Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
players still need to get accustomed with one another. some players getting the ball way out of position causing to a lot of TO's.

obviously, they will figure it out the more they play together.

that bench needs to get decent quick though. :x

Wait so Howard came back from a back injury, and plays 33 mins his first game?

Yes......and that was the plan coming into tonight, there's no action like like game action.

Ireland asked brown before the game if he would limit D12's minutes, and the answer was no. Which i agree with, cause the starters need all the time they can get with each other

Wait so Howard came back from a back injury, and plays 33 mins his first game?

Yes......and that was the plan coming into tonight, there's no action like like game action.

Ireland asked brown before the game if he would limit D12's minutes, and the answer was no. Which i agree with, cause the starters need all the time they can get with each other

Yep, there's no point in giving him 15-20 when he's expected to play double that on a nightly basis.

Not many superstars get hazed in the preseason, but the Lakers did it to Howard before warm-ups. They put Howard at the front of the line to run on the court -- and then everybody stayed in the tunnel while Howard ran onto the court by himself, getting a huge ovation and a laugh.

Lol anyone has a vid?

Lakers nation twitter feed is saying next week most of the cable companies will be finalizing deals with TWC just in time for the start of the season! :smokin

:lol:

watched the last quarter, everyone looked kind of lost out there and just running plays and not really thinking or reacting

for those who missed it:

Here's my thoughts:
Our bench sucks. We really need JHill back and for antawn jamison to wake up and play ball. Son is underwhelming all preseason long. We need some spark of the bench.
Duhon actually played okay, I prefer him more than Blake if I had to choose.
The starting unit showed us that they can play together (2nd quarter 6 mins remaining) BUT what the hell happened to them at the start of the 3rd quarter?
Metta was doing fine at the start of the game, but was kinda overdoing it as the game went on. He just need to know his role and do it.
Kobe's performance was the same as metta's he was brilliant in the 1st half, just moving w/out the ball, passing, and picking his shots on the right spot. But whatever happened on that 3 he chunked out of the time out to tie the game :smh: No need to take ill advised shot.
Dwight did good but I think he's still adjusting to being back in a game. He'll only get better. His presence alone on the defensive end :smokin :smokin
Nash was alright, good to know it was only a minor ankle tweak. I want to see him take some more shots.
And pau, no comment. Our front court should clear up the defensive boards, the kings just had a lot of 2nd chance points.

Not even sweating this game, but this showed us that the Lakers has a LOT to work on.

Last edited:
22 turnovers is a problem but that will come down in time

just noticed that the bench never made it to the line other than sacre's one trip... and it looks like its pretty much been that way this preseason

Last edited:
At least Dwight played good. *kanye shrug*

I don't like the fact that the starters played 30+ mins and we still lost but it is the preseason.

I thought they supposed to play the Clippers until i turn on the TV and find out it's the Kings. :lol:

Easy win with Dwight in line up right? Nope :smh:

Not sure if it's the new offense system or chemistry but Mitch got some work to do. Jamison and steve blake can't guard anyone smh

Kobe's had the ball in his hands too much. Steve needs to be the primary ballhandler out there.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for Jamison to break out. We really need him to provide the bench scoring. Where are those unorthodox hip shots and the like that I always used to :smh: at whenever he'd score against the lakers before.

Duhon looked alright handling the ball but he wasn't running the team, instead chucking those 3's just for the hell of it :smh: He just needs to run the offense and I hope he gets it in his head to do so.

Last edited:
Jamison won't be breaking out for a while, I'm betting. There are bigger problems than him at the moment anyway, such as the Princeton offense not moving/creating opportunities the way it's supposed to, Steve's struggle with choosing between using the Princeton or running his own offense and having Metta play within the system and only do what we need him to do. I expect that it will take about half of the season for these kind of problems to be solved.

I liked everything I saw from the main 5, except for 30+ minutes for all 5 of them.

However

Only a week left, Dwight's first run, gotta let the guys play and learn each other a little bit, so in that sense, I will allow it. Tryin to get some rythym goin for them, at home, I'm cool with it.

Hill bein out does hurt the bench, he and Jamison, Ebanks, Meeks, and Blake will be enough, but can't run all 5 of them out there at once. Gonna need 2 starters on the floor at all times pretty much.

Nobody worry about Jamison. He's old, but he's a vet, he'll get it figured out. Just takes a little time to get that old body goin probably. :lol:

The panic is going to be epic every game we lose. God there are going to be some wars on this board pretty soon.

Oh and uh, wife told me last night that I should just get the NBA package. :smokin

Lakers nation twitter feed is saying next week most of the cable companies will be finalizing deals with TWC just in time for the start of the season!
smokin.gif
I really hope so. This is getting out of hand. Watching the games online stream is cool and all but I need the real thing on tv. Can't wait till we play the Clips this week so we can watch a televised game for a chance!
roll.gif

roll.gif
Duhon gets me rolling every time I see him doing this.

Reminds me of Dante Cullpepper when he scored a touchdown back when!

I really hope so. This is getting out of hand. Watching the games online stream is cool and all but I need the real thing on tv. Can't wait till we play the Clips this week so we can watch a televised game for a chance!

same here. I have to scan my pc after I watch the game from online streaming as it seems it somehow gets infected with some kind of spyware. :x

injuries are piling up for the lakers.. metta, nash now kobe

Kobe Bryant has a strained and bruised right foot, sustained in the 3rd quarter last night. He didn't practice today & is listed as day-to-day.

doesnt sound too bad though.

hopefully mike brown plays them only 15-20 mins next game.

Back
Top Bottom