Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been saying that, get rid of everyone. I'm telling you guys, Dwight is not our next franchise player. He is not built for this. He can't use health as an excuse anymore.

I don't want to trade Dwight because i think that he's not a superstar (It's Stupid to say otherwise) but the truth of the matter is as a free agent their is NOTHING appealing to him right now. His game is being inspected and picked apart in LA, He's not being fed the ball much, & this will pretty much be the exact team next year (Hopefully with a new coach).

I don't think dwight needs 20+ shots a night but him touching the rock 10-15 with them losing ALOT is not going to make him want to stay.

I am getting beyond frustrated watching this team. How Kobe keeps motivated to prepare to play with this sorry team is beyond me. This job is too big for both Mikes first of all. Next you can not really get rid of Gasol because you do not know what Howard is going to do. I think we are really seeing Dwight Howard exposed when the pressure is on. I was ALWAYS telling people when he was in Orlando he is not what you think he is and now it is getting proven nightly.You can't keep having these moral/shallow victories at this point of the season, it is getting early, late at this point of the season. Already 41 games in and you have the Grizz and the Thunder coming up. You can count those two has losses.

Should have just hired Phil, true the age issue would have been there, but you would have gotten the respect of the team. Hard to get the teams focus when you have somebody like Gasol making the $ he is making coming off the pine. Another issue is that they ignored the point guard position for so long. As long as they were winning it was all good, but eventually you have to rebuild. Once Kobe is gone it is going to look like the mid 90's Lakers, with a bunch of no names that won't go anywhere.

What the front office is probably gonna end up doing is trading Dwight Howard. I can't see this franchise blowing this season and letting Dwight walk for nothing. Would I like for Pau to be traded? Yes, but he has no trade value right now at all... I can see them moving Dwight, having Pau play the 5 and getting younger on the wings and a scorer for the bench.

Seattle may look at matching Dwight w/ Boogie...

Houston may look to add another team to the deal to get Dwight

Cleveland may look at Dwight

What the front office is probably gonna end up doing is trading Dwight Howard. I can't see this franchise blowing this season and letting Dwight walk for nothing. Would I like for Pau to be traded? Yes, but he has no trade value right now at all... I can see them moving Dwight, having Pau play the 5 and getting younger on the wings and a scorer for the bench.

Seattle may look at matching Dwight w/ Boogie...

Houston may look to add another team to the deal to get Dwight

Cleveland may look at Dwight

No team is going to trade for Dwight unless they get a 100% guarantee that he will resign with them. Therefor, Dwight would be the one to choose his trade destination. All indications (prior and relative) would make one assume that Dwight would only want to go to Brooklyn (if he were to get traded). The Nets would put up a package of Brook Lopez, Kris Hump, blank, and some draft picks. Now that seems like a fair trade.

But honestly, would the Lakers make that move? No, no way. The Lakers want marquee names and a package circulated around Lopez wouldn't be sexy. I'd make that trade, from a basketball perspective but the Lake show won't.

It seems like the Lakers are going to take they're chances with Dwight. Not a very good chance Dwight will stay in LA (in my opinion) but the Lakers are going to risk it. - They are going to get rid of Pau. D'Antoni is disrespecting Pau publicly so you already know its coming. Lakers won't get much back for Pau, but they have no choice right about now.

Last edited:
No team is going to trade for Dwight unless they get a 100% guarantee that he will resign with them. Therefor, Dwight would be the one to choose his trade destination. All indications (prior and relative) would make one assume that Dwight would only want to go to Brooklyn (if he were to get traded). The Nets would put up a package of Brook Lopez, Kris Hump, blank, and some draft picks. Now that seems like a fair trade.

But honestly, would the Lakers make that move? No, no way. The Lakers want marquee names and a package circulated around Lopez wouldn't be sexy. I'd make that trade, from a basketball perspective but the Lake show won't.

It seems like the Lakers are going to take they're chances with Dwight. Not a very good chance Dwight will stay in LA (in my opinion) but the Lakers are going to risk it. - They are going to get rid of Pau. D'Antoni is disrespecting Pau publicly so you already know its coming. Lakers won't get much back for Pau, but they have no choice right about now.

Thats why it would be better to admit that they made a big mistake with dantoni.. fire him and get phil.. or trade pau for rudy and tony allen, sign delonte. Andbe good

The blame is not on any one person, player, coach, or front office nerd. It's everywhere.

Fittingly, Mitch does TREMENDOUS work in the offseason, what he pulled off was unreal, and he was the HANDS DOWN Exec of the year til all this. Then, who hired the coach? Jim. Who didn't want to suck up to Phil anymore, and everyone followed his lead. Thas how it goes.

Dwight is not 100%. Period. It should be clear to everyone. You can tell when he feels good, he explodes everywhere. When he doesn't, he shuffles his feet all the way down court, he doesn't run like a dear. That's not anger, or lazy, or any of that, that's he can't. That's why you see 25-17 one night, 7-4 the next. His injury comes and goes.

What I have said about Nash forever has been shown out this year. "Nash makes everyone around him better". Oh? What it really was was a bunch of athletic guys he played with could get from one side of the court to the other in 3 steps and shoot when they were wide open. Now Nash plays with slower guys, don't get as open, and don't knock down wide open shots anymore. He doesn't make them, they make him. Now what his skill was was vision, and keeping his dribble alive searching and probing for the best open shot. You don't magically pass the ball to a player, and he's so great that the teammate makes a 27 footer cuz he loves you Steve. :lol: Those players make the shots, Nash just gives them the ball.

Pau is caught in the middle of everything. Down low, up top, slow footed, not fully healthy, aged as well.

Kobe is now wasting away. He came out in ridiculous good health, great shape, etc. He was really excited about this season I'm sure. Now, it's a disaster and we've asked him to play PG, defend PG's lately, AND carry the offense since Nash has been out, Pau been out, Dwight not 100%, all while playing 40 minutes a night. We're killing him. Blaming him is beyond stupid. Surely he takes bad shots and should save that ****, but he's also the only guy on the planet that has put the work in. You guys think Dwight in the gym workin on his game right now? You heard TNT last night, Kobe loses in Toronto, tired legs, old man, in the Bulls stadium at 10 o clock at night shooting. Working out. The guy is going to die within Staples center, and be buried underneath center court.

Mike D.......is there a law why you have to sit 3 of your stars at once? WHY IN THE **** WOULD YOU SEND PAU OUT ALONE TO START THE SECOND QUARTER? What purpose does that serve, you ******g idiot? Good God, what does Pau, Morris, Duhon, Ron, and Clark do? Take one of those idiots out, and give him Nash or Kobe. A guard, to balance what he does. WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO DO THAT?

The best we have been this year, Bernie came in, and let them play, WITHOUT Nash. And they were fine. They played the Spurs to the final second, again, without Nash. Just be basic, and play your games. Dwight wasn't even close to 100%, neither was Pau. Now MDA is trying to force them to run, play heavy minutes, out of position, bad rotation mixes, and the whole team has that what's gonna happen next vibe. 90-90 vs the Heat. Lose. 75-75 vs the Bulls, fall apart. They have it in them, they know how to play, they just can't put it all together. And the rest of the league is now giddy to play us, rather than fearful. They play out of their minds.

In the end, they can't panic. They could look at flipping Pau. They could even flip Dwight. They could cut ties with Clark, Jamison, Meeks, Hill, watch Pau and Blake go next year, maybe even flip Nash at some point. Watch Dwight walk, Kobe rot. And then start ALL over in 2014. We could be an expansion team next year. Or, they play the middle ground, hold on, wait it out in the .500 range, and still gear up for 2014.

If they stick with MDA, he will kill everything. Players are going to lose it with him, but they gave him 3 years, MB has like 3 years left, Buss is going to take a lot of heat for this. Mitch did his job, and did it well. Buss didn't follow it up. And for that, it will cost us. Possibly 2 seasons. Then we have to gamble that players will want to be here in 2014, with a new coach I would imagine by then.

Either way, in the next 30 days, I expect contracts/bodies to start getting flipped. Jamison, Blake, Clark, Duhon, Ebanks, Meeks, anybody that someone wants, will probably get sold. Pretty unreal it's got to this point, but here we are. 2005 all over again. Just remember, 3 years later, we were back. This time, we should be right within 2 years. Unless something drastic happens, like Minny panic trading us Kevin Love for Pau. :lol:

So Dwight wouldn't want to resign in play in HTown and jam to screw for the rest of his career?

Or start the new Supersonics franchise with Boogie?

Or play w/ Irv Gotti in CLE?

I didn't say he'd be traded to Toronto or anything like that :lol:

All I know is I've been pretty close to saying things about my "team" that I haven't said since 2005.

It's been hard keeping my mouth shut, but I'm going to try to keep quiet for a little longer and hope for some kind of turnaround (but what are the chances of that... :rolleyes )

But anyways, seeing as how on NT everything you say is used against you at some point...
i'll just say one thing and one thing only;

We are a horrible, horrible, horrible team right now...from top to bottom.

That is all I have to say for now. |I

The blame is not on any one person, player, coach, or front office nerd. It's everywhere.

Fittingly, Mitch does TREMENDOUS work in the offseason, what he pulled off was unreal, and he was the HANDS DOWN Exec of the year til all this. Then, who hired the coach? Jim. Who didn't want to suck up to Phil anymore, and everyone followed his lead. Thas how it goes.

Dwight is not 100%. Period. It should be clear to everyone. You can tell when he feels good, he explodes everywhere. When he doesn't, he shuffles his feet all the way down court, he doesn't run like a dear. That's not anger, or lazy, or any of that, that's he can't. That's why you see 25-17 one night, 7-4 the next. His injury comes and goes.

What I have said about Nash forever has been shown out this year. "Nash makes everyone around him better". Oh? What it really was was a bunch of athletic guys he played with could get from one side of the court to the other in 3 steps and shoot when they were wide open. Now Nash plays with slower guys, don't get as open, and don't knock down wide open shots anymore. He doesn't make them, they make him. Now what his skill was was vision, and keeping his dribble alive searching and probing for the best open shot. You don't magically pass the ball to a player, and he's so great that the teammate makes a 27 footer cuz he loves you Steve. :lol: Those players make the shots, Nash just gives them the ball.

Pau is caught in the middle of everything. Down low, up top, slow footed, not fully healthy, aged as well.

Kobe is now wasting away. He came out in ridiculous good health, great shape, etc. He was really excited about this season I'm sure. Now, it's a disaster and we've asked him to play PG, defend PG's lately, AND carry the offense since Nash has been out, Pau been out, Dwight not 100%, all while playing 40 minutes a night. We're killing him. Blaming him is beyond stupid. Surely he takes bad shots and should save that ****, but he's also the only guy on the planet that has put the work in. You guys think Dwight in the gym workin on his game right now? You heard TNT last night, Kobe loses in Toronto, tired legs, old man, in the Bulls stadium at 10 o clock at night shooting. Working out. The guy is going to die within Staples center, and be buried underneath center court.

Mike D.......is there a law why you have to sit 3 of your stars at once? WHY IN THE **** WOULD YOU SEND PAU OUT ALONE TO START THE SECOND QUARTER? What purpose does that serve, you ******g idiot? Good God, what does Pau, Morris, Duhon, Ron, and Clark do? Take one of those idiots out, and give him Nash or Kobe. A guard, to balance what he does. WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO DO THAT?

The best we have been this year, Bernie came in, and let them play, WITHOUT Nash. And they were fine. They played the Spurs to the final second, again, without Nash. Just be basic, and play your games. Dwight wasn't even close to 100%, neither was Pau. Now MDA is trying to force them to run, play heavy minutes, out of position, bad rotation mixes, and the whole team has that what's gonna happen next vibe. 90-90 vs the Heat. Lose. 75-75 vs the Bulls, fall apart. They have it in them, they know how to play, they just can't put it all together. And the rest of the league is now giddy to play us, rather than fearful. They play out of their minds.

In the end, they can't panic. They could look at flipping Pau. They could even flip Dwight. They could cut ties with Clark, Jamison, Meeks, Hill, watch Pau and Blake go next year, maybe even flip Nash at some point. Watch Dwight walk, Kobe rot. And then start ALL over in 2014. We could be an expansion team next year. Or, they play the middle ground, hold on, wait it out in the .500 range, and still gear up for 2014.

If they stick with MDA, he will kill everything. Players are going to lose it with him, but they gave him 3 years, MB has like 3 years left, Buss is going to take a lot of heat for this. Mitch did his job, and did it well. Buss didn't follow it up. And for that, it will cost us. Possibly 2 seasons. Then we have to gamble that players will want to be here in 2014, with a new coach I would imagine by then.

Either way, in the next 30 days, I expect contracts/bodies to start getting flipped. Jamison, Blake, Clark, Duhon, Ebanks, Meeks, anybody that someone wants, will probably get sold. Pretty unreal it's got to this point, but here we are. 2005 all over again. Just remember, 3 years later, we were back. This time, we should be right within 2 years. Unless something drastic happens, like Minny panic trading us Kevin Love for Pau. :lol:

I like that trade k-love for pau.. also gotta remember love has injured himself twice.. so they might be reluctant to get rid of him.. I want delonte! And a defensjve minded player on the wing cause it is too much on kobe to play the main offensive weapon and guard the best wing players 40 min. Of every game

So Dwight wouldn't want to resign in play in HTown and jam to screw for the rest of his career?

Or start the new Supersonics franchise with Boogie?

Or play w/ Irv Gotti in CLE?

I didn't say he'd be traded to Toronto or anything like that :lol:

I'll give you Houston (that may be a possible destination in Free Agency) but the Rockets would have nothing appealing to offer the Lakers in a trade. They wouldn't trade Harden so the Lakers wouldn't make that move.

As for Cleveland and Sonics - No. Dwight would surely not go there. They'd also have to get rid of Boogie or Irving for Dwight so what would be the point? Come on. You can come up with a better scenario then that.

The Brooklyn scenario would be the most likely and feasible option for both teams and Dwight Howard's interest. Lakers won't do it tho. Just out of curiosity, how would Laker fans feel about that move? Wou;d ya'll rather risk it with Dwight in FA?

Last edited:
nerd.gif

I like Love, but he's injuried if Lakers look to tank then yes but it's win now mode. I could see something like Love and Derrick Williams coming to LA but time will tell

First thing they need to do is fire Dantoni.

Also, mitch is not excutive of the year. He failed to provide any decent backups for this old *** team. Young teams can get away with having no bench but not old teams. He tried to get shooters for the post players but they were bargain price shooters.

Dwight is never going to be happy.

If he wants to go, let him go. And no, that doesnt mean i blame him for the losing. Our whole team is to blame, everyone, that includes Kobe.

I'm just saying im Tired of his cry baby act. On the court he's laughing and joking for 48 minutes, even when we are losing. He doesn't show any leadership. He doesn't voice any opinions about his role. He complains to the refs but stays quiet on the bench.

In front of the media off court... all of a sudden he cares about his touches, he cares about the game, he cares about winning. He's unhappy, he voices his unhappy-ness, he wants the team to play better.

I don't want to lose him, he's valuable defensively and its hard to get an equal value in a trade for him.

But damn...I can see why SVG hated the dude now. :smh:

Last edited:
Dwight's probably thinking. "Man I should have stayed my butt in Orlando, at least over there I get to win 50+ games and make the playoffs..."

LOL @ dwight wanna play inside out with no offensive moves...

dood is NOT the offensive player he thinks he is.

Back
Top Bottom