Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The obvious move is to move Pau and Clark to the bench and start Jamison.

Wait, what?!?!

So my question is Who The **** plays backup center. I DESPISE everything about Dantoni man he has No good qualities... while Mike brown was dumb he wasnt nearly as much as a prick as dantoni this guy is one of the worst coaches in the L :smh:

Be a better player than Earl Clark.
Yes, I believe Pau is still a better player, but he would fit much better with the 2nd unit. Clark is also a much better defender than Pau. Let Pau come in with Jamison, Morris, whoever and let the offense run through him. I dont see why anyone would have a problem with that. You have a team where there is no dropoff basically.
Couldn't you have him as the starter. And still play him second unit.

Answer is: Yes

And Clark being a better defender than Pau.. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep him with Pau as much as possible, instead of with Dwight.
Dwight, Earl, Metta, and Kobe (on ball) is a great defensive team. Let Pau and Jamison play against 2nd teir players.

Look at what the Clips and OKC does. Start a solid, scrappy defensive player 1st then bring a dynamic scorer off the bench and run the offense through him. You put so much more pressure on the other team. We dont need Pau's scoring with the 1st unit as much as we do with the bench.

Dwight, Earl, Metta, and Kobe (on ball) is a great defensive team. Let Pau and Jamison play against 2nd teir players.

The defense has looked more active and locked in against Cleveland and Milwaukee. There are still plenty of breakdowns, but they can rotate and recover a little better. I'm not crediting Earl Clark completely, but I think he makes a difference.

I don't think it warrants Pau being sent to the bench for Clark, but it does warrant Meeks and other underperforming bench players from getting minutes.

Look at what the Clips and OKC does. Start a solid, scrappy defensive player 1st then bring a dynamic scorer off the bench and run the offense through him. You put so much more pressure on the other team. We dont need Pau's scoring with the 1st unit as much as we do with the bench.

i totally agree with this.. i understand having a strong defensive 1st team is nice, but what's point to have strong defensive starting line up, build a lead, and then your 2nd unit comes in, and there is no defensive balance or offensive go-to-guy off the bench.. you lose your lead and you have to make your starters work hard to make right what your 2nd unit just messed up. it wears your team out and like stephen a. smith said.. if they decide to put kobe on the best perimeter player, all they have to do, is keep running and it will take kobe out the game.. kobe cant run or chase a smaller, faster guard for 48 minutes.. it will decrease his productivity on offense.

The defense has looked more active and locked in against Cleveland and Milwaukee. There are still plenty of breakdowns, but they can rotate and recover a little better. I'm not crediting Earl Clark completely, but I think he makes a difference.

I don't think it warrants Pau being sent to the bench for Clark, but it does warrant Meeks and other underperforming bench players from getting minutes.

yeah, cleveland and milwaukee, two very sucky teams.. and both rely on their guards... the breakdowns shouldnt happen.. but they do because they dont practice their defensive schemes and dont do well to go from man to man, back to zone... and that is gonna burn them..

makes you wonder if they do this in practice.. i remember that several times, all i did in practice was defense.. nothing else.. the suckiest practices, but it makes you appreciate and understand how to deal with everything defensively..

defense is nothing but hard work and effort.. lazy people arent good defenders!

You've got to have some physical advantages (length, lateral quickness, etc) these days to be an effective perimeter defender.

Cleveland may suck but the Lakers' defense was able to rotate around and stay active on them much better Sunday than the game in Cleveland

Last Night's Photos up on tumblr

Actually, a Nash/Kobe/Clark/Pau/Dwight SLU sounds pretty legit. :smokin At least for a few games, see how it goes.

I mean, what better time to figure out our starting lineup than the middle of January? :lol:... ... :\ #struggling

Actually, a Nash/Kobe/Clark/Pau/Dwight SLU sounds pretty legit. :smokin At least for a few games, see how it goes.

I mean, what better time to figure out our starting lineup than the middle of January? :lol:... ... :\ #struggling

thats a big front line... kinda like when lamar was playing.. clark is 6'10, along with pau and dwight..

Nash
Kobe
Clark
Pau
Howard

Have Clark play the better defender and have Pau play the worst player out there. The one thing i'm extremely impressed with Clark is that he's willing and good at guarding anybody, I think that lineup will be good.

That lineup will just make opposing teams compact the floor, giving no room for Dwight to operate (or Pau :lol: :rolleyes).

That lineup will just make opposing teams compact the floor, giving no room for Dwight to operate (or Pau :lol: :rolleyes).

I keep goiing back to the Lakers game vs. the Warriors where Pau played the high post perfectly. Got Dwight involved and got Kobe involved as well, and remember this is just the starting lineup for the 6 or 8 minutes to start the game, try it out, see how it works.

However, I do believe if we go to this lineup we'd have to slow the game down a bit, something D'antoni seems allergic to.

P.S. I liked Jodi Meeks sucks that he is getting the Jamison treatment right now...

Nobody has answered anything about Not having a Center off the bench.... or making shot crazy Ron Artest the 6th man :rolleyes

Pau has not worked with Dwight at all he is misused as a guy standing 20 Feet away from the basket. If you start Clark and allow Pau to play off the Bench both problems are solved because Pau can go out & Score in the post.... along with Facilitate for others. By bringing him in with the second unit you have him playing against second unit big men in a league where that position is already weak.

He would be able to draw double teams against most second units and with Meeks & Jaminson around the perimeter that could really improve the Lakers Bench scoring.

Instead You want Earl Clark to come off the bench and be asked to be something he's not. He isnt a scorer & he's an slightly above average defender/ Great Athlete.... Putting him on a second unit that contains no shotblocking and no playmakers is a HORRIBLE idea. He's playing great right now because he has three stars around him opening things up, he goes to the bench his Offensive game will struggle heavily and with this idiot we have as coach he might get all the way benched by all star break. :smh:

I keep goiing back to the Lakers game vs. the Warriors where Pau played the high post perfectly. Got Dwight involved and got Kobe involved as well, and remember this is just the starting lineup for the 6 or 8 minutes to start the game, try it out, see how it works.

However, I do believe if we go to this lineup we'd have to slow the game down a bit, something D'antoni seems allergic to.

P.S. I liked Jodi Meeks sucks that he is getting the Jamison treatment right now...
That sure would be nice to see Pau facilitate more from the high post like that. Count me in that camp that wants Pau to come off the bench, but he's sensitive and could go off the deep end. :lol:

People can't say D'Antoni doesn't care about defense when he's benching Meeks and Jamison.

Last edited:
That sure would be nice to see Pau facilitate more from the high post like that. Count me in that camp that wants Pau to come off the bench, but he's sensitive and could go off the deep end. :lol:

People can't say D'Antoni doesn't care about defense when he's benching Meeks and Jamison.

People can't say D'Antoni does care about defense when he starts the second quarter with a Duhon, Morris, Meeks, Jamison, Sacre lineup either...

Let's just agree that defense is not what gets D'antoni's undies wet

Me personally, from watching the last 5 games of pau being out.

I'd rather have earl Clark's hustle on defense, rebounding blocks etc.. Over pau's weak defense and him facilitating the offense.

I mean its not like we miss his scoring, lakers still avg over 100+ ppg ..

But of course Kobe would never let him come off the bench.

I'd rather have Clark on the starting lineup rather than Pau. Why? He defends better and plays with MORE energy, which is something the starting lineup lacks. AND the other starters covers his weaknesses. Kobe, Nash and Dwight attracts the other teams defense that leaves Clark open or an easy chance for second chance buckets. While Pau on the other hand, would just clog up the paint OR camp on the 3 pt line, resulting to his defender helping out on Dwight/Kobe. Put him on the bench and we have somebody who can be a focal point on offence, which is something the 2nd unit lacks. Somebody who can create his own shot as well as share the ball to his teammates. But I don't think this would happen, he's such a baby to be demoted to a sixth man. His morale would be crushed :smh: Kinda wish he will understand just like Lamar did before :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom