Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[quote name="MR J 858"]Nice win tonight.

F the Heat !

F Lebronze

F DWhistle

F Gay A*s homo Bosh

:D[/quote]*warned*

Great win! Anyone else love watching the Lakers highlights after a win? Feels so good.

Lakers got a good chance to beat the Heat. Heat will be playing 3 games in 4 nights. If Kobe can play that D on Wade we should be good. Heat struggling right now, specially with rebounding the ball. D12 should easily get 20 boards and play solid D on Bosh. Lebron will be Lebron.

Will Pau play Thursday night?

Last edited:
Told you

Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said that Pau Gasol will assume Clark's spot in the starting lineup as soon as he returns from the concussion that has sidelined the star forward for the past five games.

"(Bringing Gasol off the bench) would be tough," D'Antoni said before Tuesday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. "We'll see (how) everything kind of plays out the way it is, but that's not my intention right now."

Either way I'm just happy to have Earl Clark part of the rotation.
He won't always be hitting shots, he won't always be having a great game...but one thing you can count on from him is constant energy and enthusiasm on the court.

We have really been missing that on the Lakers for a long while now.
He really looks happy to be out there and it rubs off on his teammates. It does make a difference for team chemistry and performance.
Not only that but he also hustles, and produces on both ends.

Hope he stays consistent enough to stay a part of the rotation.

Last edited:
It's dope to hear and see this tonight. Kobe challenging himself every night against each team's best perimeter player is better than Kobe being uninterested and roaming on defense.

even though kobe did a great job defensively, i think it is a bad idea... to have your #1 option on offense play tough defense on the other team's best player.. he's gonna use a lot of energy on defense and if he struggles on offense, it's only gonna go downhill..

if he would check the best player on the other team occasionally and not every possession, it would be different. if you're tired and you miss you're shots and then you also gotta defend the other team's best perimeter players. you're just making it harder on yourself to make shots.

d'antoni is an idiot and is gonna burn kobe out, before we can even make a run... and then putting pau in the starting line up, i think pau, jamison and perhaps another good, solid player would be a great 2nd unit...

because it is d'antoni, they are not gonna pursue delonte.. cause he's not strong enough as a coach.. phil would easily take that chance on delonte..

GoldenChild I agree in the long run it isn't the best idea.
Right now though, we need all the help we can get.
Whatever we have been doing hasn't been working so if Kobe wants to do that to himself to help the team for a few games its fine by me.

At some point though, i totally agree he should tone it down and not burn himself out.

GoldenChild I agree in the long run it isn't the best idea.
Right now though, we need all the help we can get.
Whatever we have been doing hasn't been working so if Kobe wants to do that to himself to help the team for a few games its fine by me.

At some point though, i totally agree he should tone it down and not burn himself out.

it makes you wonder what they do in practice..??? it is not hard to stay in front of your man and be in between him and the basket. if it does fail, you have a 2 time defensive player of the year behind you. but it is unacceptable in my eyes to have your defense collapse time and time again. i saw it yesterday several times,that the defense makes the crucial mistake of not knowing who to guard or stay with. a lot of open looks.. you cant have that.. so i do wonder if they practice their defense.. whether it is man to man, team defense or zone..

it's not hard to close off the baseline, or to help the helper...

defense has nothing to do with talent, sure quick feet and good timing on rebounds and blocks helps.. but defense is all about hard work, nothing more... and i feel that Antoni does not stress the importance of defense enough on the rest of his team, that kobe has taken it upon himself to guard the best perimeter player.. simply because he is so competitive

[quote name="Essential1"]
Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said that Pau Gasol will assume Clark's spot in the starting lineup as soon as he returns from the concussion that has sidelined the star forward for the past five games.

"(Bringing Gasol off the bench) would be tough," D'Antoni said before Tuesday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. "We'll see (how) everything kind of plays out the way it is, but that's not my intention right now."
Told you[/quote]Well then my hope is that maybe there will be at least a few games where it was like Derek Fisher and Ramon Sessions last season, where Derek was the starter but Ramon actually played more minutes.

Last edited:
[quote name="Essential1"]

Told you
Well then my hope is that maybe there will be at least a few games where it was like Derek Fisher and Ramon Sessions last season, where Derek was the starter but Ramon actually played more minutes.[/quote]
That'll be difficult to accomplish since Fish and Sessions were only teammates for like two hours and never played together.

Steve Blake, Derek Fisher... whatever the hell, man. :lol:

Start Pau, give Earl more minutes than Pau. That's what the hell I was getting at. :lol:

Mwps production drops a lot when he comes off the bench. He just likes being a starter :lol:
Clark off the bench is fine by me as long as he's playing good mins

Why not make Earl the starting 3. And MWP the 6th man. Which makes more sense than Pau as the 6th man.

what has pau done recently to get that starting job? he hasnt earned it... besides i think that pau might do more with a 2nd unit when he's the main focus.. that way you really can see it is his game, whether he does well or not.. no one will be held accountable but pau..

Be a better player than Earl Clark.
Yes, I believe Pau is still a better player, but he would fit much better with the 2nd unit. Clark is also a much better defender than Pau. Let Pau come in with Jamison, Morris, whoever and let the offense run through him. I dont see why anyone would have a problem with that. You have a team where there is no dropoff basically.

Be a better player than Earl Clark.
Yes, I believe Pau is still a better player, but he would fit much better with the 2nd unit. Clark is also a much better defender than Pau. Let Pau come in with Jamison, Morris, whoever and let the offense run through him. I dont see why anyone would have a problem with that. You have a team where there is no dropoff basically.

Couldn't you have him as the starter. And still play him second unit.

Answer is: Yes

And Clark being a better defender than Pau.. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep him with Pau as much as possible, instead of with Dwight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom