Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I'm going to tell you this.. Take it with a grain of salt.... If he was considering firing him, he would never say because let's say in the end of the consideration, you keep him. Then you lessen the coach's morale, in turn screwing up player morale.

These are the same guys who said "We are not making any big moves"

Grain of Salt because he's not going to say "Yeah he's gone soon"

Last edited:
Since I had a paper pushed back a week.. I decided I'd post some rambling drivel. :rofl:
A typical rotation is 9-11 players.
We have 6 capable rotation players
Nash, Kobe, Meeks, Pau, Howard, Hill
Let’s save the posts about Meeks not getting Playing Time. I’m with you. So no need to bring up the complaint, we agree.
So we need 3-4 more players (Jamison is excluded until he gets his head out of his ***. Same with Metta.)
Leaves us with a hole at Backup PG, Starting SF, Backup SF, Backup PF
One of the problems with Jamison is the way we structured the rotation, and as many have suggest always keeping Pau or Howard out there, you can’t play him at the 4 where he needs to be. But the minutes are not there at the 4. For example Dwight & Pau will play 25 minutes together. Hill should get about 17 minutes per game. 10 with Howard. 7 with Pau. That is 25 + 25 + 10 +10 + 7 + 7 = 84 minutes of 96 minutes at the 4 & 5. And if Hill has to play with Pau or Howard that means he’s playing the PF position. 25 + 10 + 7 = 42 minutes.. That means there is only 6 minutes at PF for Jamison. The complaints about Jamison not at the 4 is very difficult based on our personnel and the way it works right now.

The only way to change this is to run an offense where Jamison & Hill play together.. OR you have to group two players together.. In my opinion Jamison/Howard.. Hill/Pau works best. Howard cancels out Jamison's horrid defense, and Jamison will have more room to work without Pau clogging it all up. Hill’s job is to crash the boards with Pau’s weakness…Same idea of movement for Pau with Hill as opposed to with Jamison. The groups do 12 minutes together. And you run 5 minutes of Hill & Jamison in the 2nd Quarter.
So we’ve got SG, PF & C all straightened out.
Our rotation is still 3 short. Backup PG, Starting SF & Backup SF
Nash will probably be out another week or 2. So for now it’s pretty much moot, unless we sign Delonte then you would be able to run something differently, but that isn't happening currently. The heads will roll mentality that seems very apt right now, means we should sign Delonte to tell every, play because I can find someone who will.
Ebanks has the equivalent of a no trade clause, as does Morris. They have to sign off on any trade, if they don’t want to go somewhere they can veto it. We didn't give it to them, it was automatic with the New CBA. For the way the contract was structured by extending him only 1 year.
The question is what do we fill. How. Do we try to light it up perfectly with our 2014 Dreams. Or trade away a lot of guys for a 1 year thing.
This is Metta’s last year with the Lakers, everyone knows it, my personal opinion is to go out now and get someone who can legitimately start this year and next. So I choose the SF position over Backup PG, just because there’s a much bigger hole here.
My honest opinion is to try to financially maneuver into getting Trevor Ariza (post 2341 talks about how to do it and the math of why the Wizards will trade Ariza this season.. Would involve signing Delonte, but to be honest. If we get Trevor and haven’t traded any of our top 7 rotation player, go out and sign anyone at PG.)
Now we have Artest, Ariza & Ebanks at SF. Perfectly fine the way it is. 20-20 split with Ebanks getting 8 mpg. Also amnestying Metta means that we are going to have Ariza play out his contract year as our starting SF next year. (By the way getting Ariza won’t happen for a couple months).. Short termsmeans that Metta gets 26 minutes. Ebanks gets 16 minutes. Jamison gets 6 (I know he sucks at the 3, I just can’t convince myself that either should get any more minutes than I just gave them)
Which leaves us with 1 hole. Backup PG. Sure Morris has his moments of “Hey. Not Bad.” But he has many “Oh Dear Jesus” Moments.
Nash is going to have to play 30 minutes a game. I wanted him to be at 25, but until we can make moves next offseason (where we’d have to fill 3 holes) we have no serious backup.
The smartest answer is to go out and get Delonte West at league minimum, and play him 20 minutes per game so Nash can be at the middle of the range we want, and backup PG is fixed. But that’s not going to happen. The market for PGs who are still left sucks.. Derek Fisher, I don’t want, unless he was like the 2nd Backup at a handful of minutes per game.. So unless we get Delonte, we’re going to have a hole to sure up SF, which in my opinion is more important to do now because Metta is 100% likely to be amnestied next offseason.
And without Metta we’d have an even bigger hole going into next season at SF with only Ebanks to fill it. This way if we have Ariza, we increase him to starter minutes and look for a couple veterans at SF & PF. Then use our mini-MLE on backup PG. Mitch & Jimmy already know it’s going to be another $90mil - $105mil payroll season. We’d be much lower, if the NBA wasn’t trying to punish the Lakers with the CBA and have all $ above the max number for a player of the current CBA exempt from luxury tax.

Geez you really have to type a whole essay in every reply?

"Kobe (Bryant) and I have a relationship where he can just look at me and say, 'Everything's cool,'" Buss said. "So yesterday during practice, I gave Kobe a quick glance, and everything was cool."

KobeStaresBrown.gif

:nerd:

At first I thought it was Mike Brown for sure, but when I was watching a replay of the game I noticed at least one other assistant coach with the same color jacket on so idk.

Maybe Jeanie gives him some of that good to convince him to come back again :lol:

probably busting his balls to come back as we speak. no pun

seriously how ******ed do you have to be to see nobody is knocking down shots off the bench and you have two likely shooters in meeks and duhon. i mean it wouldnt hurt to atleast try something new but no this ****** doesnt. i know duhon sucks but he did shoot his best in his career from 3 point last year

lol not to throw any salt but i love watching LA struggle because of how upset my laker groupie friends get :lol:
the chemistry just doesn't seem to be there. and i don't think its the type of thing that a couple of games is gonna fix either

Just read through the thread about free agents being turned away because MB said that he wouldn't adjust to fit them in. Hill, Barbosa, Martin, etc. :smh:

*changes lanes*

But I'm not going to join you guys in complaining about him every game, every
hour, or hardly ever. It is what it is... until it isn't.

Alright let's call it... He's gotta go

Dwight suggests Kobe temper frustrations

SALT LAKE CITY -- Kobe Bryant didn’t waste any time leaving the court after the Los Angeles Lakers lost 95-86 to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Bryant made a beeline to the locker room with a scowl on his face as the Lakers fell to 1-4 to start a season for the first time in his 17-year career.

Dwight Howard, meanwhile, was the last Lakers player to make his way through the tunnel, lingering on the court to hug a fan and toss each of his arm sleeves, as well as his uniform, into the crowd.

Bryant’s frustration was apparent long before his final exit: He got into it with referee Ed Malloy after being called for a charge in the second quarter; he punched the ball inbounds rather than passed it when there was less than a second left in the third quarter; and he was caught on camera staring down coach Mike Brown when he was sitting on the bench during a timeout in the waning moments of the fourth.

Howard said after the game the Lakers would be better off bottling up those negative emotions.

“I think sometimes as a team we got to be able to not really show our frustrations that much,” Howard said after L.A. fell to 1-12 with their preseason record included. “A lot of the guys look at me and Kobe and they feed off us, so we have to do a better job of keeping our frustrations on the inside and just playing through it so our teammates won’t get down on themselves. So, we just got to do a better job at that.

“I know [Kobe] was a little frustrated tonight. He wants to win just as bad as all of us do, but we just got to stay together, remember it’s a process, and stay focused.”

When asked about his frustration level after the game, Bryant deadpanned it was, “just a little bit.”

And what were the reasons that caused that frustration?

“None that I care to share,” Bryant said.

There was plenty of material from which to pick. The Lakers shot just 33.8 percent from the field as a team (and an even more troubling, only 17.4 percent from 3-point range). They had 19 turnovers leading to 19 points for the Jazz. And despite having a 46-18 advantage in free throws attempted, L.A. didn’t capitalize at the line, going just 32-of-46 (69.6 percent).

“I think we’re all frustrated,” said Brown. “I’m pretty frustrated, too, from the simple fact that I just didn’t think that we played the game like we talked about going into the game. We wanted to be the ones that hit first. We wanted to be the ones to play through their physicality, and I thought we didn’t.”

Brown added that the team did not do a good job moving onto the next play and giving maximum effort regardless when a call did not go their way. Howard was culpable of it, too. He apologized to his teammates for not getting back on defense while looking for a foul call after a collision with Utah’s Enes Kanter.

While several members of the team acknowledged the frustration that the Lakers’ first 1-4 start since 1993-94 has caused them, they continued to remain patient, for the most part.

“There’s no need for us to panic or put extra pressure on ourselves this early in the season,” Howard said. “We know that everybody expects great things out of us, but greatness takes time. Instead of us panicking, we have to just play through it, find ways to win our games, and we’ll find our niche. Right now we’re searching for it, but once we get it we’ll be fine.”

Lakers co-captain Pau Gasol, another player the team looks to as an emotional barometer, offered up the bigger picture.

“It’s not a good feeling to have such a good roster and as many good players as we have here and not be able to capitalize and transform that quality into wins,” Gasol said. “But I know and we know we’re going to get there sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.”

Bryant echoed Gasol’s statement, saying that “everything is correctable.” But he got out a final bit of frustration when a reporter asked if the Lakers were “worried” by the slow start.

“I’m terrified. Are you serious with that?” Bryant said. “I’m shaking in my Nikes.”

This team is going to fall apart

John Ireland interview on ESPN 710. Basically Ireland asked Antawn Jamison what the biggest struggles of the bench is. Jamison in one line just said, "we don't have an identity."

John Ireland interview on ESPN 710. Basically Ireland asked Antawn Jamison what the biggest struggles of the bench is. Jamison in one line just said, "we don't have an identity."

For some people that makes a difference.. Antawn Jamison is old enough to know better and start playing basketball..

I could see that being a problem for Ebanks, Morris who are young and haven't been around. But for someone who has been around since the late 90s, he has no excuse. He knows why he was brought in, and what is expected of him.

Welcome everybody. I've been expecting you....

I'm gonna guess the writing is on the wall now, questions is, who comes in and when? The longer we wait, the longer we have to deal with even more change, cuz that coach will need some time to get everyone adjusted to what they want to do, hence, more losses could occur. So if we wait til we're 3-9, we could be 5-15 or something stupid like that.

Quicker we do something, the better chance we have at getting right and going forward.

Killing Brown won't solve ALL of our problems, we will still have some, but it will at least reduce the horrible lineups, and the wear and tear on some guys. I assume a decent coach will know to keep 2 of the 4 on the floor at the same time, things like that. Put guys back in their spots, Jamison is a 4, Ron a 3, etc etc.

I think Hill's is misleading 5.4 & 5.8 in 14 minutes is good..

His FG% & FT% are down.. He just needs to get those in line with averages and he'd be at 6.7 & 5.8 in 14.6 mpg.. That's good to me

Per 36 minutes he's 13.3 & 14.3. Get his averages up on the offensive end which have dropped due to 3 bad shooting games, and it'd be all good. From a rebounding perspective per 36 minutes, he's just as good as the leagues best... Although he doesn't qualify because he doesn't play the required minutes per game he'd be #2 in Reb Percentage.

Last edited:
I'm gonna guess the writing is on the wall now, questions is, who comes in and when? The longer we wait, the longer we have to deal with even more change, cuz that coach will need some time to get everyone adjusted to what they want to do, hence, more losses could occur. So if we wait til we're 3-9, we could be 5-15 or something stupid like that.
Quicker we do something, the better chance we have at getting right and going forward.
Killing Brown won't solve ALL of our problems, we will still have some, but it will at least reduce the horrible lineups, and the wear and tear on some guys. I assume a decent coach will know to keep 2 of the 4 on the floor at the same time, things like that. Put guys back in their spots, Jamison is a 4, Ron a 3, etc etc.

I don't think it is all Brown.. To me it's been 50/50. My change has more so to do with the personalities of the team and it looking bad, and the idea that the longer you wait the harder it will be to change course..

I think Hill's is misleading 5.4 & 5.8 in 14 minutes is good..
His FG% & FT% are down.. He just needs to get those in line with averages and he'd be at 6.7 & 5.8 in 14.6 mpg.. That's good to me
When Hill is on the court, the Lakers are scoring 84.8 points per 100 possessions while giving up 121.7 points per 100 possessions on defense. When Hill is off the court, the Lakers are scoring 121.6 points per 100 possessions while giving up 95.5 points per 100 possessions on defense.

That's pretty awful. Not that I totally blame him for the drastic difference.

Last edited:
When Hill is on the court, the Lakers are scoring 84.8 points per 100 possessions while giving up 121.7 points per 100 possessions on defense. When Hill is off the court, the Lakers are scoring 121.6 points per 100 possessions while giving up 95.5 points per 100 possessions on defense.
That's pretty awful. Not that I totally blame him for the drastic difference.

That statistic is always mildly misleading... Especially for players who are not creators for other teams.

*Sees Ramon Sessions stats in the first three games*.. Looks at Steve Blake's... Yes Defensively Ramon is terrible.. But offensively :frown:

DAMN YOU STEVE BLAKE

Last edited:

I don't think it is all Brown.. To me it's been 50/50. My change has more so to do with the personalities of the team and it looking bad, and the idea that the longer you wait the harder it will be to change course..

Sees Jamison playing the 3

Sees Ron playing the 2

Sees Meeks not playing at all.

Sees rotation that makes no sense, ever.

Sees 1 starter with 4 backups to start quarters 2 and 4 for no reason.

Yeah, 50/50 seems right.

Back
Top Bottom