Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like how the Jazz won all those titles...
Remember this is the Lakers not the Jazz.. Making the finals twice in 20+ years is not acceptable..
And let's not forget his star player got tired of him..
It's not being about a Mike Brown disciple or a Mike Brown hater.. It's being realistic...

And Mike Brown never even got a single win in the Finals. Jerry ran into one of the greatest teams and arguably the greatest coach, player of all time twice in the Finals. Those Finals were very close.

To my fellow NTers who also have TWC SportsNet, my guide is saying the game is blacked out on the regular channel, but it's showing on the deportes channel live. :rolleyes . Can anybody else with the channel confirm this :nerd:

Just compare their stats as coaches at this point of their careers in terms of years.

Brown never missed the playoffs.. Sloan twice in first 3 years.

Better win %... Better playoff %...

Ohhhhh he didn't win a game in the finals... OH NOEEEEEEZZZZZZZ... He was coaching against a HOF coach, with 3 Hall of Fame players... Then let's not act like Sloan had Malone & Stockton for a decade before they made the finals.

At the end of the day... Both have the same result in the finals... Losing...

I'll take a 42 year old guy ahead of a 70 year old... Who lost control of his last Star Player.

Sloan is a great coach... But he's not doing anything better than what Mike Brown would have done last year...

We can make all the talks about who is this and who is that... But through 6 seasons as a coach.. Mike Brown has a better career than Sloan.. It is INARGUABLE...Does he hold it up for 20 more years? Couldn't tell you.... But let's not act like Sloan got it done as a coach.

Last edited:
I called American Express up and got tickets through them. Couldn't find 2 seats together on the pre-sale or the general on-sale. PR8 is a nice section tho...
I'll be there opening night dolo in section 108
Might have to meet up fam and say wassup!

I do feel good about this team though... Obvious concerns about our backup PG & SF aside.

Nash - pick & roll... 3 Point Shooter.. Drive & Dish
Kobe - off ball movement & easy mid range buckets... Hopefully with Dwight back, Kobe will go back to staying on his man as opposed to playing roaming Center field.
Metta... Defense, defense, defense.. He looks like he's 25 in terms of his shape... If he can hit a couple wide open 3's a game, he's accomplished what we need on offense.
Pau - pick and roll offense... great passer.. Could run a great pick and roll between him & nash and when they collapse on Pau, which they have to, easy dish to Dwight for a throw down
Dwight - Defense, defense, defense. Unlike our last center he takes no plays off.. He is down the court as fast as Guards.. He is a rebounding machine, and he pushes the team out from easy baskets at the buck

Meeks - Solid shooter.. Decent defender.. I could see a lot of plays where the ball is swung around to him, and he jab steps around the defender
Jamison - great offensive player.. Corner 3's like it's nothing, and can still create his own shot
Hill - Energy guy.. He's our Turiaf but far more talented.. One of the better rebounders in the league.. If he comes in and plays balls to the wall, he will be worth double the money he's getting paid.

Johnson - Odom - One of the better shorter we have. Very fast. Great body control. Can get to the bucket.. He played SF at Marquette (he's 6'2". They really ****** with his draft stock not having him as 1 or 2).. I think Lakers need to help him develop his defense and his court vision and groom him as a PG.. In my honest opinion he has the potential to be the Backup Version of Russell Westbrook (not as good as Westbrook.. But if you tone down what Westbrook produces to backup standards/levels that's what DJO could be at his highest potential).

You know how I feel about others that are not mentioned (except Morris, Goudelock & Ebanks who I all like, but think DJO is already better).

Offense - A lot of movement. A lot of 4, 5, 6 pass possessions.. A lot of pick and rolls.
Defense - Not exactly but I envision Dwight pushing players out to 7 feet from the basket.. Pau pushing people behind the FT line. And Kobe - Metta - and Nash having to handle the perimeter. Our problem were easy baskets at the bucket and bad pick and roll Defense.. If we can keep teams out of the paint, and with Pau, Dwight it isn't that unrealistic, teams will constantly need to settle for Mid-Range to 3's. And that explicitly helps us against teams like the Heat & Thunder..

Last edited:
Expiring Contracts:

Dwight Howard - $19.536 mil (99.5% chance he resigns next offseason)

Metta World Peace - $7.258 ($7.727 ETO for next year.. Wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers convince him to exercise his ETO and offers him 2 year for $4mil each year, then option for a third year.. Just so they can save money, and hold onto the amnesty. I honestly think Metta wants to retire here, and he even said he thought he'd be gone this offseason, so he may accept that kind of deal.. I don't think he would lose out too much by taking the deal because no team is offering him above $3mil a year (and I feel that's a stretch).. Too much risk, and too much age for anything above that regardless of his defense.).

Chris Duhon - $3.5 mil ($3.75 mil partial non-guaranteed for next year.. If waived before June 30th, 2013.. He gets only $1.5mil.. Either he gets traded around the deadline (which is an ok chance for a team in need of PG depth and on the edge of playoff team), or waived at the end of the season.. Lakers will rather pay $3mil on him with tax than $7.5mil with luxury tax.)

Devin Ebanks - $1.054 mil ($1.317 RFA Qualifying offer)

Darius Morris - $962K ($1.202 RFA qualifying offer)

Antwan Jamison- $854K (I think he plays 1 more year in LA next year then ends his career in Charlotte)

Andrew Goudelock - $762K non guaranteed ($1.084 RFA qualifying offer)

DJO & Sacre are both $473K non guaranteed ($988K RFA qualifying offer)

There's something to work with come February in there... :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't see that happening. Let us not forget he already lost $5 million from the Malice at the Palace.

He could probably sign a short term contract in 2014.

Yeah, I don't see that happening. Let us not forget he already lost $5 million from the Malice at the Palace.
He could probably sign a short term contract in 2014.

I understand what you're saying.. But chances are he is getting amnestied after the season.. He even said he was looking to retire here, and if he was amnestied he may have retired.

Let's say he is amnestied and doesn't retire.. How much money will he honestly get.. $1mil, $2.5 mil at best. If he gets that much at all for 1, maybe 2 seasons.

If you're the Lakers, you will ask him where he wants to retired.. He will say LA. You say look, we want you back, but it won't be at $7mil for a year next year. If you accept that, we will amnesty you. Here's our counter offer.. 3 year - $10mil- 11 mil (give him the 3rd year option). He will have the bird option on him for LA. He makes what he would have anyway for the rest of his career, and extends his career maybe another year.

It makes sense, but at the same time it doesn't. So I understand why you think it won't happen.. But that's how they could try to sell him on it.

I mean, the corpse of Shane Battier signed a 3 year-$10 million deal last summer. Realistically, I don't see him getting that much in 2 years when he'll be 35,but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I mean, the corpse of Shane Battier signed a 3 year-$10 million deal last summer. Realistically, I don't see him getting that much in 2 years when he'll be 35,but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Battier is a clean cut guy. Had he had the mental ad disciplinary problems Metta has he'd be barely above the minimum

Anyone know how I can watch the first episode of Backstage Lakers?? I have Directv >:

Back
Top Bottom