Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Going to my first Lakers games at Staples in January. should i buy my tickets now? or will they get cheaper during the season?

Chiming in on the Christmas jerseys: NO PURPLE & GOLD SUCKS A FAT ONE!!!!

I understand they were trying to give everybody an all-white jersey and an all-black jersey, but you have to keep the team's colors, even if it's just in the form of very minor accents.

Like, imagine those all-whites with a yellow border around those big numbers, and a purple border around Lakers on the front and the last name on the back. Someone PS that, because that sounds tooooooo nice. :smokin

Chiming in on the Christmas jerseys: NO PURPLE & GOLD SUCKS A FAT ONE!!!!
I understand they were trying to give everybody an all-white jersey and an all-black jersey, but you have to keep the team's colors, even if it's just in the form of very minor accents.
Like, imagine those all-whites with a yellow border around those big numbers, and a purple border around Lakers on the front and the last name on the back. Someone PS that, because that sounds tooooooo nice. :smokin

Hopefully it stops our Christmas Day losing streak.

For real. :\

Isn't Kobe's record on Christmas like 4-8 or something? :x

ProsportsDaily/Daily News

Trade rumors heat up for backup point-guard spot

"The Lakers were hours away from playing the third of their eight exhibition games this month, and the rumor mill was cranked up to full throttle Saturday. They were said to be interested in upgrading their backup point guard position in a big way.

Whether there was any truth to it was irrelevant.

The chatter was as loud as it was relentless.

Steve Blake and Chris Duhon reportedly were available to any team willing to make the Lakers a respectable offer. The Lakers also were interested in re-signing free agent Derek Fisher, although under league rules they couldn't do it until March 15.

Then there was a Twitter feeding-frenzy about the Lakers' rumored pursuit of Toronto Raptors point guard Jose Calderon, Pau Gasol's teammate on the silver medal-winning Spanish Olympic team. It turned out to be bogus.

Lakers coach Mike Brown then announced he would rest Blake for Saturday's exhibition against the Utah Jazz at Staples Center in order to give more minutes to Duhon and Darius Morris. Brown laughed off the rumors, saying he didn't follow Twitter.

Living in the fact-based world does have its benefits, according to Brown.

"I still don't know who my backup (point guard) is or my backup (shooting guard)," Brown said. "I'm going to try to play Antawn (Jamison) as my backup (small forward) and I'm going to try to play Jordan (Hill) as my backup (power forward).

"I'm still searching for what my second five will be."

Sacre appeared close to locking up the backup center position, starting for the third consecutive exhibition while Dwight Howard continues his recovery from surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back in April.

The Lakers solved their starting point guard concerns when they acquired Steve Nash in a sign-and-trade deal with the Phoenix Suns on July 10. Blake appeared to have the backup job won without lifting a finger, based on his service the last two seasons.

The Lakers acquired Duhon in the deal that brought Howard to Los Angeles from Orlando on Aug. 10. They drafted Morris 41 st in 2011, but played him in only 19 of 66 games during the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season.

How do you not know who your backup SG is... We all know it's Jodie Meeks...

I'm fine with Sacre being the backup 5. It won't last long, but he earned a shot.

And for **** sake please just do something about Backup PG. Use it as a trade exception. Take nothing in return, I don't care, just open up a damn roster spot... And not for Derek Fisher either.. He serves no purpose for us anymore.. He can't play anymore. And if we love his leadership so much... Hire him as a coach

Last edited:
I don't even like the current white jerseys we have let alone the new ones. Basura 
mean.gif

Brown not mentioning Meeks tells me he's either clueless or Meeks isnt showing enough to warrant the backup spot.

But tbh, I havent seen anything from him that wows or impresses me during this pre-season.

Brown not mentioning Meeks tells me he's either clueless or Meeks isnt showing enough to warrant the backup spot.
But tbh, I havent seen anything from him that wows or impresses me during this pre-season.

Even if you or he are not wowed that's what he was brought into do.....

If wowing in the pre-season is what he's looking for half of this team should be working at McDonald's next week

lol mike brown about to take meeks playing time away in favor of playing blake at the 2 guard again :lol:

Brown not mentioning Meeks tells me he's either clueless or Meeks isnt showing enough to warrant the backup spot..

which sounds more like the case here? :lol:

your backup options at the 2 guard are glock who mike clown didnt give any playing time to last year, or steve blake. yes steve blake :lol:

anything is better than those two options :lol:

finding a true back up point guard is the most important thing right now. nash is old and coach prolly will run him into the ground before all star break...

lol mike brown about to take meeks playing time away in favor of playing blake at the 2 guard again :lol:

Read a message board post on a different site saying Steve Blake would be our team's MVP... And would play significant minutes at the 2..

I laughed for a good 10 minutes...

The quicker we get rid of Blake and Duhon the better....

Our bench still has some holes... Barbosa is not much of a PG, but he's a solid bench player and at $1.5mil is a steal.

Barbosa, Meeks, Jamison, Hill, Sacre is a high energy offense.. Not a great defense by any imagination. But Meeks, Hill & Sacre work on D.

Give me those 5 guys.. 3 who can shoot 3s. Barbosa can get to the bucket. 4 of 5 can run a fast break...

Last edited:
Read a message board post on a different site saying Steve Blake would be our team's MVP... And would play significant minutes at the 2..
I laughed for a good 10 minutes...
The quicker we get rid of Blake and Duhon the better....
Our bench still has some holes... Barbosa is not much of a PG, but he's a solid bench player and at $1.5mil is a steal.
Barbosa, Meeks, Jamison, Hill, Sacre is a high energy offense.. Not a great defense by any imagination. But Meeks, Hill & Sacre work on D.
Give me those 5 guys.. 3 who can shoot 3s. Barbosa can get to the bucket. 4 of 5 can run a fast break...

all that would be missing would be mac... :frown:

:rofl:

Even if you or he are not wowed that's what he was brought into do.....
If wowing in the pre-season is what he's looking for half of this team should be working at McDonald's next week

Im probably jumping the gun a little bit, but I just havent seen anything from him that he's suppose to bring to the team.

At least Sacre is out there showing what he can do in a game.

Dont get me wrong though, I want Meeks to succeed this season.

Hopefully he gets more minutes tonight.

^ I agree but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt of him being young, being on a new team and playing in a new system. It's still preseason and the dude is backing up Kobe Bryant on the Los Angeles Lakers. I'm sure nerves are playing some type role in all this. Steve Blake, Chris Duhun,Aguilar and Nelson gotta go asap tho. I feel bad for Morris and Glock. Sometimes being drafted to certain teams at the wrong time can be unfortunate. Watching Steve Nash play is so incredibly beautiful. He places the ball exactly where it needs to be so often its surreal. Do is like the Drew Brees of basketball. Kobe for some reason looks a lot quicker and more athletic than he has in the last few seasons right now. I don't know what type of regime he is on now but he is looking like he turned the clock back a bit.

How the **** is Brown still searching for who his next five is? :stoneface:

Man, not again. Not again man. No ******g way I have to deal with this **** again. :smh:

So help me......

First he gets Steve Nash, THEN he goes lookin for the Princenton offense. :stoneface:

Now he's sayin he doesn't know his next five, 2 weeks before the season starts? Lord, let that just be him motivating. Please Lord, let that be the case.

How the **** is Brown still searching for who his next five is? :stoneface:
Man, not again. Not again man. No ******g way I have to deal with this **** again. :smh:
So help me......
First he gets Steve Nash, THEN he goes lookin for the Princenton offense. :stoneface:
Now he's sayin he doesn't know his next five, 2 weeks before the season starts? Lord, let that just be him motivating. Please Lord, let that be the case.

IM4zVo.gif

A monkey could run this team, we don't even need Phil.

Yet somehow, I already am sweating about the dude runnin things. I hope to God I am wrong. :smh:

Nash
Kobe
Ron
Pau
Dwight

Blake
Meeks
Ebanks
Jamison
Hill

Sacre
Duhon/Goude/Morris/Clark/CDR/Luke Walton/My mom, whoever at 12th spot.

1-2 can go to the D-League if needed, make up a fake injury to stash another somewhere, roll the ball out onto the court, and play ball.

Is that difficult?

Is he really thinking of using Duhon/Blake as the back up back court? Or Morris/Blake? That's in his thought process?

Blake ain't great. We've established this. But he's damn better as the backup 1, with someone else playin 2, than havin Blake as the 2, and someone that sucks worse than him at the 1. Lesser of two evils here.

First of all, we shall never, ever, ever ever ever eva eva eva eva see Blake, Meeks, Ebanks, Jamison, Hill on the court at the same time unless we're up by 59. So, we really don't need to worry about, Meeks isn't shooting too well, Ebanks can't do this, Hill takes too many jumpers, etc etc.

Send Blake and Meeks out there with Dwight and Pau. They'll get open looks.

Send Jamison and Hill out there with Kobe and Nash, things will be ok.

Ron and Ebanks can switch between fast 3's, or strong 3's.

Wanna go big for a sec, have some fun, try some things, bring in Jamison with Pau and Dwight.

Blake at the 2? Sure, then Nash at the 1. Keep Pau or Dwight in down low, we're fine.

Need fouls? Sacre. Hill or Dwight not 100%, use the kid. Ron at the 4 for stretches, we can do that. Kobe at the 3, ok.

This is not brain surgery Mike. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel ************. Stop overthinking ****. Sit down, shut up and let them sub themselves in, they'll figure it out better than you I am guessing. Just please stay out of the way.

Why do I have a feeling I will see none of what I just said? :frown:

Word is that Derek Fisher actually is eligible to join the team now..

:x HELP ME PLEASE

I don't care what his leadership ability is.. What he has DONE.. The question is WHAT CAN HE DO?

The answer is.... Not much..

League minimum for Fisher is $1.4. We have $1.5 mil left in the mini-MLE...

I ask who is worth $1.5 mil, Derek Fisher or Leandro Barbosa.....

Barbosa is worth 2.5x that... Maybe more..

Nash will play between 25-30 MPG. Blake sucks and I'd hate for him to play 20 MPG.... But Fisher at 20MPG is by far much worse...

We are trying to win a damn title, not be sentimental...

I'm going to say if we get Fisher.. And don't win a championship... When we all go back and look at the reasons.. Fisher will be a big part of that

so when did the rule change why fisher can play for the lakers now/

There's some loophole, I didn't read into because I don't care, and I don't want Derek Fisher (not being hostile to you, I am pissed that they are thinking about bringing back Fisher)

We should just Bring Smush or Tierre Brown back. Fisher just needs to retire and become an assistant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom