Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why does Pau always do that face :lol:

PauGasol_screams_Game7Finalsgetty.jpg

We're gonna see a lot more of these next year :lol:

pau-gasol-scream.jpg

Do you guys think Rick Adelman would've been a better coach with this personel?

Do you guys think Rick Adelman would've been a better coach with this personel?

Many do. I don't.

Mike Brown was the best choice out of the serious candidates in my opinion.. Other name floated out there was Jerry Sloan, great coach, Hall of Famer, would not have put us any closer to a Championship than Brown would.

Last edited:
Many do. I don't.
Mike Brown was the best choice out of the serious candidates in my opinion.. Other name floated out there was Jerry Sloan, great coach, Hall of Famer, would not have put us any closer to a Championship than Brown would.
yeah ******g right.. you dont even believe that

I actually do. If the Last Season Thread is still around. I made my case against Sloan.

Adelman is much closer, and if he was the coach it'd be whatever. I'd still take Brown over him.

Just checked ticket price for the first couple games of the season

All i have to say is :x :smh:

There's nothing official yet.But all the news reports are saying that TWC is trying to charge other TV providers customers $3.95 a month.

"Sigh" I thought I was gonna come in here and read, they finally made a deal from reading your first line. Lol

Many do. I don't.

:lol:

I was early to diss Sloan when I saw that he was starting to lose it and not know what he was doing out there, but one of his kids could have coached better than Brown last year. :smh:

This year, I'm going to wait and see how Brown handles a much better roster, but if I see anything stupid, I'm callin it out and I don't give a flying **** who don't like it. Brown better be on point this year, no excuses, no nothing. He better be SOLID.

The Gift and The Cures.

Time Warner's deal allows us to be able to have a roster like the one we have. We need that money.

But at the same time, its taking away from our enjoyment of our own team... If we can't even watch our team, who cares who is on the team.
WE CANT SEE. So what does it matter. Kareem and Magic could come back and it wouldnt mean ****, we can't watch. So who cares. :smh:

Ok so i guess the simplicity of posting a YouTube video has changed. How do i post from my phone :rolleyes

Last edited:
Phil Jackson outlines Mike Brown's biggest challenge for Lakers

Phil Jackson has kept mostly a low profile during his post-retirement life. He's spent time at his lakeside home in Montana and Jackson has lived with his longtime companion, Lakers Executive Vice President Jeanie Buss, in Los Angeles. But as far as attending Lakers games and appearing in the public spotlight? He's mostly stayed out of it.

Jackson emerged from his meditative state, however, during a radio appearance Friday on ESPN Chicago's Waddle and Silvy. Naturally, he was peppered about the Lakers, most notably what will mark Mike Brown's biggest challenge in handling a star-studded roster featuring Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol and Metta World Peace.

"It’s finding a role that each player can move towards and be comfortable in," Jackson said. "I think that's how you want to feel. You want Steve to have the ability to have the ball with confidence that he is doing
the right thing and feeling like he can run the team and getting the ball to Kobe in critical situations is
important because that’s what his best role is standing out in the moments of crisis or the moments that
are critical. And the inclusion that you have to have to make Howard feel a part of it. So all those guys
have to find a little role. "

Jackson took particularly aim at how Pau Gasol will fit in Brown's revamped system that will include elements of the Princeton offense.

"Pau Gasol can fit any of those roles, so he doesn’t have any trouble fitting that role," Jackson said. "He’s not identified with just scoring, so he’ll be all right, whatever they try to run. I think that is going to be the key."

Jackson didn't mention World Peace, who has arrived in training camp in better shape and weighing 255 pounds, a steep drop-off from the 274 pounds he said he weighed last season.

Jackson also shared concerns on the Lakers' veteran-laden roster. Bryant (34), Nash (38), Gasol (32) and World Peace (32) could apply for the NBA's AARP card. Brown has touted the importance of limiting their minutes and fully utilizing the revamped bench that includes secondary scoring (Antawn Jamison) and three-point shooting (Jodie Meeks).

"They gotta watch the wear and tear that goes on because the end result is what counts," Jackson said. "It’s not the first 100 yards of the season so to speak."

But Jackson's interview mostly touched on how the Lakers would sort out the offensive dynamic. He seemed particularly intrigued the Lakers would run parts of the Princeton system since its ball movement, cutting and passing presents similarities to his triangle offense. Jackson believed Nash would be key in ensuring the system runs well.

"He is a guy that can kinda make it easier for Howard to be a player inside," Jackson said. "As Pau can move around in the post and move up to the high post and he can be an outside defender that can help out in a variety of screen-roll activities that maybe Howard might get himself in foul trouble having to defend all the time. So they’ll be able to do a lot of things with a more mobile and quicker Pau Gasol. This is a team that you have to find an offense that is going to work and include everybody because Kobe dominates the ball and Steve Nash dominates the ball.

"Then you’ve got player that need to get the ball in good spots to work for their offense. That’s Gasol obviously in a couple spots, low and high post. Howard really is a low post player, he needs that ball in the post."

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...for-lakers-20121005,0,6828515.story?track=rss

Link to the ESPN Chicago 1000 radio podcast:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=8465900

Mike Brown Presser Round Up

Published by Mike Trudell on October 5, 2012 2:47 pm in Mike Brown and Training Camp.
Here’s a smattering of what the head coach has been saying after the past two practices:

Q: On Metta World Peace:
Brown: He’s shooting the ball well, he’s handling the ball great, defensively he’s locked in. He’s night and day performance wise now than what he was at this point last year.

Q: On who has looked good among the reserves early in camp:
Brown: Jordan Hill is showing that he needs to be on the floor. He’s the one guy I can say besides my starters that is showing he really needs to be on the floor with his activity out there. Antawn (Jamison) is a pro, he’s going to get it done. He’s shown he can be on the floor. Besides that, you have Jodie Meeks, Devin Ebanks, Chris Duhon, Steve Blake; those are probably the next guys along with a few of the young guys.

Q: On Dwight Howard’s defense:
Brown: Dwight, defensively, does for us what Steve Nash does offensively for us. Nash makes the game easy for everybody on the offensive end of the floor. Dwight’s going to make the game easier for everybody on the defensive end of the floor, whether it’s in the pick-and-roll, coming from the weak side and help defense. His presence alone is going to (be huge).

Q: On Howard’s defensive capabilities to Anderson Varejao, whom Brown coached in Cleveland:
Brown: The athleticism is a lot different (between) the two guys, but you talk about the agility of a Dwight Howard and the agility of an Anderson Varejao. Both those are off the charts. Anderson doesn’t have great athleticism, but he’s extremely agile and he has great feet. And there aren’t too many people that have the feet that he does.

Q: On what Howard’s done in practice:
Brown: He’s done (pretty much) everything. I don’t have a rule where a guy has to play in x number of preseason games. He can still play in the opener (if ready).

Q: On seeing all the talent on the floor:
Brown: It’s exciting because, again, we do have a talented group of guys, but they’re good guys. Not only are they good guys, but they work hard and they want to win. So, in a short amount of time we’ve thrown a lot at them. We’ve been throwing all the stuff at them to see if they can pick it up, understand it, feel it, execute it is just a testament to how intelligent the group is overall.

Q: On Steve Blake’s first practice back from a foot injury:
Brown: He’s tough as nails. I don’t know if he’ll ever get out of shape. He only knows one way to play, which is hard. And he’s worked extremely hard on his game this summer. Watching him, you couldn’t tell this was his first practice. He’s worked extremely hard this summer on his game and it had shown. Right before he got hurt, he was playing some — not good basketball — great basketball.

Q: On what he’ll need from Blake this year:
Brown: We’ll need him to play hard and show some leadership. When he’s open, to knock down shots, when he feels like being aggressive, be aggressive and run the team. Just as important as that, he’s going to have to defend, and he’s going to have to defend at a high level, which is what he does very well.

Q: On if there’s more competition among 13th, 14th, 15th guys than last season:
Brown: Yeah, definitely. This is a deep roster and we feel good about the guys coming off the bench. It was a little tough from the standpoint of last year because we had a shortened training camp so couldn’t see everybody. Not only could you see everybody, but because the season started so all of a sudden, you had guys playing overseas that couldn’t get out of their deal, and because they couldn’t get out of their deal, they were standing and watching. By the time they were out of their deal, we had to move past them because we only had two preseason games and then the season was here. So it was a lot tougher last year, obviously.

Q: On Gasol’s passing, particularly as it could benefit Howard:
Brown: Obviously, Dwight can play. You don’t want to take anybody away from him, but to me, Pau is Steve Nash in the paint. He is probably a better passer than Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Pau is probably on the level of (Arvidas) Sabonis maybe. That touch pass he made to Dwight – Are you kidding me? Pau, to me, is a jack of all trades. If we need him to shoot jumpers, he can shoot jumpers. If we need him to take a guy off the dribble, he’ll take a guy off the dribble. If we need him to facilitate, he can facilitate. If he needs to rebound, he’ll rebound. To me, he’s a jack of all trades guy that can do it all. And most guys, when they do it all, they do a good job of doing it all or a solid job. But Pau, he’s great at everything.

Q: On Gasol’s role offensively this year:
Brown: He’s too good for me to be specific with him. But he just does so much, I don’t want to put a ceiling on him. Literally, Pau can play dribble hand off, he can be the giver or the receiver, he can play pick and roll, Pau can come off a jump shot and catch and shoot and make a play, he can come off a screen, Pau can set the screen. So I don’t want to put him a box just because he is so versatile. His role with us is going to be doing whatever he can to help us offensively.

Back
Top Bottom