Delete

To be fair, the Rams actually have some good young players on the D-line.

I've noticed that the Niners struggle in the first half of the games then get it rolling in the second, and I have three theories for this.

A) Raye's conservative playcalling really stalling the momentum and flow of the offense.
B) Alex Smith's inability to read the defenses till the 2nd half when he's more comfortable.
C) OL can't call out protections, block, etc.

IMO, it's a mixture of all 3 of these.

I also think the O-line should be a priority, but a page back I listed a couple things that could help the line out.

The line we went into the season was a make-shift line ever since Marvel Smith retired and then Tony Pashos got hurt, that veteran leadership would haveCLEARLY helped the guys up front and help Smith call protection out there.

What I think I'm trying to say is, if we draft an OL with our 1st round pick ... it'll be really tough for a rookie OL to make an impact on this team.

That's why I like the later rounds when the gems in this draft can really be found.

If Spiller (who can return kicks, motion in the slot, run routes, carry the ball) is still on the board ... the things he'll do for our offense is ENDLESS.

With the next pick, I want Haden but if he gets swooped up then I see us going OL.

Round 2 is when we start looking at the line
smokin.gif

Like I said earlier, I hope Pashos is back because they need his leadership and would be cheap. The Niners are also hoping Boone is ready as well.

We'll see
pimp.gif

Just wanted to say that I would LOVE 49ers to get Cribbs but I would not give up more than a 3rd for him.

In the draft, there's a lot of options to trade up or down given the 2 picks the 49ers have. I would like Spiller if he is there and then can go BPA withthe second whether that's an OL or whatever player happens to slip. I do think the OL can be shored up through free agency but we'll see if theydecide to spend any money there.

Originally Posted by aastatic

Cribbs would be
pimp.gif
Unless we get him for cheap which isnt going to be the case, then I dont want him. Hes been in the league for a couple of years already and I dontsee him being an elite returner 2 or 3 years from now. Plus all hes going to do is be our return man since I dont think he would start over any of ourreceivers so would he really be worth it? We would be better off just getting a guy in the draft.

Yeah i understand that. We need an explosive returner and playmake. Spiller would be nice.

O-line is priority in my book. I would also like to pick up another reciever to help davis and crab. I don't have much faith in jmorgan.

I liked how the back up corners step it up. You would think with how good our D was we should have have more INT's.

I also notice how the niners struggle in the 1st half and then all of a sudden in the 2nd half start scoring. I think it was Raye's play calling. It seemas if they were using the same damn play 2-4 times a game. Some plays calling became predictable. I think this was due to the o line inexperience and they justwanted to make it simple for them with the powers and counters, maybe next year they'll add more plays.

Other than that, I do see the niners winning 10 games next year.

If Warner retires after this season, do you guys think we will be favorites to win the division?

We "Won" the division this year with a 5-1 record........We just suck on the road (2-6) and 6-2 at home.

We were also 7-5 against the NFC.......so the AFC is also the issue.

I say the priority at this time is QB (free agency or trade if possible) OL....CB.....Utility RB (the aforementioned spiller would be great)

The utility running back is my idea because we dont have anyone to spell Gore...........Robinson and coffey wasnt doing it this year, although Coffey might beokay next year with a year under his belt.

I would take bly back, he wasnt bad and i cant remember him getting burned like usual.

I like Haden at 13, hopefully McClain at 16.

If Warner retires we're easily the favorites in the West, but the Chragers, Broncos, Saints, and Eagles next year? We're already looking at 4 lossesbarring drastic O-Line improvement.

i could see haden maybe dipping but mcclain is probably top 10.

I think Spiller would be dope in a 9ers jersey tho, but then would they go ol or for secondary help with the other pick?

*assuming Spiller isnt picked before 13

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

If Warner retires after this season, do you guys think we will be favorites to win the division?

Yes

Lightweight Champion wrote:

If Warner retires we're easily the favorites in the West, but the Chragers, Broncos, Saints, and Eagles next year? We're already looking at 4 losses barring drastic O-Line improvement.
You are aware Dever choked down the stretch aganist the Cheifs and Raiders both at home.

As far as the Eagles a road game in similar conditions as this year wouldn't be easy but wouldn't be an automatic loss. Who would have thought we wouldhave had the chances to beat Vikings and the Colts.

laugh.gif
we'd probably be the favorite, but the Niners will find a way to screw it all up ... as usual.

With that said, Warner is not retiring this year.

Has Carrol to the Seahawks been confirmed? I'd love to see what he does with that roster since he'll most likely get complete control.

I don't know how many years I've heard "this could be the 49ers year.." I'm sick of it, I'm done with expectations on how many winsthis team will get, they just gotta come with it.

Alright. CBSsports is questioning whether or not McNabb is done in Philadelphia. Coming from one of the biggest Alex Smtih supporters on this site....we NEEDto make this happen.

Originally Posted by dland24

Alright. CBSsports is questioning whether or not McNabb is done in Philadelphia. Coming from one of the biggest Alex Smtih supporters on this site....we NEED to make this happen.
I'd s stick w/ Smitty

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Yes

Lightweight Champion wrote:

If Warner retires we're easily the favorites in the West, but the Chragers, Broncos, Saints, and Eagles next year? We're already looking at 4 losses barring drastic O-Line improvement.
You are aware Dever choked down the stretch aganist the Cheifs and Raiders both at home.

As far as the Eagles a road game in similar conditions as this year wouldn't be easy but wouldn't be an automatic loss. Who would have thought we would have had the chances to beat Vikings and the Colts.

agreed. lets not forget that the other teams in our division will have to play them too. also, i wouldn't count the niners out of gamesagainst the Eagles and Broncos. If I remember correctly, a few seasons ago the 49ers beat the broncos in Denver and spoiled their playoff hopes.

With VD's breakout season, A.Smith no longer looking like a popwarner QB, and a full season of Crabcakes, the niners offense might finally be able tofunction consistently and support that defense.

Honestly, for years I've traded for McNabb in Madden when i'd use the 9ers
laugh.gif

But ... iunno what they'd be looking for and I don't know how successful McNabb would be with the players we have.

I'd really love to see what the 9ers do in the draft.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

2010 opponents does not look that bad

Home: Oakland, Denver, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis and Philadelphia

Road: Green Bay, San Diego, Kansas City, Carolina, Atlanta, Arizona, Seattle and St. Louis.

the only games that look difficult are SD, NO, & GB
Word. 13-3, maybe better.
pimp.gif
antoekneeo I agree. I see 10-6, bold for the wins, italic-bold for most likely, italic for the maybes, and slashes for the loses. Of course, we all know that there will be surprises though.
grin.gif
/
mad.gif

looking forward to that GB game...there's just something about the Packers that brings out utter disgust from me.

LONDON (AP)-The San Francisco 49ers will play the Denver Broncos next season at Wembley Stadium, the fourth straight year the NFL will hold a regular-season game in London.

The 49ers will be listed as the home team for the Oct. 31 game.

More than 80,000 fans have attended each of the last three games in London. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell notes the "extraordinary passion that exists for NFL football in the UK."

The league adds that it is looking into the possibility of a second game in the United Kingdom in 2010.

Back
Top Bottom