Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SLU!

Nice one Ska, I haven't seen that abbreviation before :lol:

Reminded me of STU lantz.

Or Soup.

Or Stew!

Sounds like a form of Flu, maybe a disease.

Our Lakers SLU!
Haha

Last edited:
[quote name="6 rings MJ"]Hopefully Pau will (get lost in traffic so that there's no way that Bosh can annihilate him, which Bosh absolutely would do if Pau were to) play tomorrow..[/quote]Agreed.

U don't start clark at the 3. As frustrating as MWP can be on offense, he can spread the floor somewhat with his outside shooting, certainly more so than clark can. Also, the advantages in quickness and athleticism that Clark has over most 4s would be mitigated playing the 3. I'm getting tired of seeing the llama loaf up and down the court in the starting line-up

Clark is also too small to play the 4. He has some rebounding prowess but his body is just too small to be a quality starting 4 full-time.

He's one of those awkward tweeners that doesn't quite have the range or speed to be a 3, or the size to be a 4. That's probably the best reason why his role should be a guy off the bench.

I'm so sick of trying to figure out how to fit Gasol in the starting 5. when he's out there it just seems like everyone is too concerned with trying to figure out how to share the ball that theyre thinking too much. now with clark hustling not needing shots they can just go out there and do they thing. put him on the 2nd unit, bench him period, trade him DGAF done dealing with him

Whether Pau starts or he comes off the bench one thing is clear to everyone in this thread...HE BELONGS WITH THE 2ND UNIT

Now there are ways of going about this besides the 6th man role. Like I said earlier, its just plain hard to right out put Pau on the
6th man role due to a plethora of reasons...

But on the court D12/Pau does not work...clogging up the paint/Pau's lack of effort & energy/just not compatible
What Pau brings (or used to bring) is not needed in the starting lineup...we dont need more offense or playmaking with Nash/Kobe & D12 out there
We need a player that excels in athleticism, defense, hustle, energy, and dont require the ball to score (Clark)

Pau would be perfect in 2nd unit play for reasons already named by so many in this thread....
He can spend his time in the paint, the 2nd unit would be infused with offense (no lapses), he can make the other 2nd unit players better around him
I wish JHill wasnt hurt that way you could play Pau with JHill to take care of the defense/rebounding duties for Pau :smh:

But all this is irrelevant because you just cant put Pau on the bench due to his salary, star-power, mental weakness, overall sacrifice to the team he
has already shown, and other political reasons

The only way it happens is if Pau continues to show he cant integrate himself into the new system and Clark continues to prove himself...
And I have full faith that will happen since Pau has been dead to me for awhile now.

Pau needs to come off the bench or at least minimize the time he and Dwight are on the floor together as much as possible, only way for him to be effective. For some reason since 2010 he only has balls to play in the Olympics, he doesn't increase the effectiveness of starting unit so just use common sense and put him where he can really at least try to eat.

As for Earlsanity, he's long and quick enough to defend 3s and 4s, I mean there are few big men 4s in the league now anyways. Melo and Bron almost exclusively play at the 4 and most others are playing in the stretch role anyway. Pau can't defend anyway so it won't be a big deal. If Gasol could rid himself of his lady parts he could exponentially make our 2nd unit better especially with Hill out.

If _'Antoni doesn't have the gall to sit him outright. Take D12 out midway through the 1st and leave Pau in the majority with the bench guys where he can post up and stop being the stretch 4 that he is not. Kobe/D12/Nash are plenty of offense for the 1st unit and Kobe on ball along with MWP, Clark and Dwight should be effectively defensively.

I guess I'm changing themes for the tumblr.. Should be infinite scroll now.

Unless this one screws with infinite scroll... It should be more conducive with videos as well.

Last edited:
Damn I think Pau> Smith all day.
But in our current system. Smith would work better. Just don't want him chucking 3s like I know he will :smh:

Pau is coming off the bench initially according to ESPN, and he's playing tomorrow.

I for one am excited to see what kind of production we get from him coming off the bench, at least initially.

Hopefully it will reinstate some confidence in him

Well then my hope is that maybe there will be at least a few games where it was like Derek Fisher and Ramon Sessions last season, where Derek was the starter but Ramon actually played more minutes.

as if even that type of system worked

play the better player more minutes and reward him by starting. it is common sense

lol you guys need to get league pass coz this dude shot is beyond horrid.

this guy will shoot threes like hes ray allen.. lets just say, id rather have pau shooting threes than him. :smh:

atlanta can keep him!

already have league pass. Theres no way I see Pau fitting better with this current lakers squad than smith. Imagine smith and howard patrolling the paint on defense. And they're probably the best athletes at their respective positions. There's a reason why atlanta probably wouldn't pull the trigger on that deal, even with the problems Smith's been giving them

this guy will shoot threes like hes ray allen.. lets just say, id rather have pau shooting threes than him. :smh:

atlanta can keep him!

already have league pass. Theres no way I see Pau fitting better with this current lakers squad than smith. Imagine smith and howard patrolling the paint on defense. And they're probably the best athletes at their respective positions. There's a reason why atlanta probably wouldn't pull the trigger on that deal, even with the problems Smith's been giving them

All depends on what other teams offer...

There's probably 8-9 teams that would get involved on it. Half of them are already out because they'll have to trade young pieces and draft picks just to get a guy who will leave in the offseason (Josh is going to get a similar amount of money from every team. He has no interest in losing for even a year).

Grizzles may feel out the Hawks. Hawks would probably ask for Rudy. If Grizz take that they become easily the best Defensive team in the league. But their offense would be laughable.

Mavs have to tread lightly. If they go after Josh Smith. They have to know that the ability to get Dwight or CP3 is out the window (Cuban already is aware of the non-existant chance of getting either CP3 or Dwight).

Rockets... I'm sure the Hawks won't settle for a 2015 first round draft pick. Omar Asik, Toney Douglass, Patrick Patterson & Terrence Jones.

I don't think the Lakers will get him. I think he ultimately stays put.. Then signs 5 year- max deal with the Hawks. But in terms of our competitiveness with other teams... We're far from last.

atlanta can keep him!

All depends on what other teams offer...

There's probably 8-9 teams that would get involved on it. Half of them are already out because they'll have to trade young pieces and draft picks just to get a guy who will leave in the offseason (Josh is going to get a similar amount of money from every team. He has no interest in losing for even a year).

Grizzles may feel out the Hawks. Hawks would probably ask for Rudy. If Grizz take that they become easily the best Defensive team in the league. But their offense would be laughable.

Mavs have to tread lightly. If they go after Josh Smith. They have to know that the ability to get Dwight or CP3 is out the window (Cuban already is aware of the non-existant chance of getting either CP3 or Dwight).

Rockets... I'm sure the Hawks won't settle for a 2015 first round draft pick. Omar Asik, Toney Douglass, Patrick Patterson & Terrence Jones.

I don't think the Lakers will get him. I think he ultimately stays put.. Then signs 5 year- max deal with the Hawks. But in terms of our competitiveness with other teams... We're far from last.

Back
Top Bottom