Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Correction... Fisher would get $1.352million for vet minimum.... We have $1.59mil left of the mini-MLE...

Please Mitch.. Just get Barbosa... PLEASE!

Free up the Roster.. Get Barbosa..

Sources briefed on the discussions told ESPN.com on Monday that Fisher has, indeed, been verified by the league office as eligible to re-sign with the Lakers since July 1, which runs counter to the widely held assumption that Fisher had to wait at least one year from the date that the Lakers dealt him to Houston in March before a reunion with Kobe Bryant would be permissible.

The NBA’s new labor agreement stipulates that a player traded and then waived by the team that acquired him can’t re-sign with his original team for one year or until the traded contract runs out -- whichever comes first. But in Fisher’s case, confusion surrounding his player option for the 2012-13 season led to the belief in some league circles that he had picked up the option before the Houston Rockets bought him out. In reality, sources confirm, Fisher was bought out by Houston before he was eligible to invoke the 2012-13 option, which means that his contract was deemed to have ended June 30, sending Fisher to full-fledged free agency on July 1.

So ...

Plenty of dominoes still have to fall before Fisher, who finished last season with Oklahoma City, actually winds up back at Staples Center in purple and gold. Fisher, for starters, will have to decide how long he’s willing to wait for the Lakers to open up a slot in their backcourt rotation for him. They currently have too many point guards and too high a payroll to sign him now, which account for two of the reasons that L.A. -- as ESPN.com reported Friday -- is shopping Steve Blake and Chris Duhon.

Yet now we know that there are no roadblocks in the rule book blocking Fisher’s return.

He might ultimately decide to jump on the next palatable offer that presents itself, but I’m told that both Fisher and the Lakers have a level of interest in reuniting down the road if the circumstances are right, suggesting that the tension stemming from L.A.’s decision to discard the 38-year-old last spring is fading.

I'd be happier to stay with Blake/ Duhon & Morris over Fisher.. At least we have 3 options to suck as opposed to 1.

If the Lakers are able to pull a miracle and grab Calderon and sign Fish to that vet minimum, then I won't mind.

Kobe is probably pushing hard to get Fisher back on this team. Just makes even more sense to why he was at the Lakers facility a month ago running scrimmages.

If the Lakers are able to pull a miracle and grab Calderon and sign Fish to that vet minimum, then I won't mind.
Kobe is probably pushing hard to get Fisher back on this team. Just makes even more sense to why he was at the Lakers facility a month ago running scrimmages.

Fisher will jam up the rotation.. Once Fisher is on the roster, there is no point of signing or trading for ANY PG because they won't play, Fisher will

I'm only all for Fisher if he's at the end of that bench. I don't even want him touching the floor unless the Lakers are +30 with 1:00 minute left to play in the 4th.

At this point I think it's all speculation that the Lakers want to reunite with him. ESPN just wants to strike and stir something up.

I'm only all for Fisher if he's at the end of that bench. I don't even want him touching the floor unless the Lakers are +30 with 1:00 minute left to play in the 4th.
At this point I think it's all speculation that the Lakers want to reunite with him. ESPN just wants to strike and stir something up.

I'm not even for him playing in that case either... Just retire.

If i hear BARBOSA one more time I swear I might sabotage my own damn thread...

WE DON'T NEED LEANDRO BARBOSA'S SERVICES.

:smh:

If i hear BARBOSA one more time I swear I might sabotage my own damn thread...
WE DON'T NEED LEANDRO BARBOSA'S SERVICES.
:smh:

Leandro Barbosa

Leandro Barbosa

Leandro Barbosa

Leandro Barbosa.

Leandro Barbosa

Leandro Barbosa

Leandro Barbosa

Leandro Barbosa

Guy who runs the floor, drives to the basket, shoots the 3 decently... Has played and excelled with Nash... Pretty much a no-brainer that we DO NEED his services on the bench

Last edited:
If the Heat and Thunder are the standard (which they should be), then Barbosa should be avoided.

If the Heat and Thunder are the standard (which they should be), then Barbosa should be avoided.

If they are who we are playing against... Which is true..

Who should be the backup PG... Because right now this bench is still short.

Barbosa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blake, Duhon, Fish & Morris....

Not the ideal PG. But hell he's better than all of those guys combined.. Let him play his minutes with Kobe, and have Kobe as the primary ball handler for those 15 minutes.. Let Barbosa react off him. And react off double teams and cut to the basket.

It then allows Nash time to play with Meeks, which works better for us as a whole.

Even Barbosa & Meeks is a pretty good combo.. Both a transition offensive players... Meeks as a trail for three's is where he's made his name.

Sure Calderon would be nice.. But we are not getting him in a trade so..

Last edited:
But Barbosa is a SG.

And of the options provided, I'd lean towards Blake or Morris as the primary backup PG.

But Barbosa is a SG.
And of the options provided, I'd lean towards Blake or Morris as the primary backup PG.

He's a tweener guard.

Not a great passer, but too small to be a true Shooting Guard.

That's why you allow him to play with Kobe.. Where Kobe can play as the primary ball handler

Last edited:
the lakers are allowed to sign fisher immediately as of this morning. the nba ruled this morning he's eligible now rather than having to wait til march. :smh: *cue michael scott screaming Please no gif*

You want 34 year old Kobe to spend time as the primary ball handler, and said that Barbosa is worth almost 4 million a year to do just that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you need to stop watchin them 06 tapes bruh. That isn't the Barbosa you tryna sign.

I don't even know if Bosa would beat out Steve Blake at this point, I'm serious. I think you should start lookin elsewhere.

Also notice, no one else lookin at him either.......sort of telling, don't you think? We could have him, if we wanted him, don't you think?

Let that dream die man.

There's some loophole, I didn't read into because I don't care, and I don't want Derek Fisher (not being hostile to you, I am pissed that they are thinking about bringing back Fisher)

No you have a right to be pissed its probably thee dumbest thing this organization can do. But honestly the moves that Mitch & JB have been making the past 2 years dont have me worried. Every move they have made these past few years have been genius, including getting rid of old man Fisher in the first place.

I honestly think this is all media hype. These stories came out of nowhere. I honestly think this is our roster. There is already too many new pieces in the system to begin with.
I dont think we get Fisher or Barbosa. We could have had Barbosa already if we really wanted him.

You want 34 year old Kobe to spend time as the primary ball handler, and said that Barbosa is worth almost 4 million a year to do just that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you need to stop watchin them 06 tapes bruh. That isn't the Barbosa you tryna sign.

I don't even know if Bosa would beat out Steve Blake at this point, I'm serious. I think you should start lookin elsewhere.

Also notice, no one else lookin at him either.......sort of telling, don't you think? We could have him, if we wanted him, don't you think?

Let that dream die man.

Back
Top Bottom