not worth it. He's not a good shooter, not a good passer, can't handle the ball, needs to have the ball in his hands, floats during games and is overpaid.

No thanks.

So is Ron.

Kobe would make Rudy better every day in practice.

Even then I don't want him unless we get rid of Ron (like-for-like) in the deal at get a decent to above average PF in return. Maybe include Brandon Bass in the deal :nerd:

Rudy would be used to help with the almighty KD.

Last edited:

I don't know that I'd rather have the guys you mentioned, but I agree Gasol is too inconsistent and unathletic to be the best fit for us right now. If we already had more athleticism on the roster I think he'd be a great asset, but we don't. Plus you never know whether you're going to get the competitive Pau or the lackadaisical, "my dog just died" Pau. Remember the series against the Nuggets last year?

Game 6 he was 1-10 with 3 pts, 3 reb and 1 assist. Game 7 he's 9-19 with 23 pts, 17 rebs, and 6 assists. How can the same dude put up both stat lines? :lol:

MWP is shooting 36% from three this season (specifically hitting corner threes at a 46% clip) and plays hard every night.

MWP is shooting 36% from three this season (specifically hitting corner threes at a 46% clip) and plays hard every night.

I'll make note of this when he slumps in about a week and those numbers dip quicker than Arods batting average...
MWP will still shoot better than Gay on the season. :pimp:
Here is a Lakers article about your draft picks that I finally understand :lol:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles...ers-fans-shouldnt-look-to-2013-draft-for-hope
A rookie could have replenished the cupboard some (well a lot really), but I don't see any realistic prospects that could contribute next season. Meh.

Last edited:
If they trying Pau for J-smoove i do that Straight up.... Even if its just a one year rental, ya'll dudes are stuck in the mindset of the last few years where we legitimately had a chance to win a championship. As of right now we are just fending for the playoffs in a season where Kobe in his 17th year is playing 40 minutes a night :smh:. Even if we make the playoffs the amount of work Kobe, Nash, & MWP are going to have to do to get us in is going to leave us at a 2nd round at best.

You pick up Josh and you have a much bigger chance to keep Dwight (As long as they don't give him Max).... and a player who doesnt have to crowd the paint or even get the ball to many times to be effective. You also improve athleticism and speed on the court while vastly improving on Defense. Pau is done point blank period and his game is doing nothing but hurting Howards, smith gives us a better shot this year and next

Back
Top Bottom