Delete

I wouldn't be surprised if Baas or Pashos is back, Pashos has been mentoring Boone (PS) so he could probably get a shot next season.

Brooks has to be back, Aubrayo will be franchised and Sims has been awesome since filling in for Staley.

Isn't TKO a FA? Battle is done as a Niner, what a waste ... and Michael Robinson should bounce as well.

Trading both first rounders to move up and get Berry is crazy talk, have you guys not watched the season? We have way too many holes.

Plus there is a possibility of Haden still being on the board with a healthy NC22 and Haden across from him that is certainly an upgrade (Niners are keepinghim at CB).

A lot of people don't like Dashon, but he had a huge year for us and he's only gonna get better.

I'd like for us to get Haden then with the next pick try to get a playmaker: Cj Spiller comes to mind. An all purpose player that can return kicks and makesome damn plays.

With our second round that's where we can find some gems on the OL.

Should be interesting in which way the Niners go.

Last I read they're not gonna splurge in FA ... so let's see.

laugh.gif
@ sayin the Niners have an "easy" schedule, I'll never understand it.

I dont see what is not to like about Goldson, hes one of our best players on defense. And what about Walt Harris, is he coming back or is he gone?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Baas, Bly, Battle, Brooks, Clayton, Franklin, Hudson, Pashos, Roman, Sims, Willhelm

I want Brooks, Franklin, and Sims back.

Why not Bly?? I know he had that one bone-head play early on in the season, but to me he did okay afterwards.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Baas, Bly, Battle, Brooks, Clayton, Franklin, Hudson, Pashos, Roman, Sims, Willhelm

Why not Bly?? I know he had that one bone-head play early on in the season, but to me he did okay afterwards.

Because it's been reported that he's probably going to test the market, I'll take him back for the same amount we paid him this year.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Anybody else heard the rumor that we might cut Clements? Heard it from Gary Radnich.

I heard this as well I forget how much money he's owed but he has made it clear he doesn't want to switch over to saftey so who knows...

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Anybody else heard the rumor that we might cut Clements? Heard it from Gary Radnich.

I heard this as well I forget how much money he's owed but he has made it clear he doesn't want to switch over to saftey so who knows...

and sing has made it clear that he's not going to move him from cb..

Isn't NC22 guaranteed $6M?

Man, i'd love to have Dashon + NC22 playing FS/SS.
eek.gif
@ the hits you'd expect.

With Dre Bly, I don't buy that report .... how much value does he have on the market? We picked him up how many games into the season?

ST coach has been fired.

It's looking like Spiller could be off the board by our pick, unless a lot of teams reach for certain players ... how do you guys feell bout Tate / Gilyard/ McCluster?

Would we be open to getting Julius Peppers if he's available????? Well if hes not looking to get a super enormous contract (which he probably is). JP andJustin on both ends sounds good. Maybe im reaching

Eh, I'm straight with JP.

We got Lawson who is better in pass and we got Brooks who was 2nd on this team with sacks (he didn't really start playing till the 2nd half of the season).

We fix our secondary, we get younger with our LB core and we're good money.

With that said, 9ers really gotta scout better ... I'm still trying to figure out what they saw in Balmer
ohwell.gif

I really wanna see what Coffee could bring next year, tough runner but his ceiling doesn't look too high.

Also gotta hope that Mckillop and RJF work hard during the off-season to contribute to this team.

Wow, that guy copied your format NT23 ... kinda threw me off
smh.gif

Dude has been extra annoying, could it be ... 80JerryRice80?

Anyways, in a perfect off-season - these are some of my wishes:

-Alex Smith needs to be in the film room and study NFL defenses, gotta put in work. He deserves to get a full year, come with it.
-Heittman (C) needs to do a better job calling out the protection.
-Chilo and Baas had a very up and down season, work on their pass protection - did ok run blocking.
-Staley get healthy, but i'd love for Sims to stay at LT.
-Bring Pashos back and let's see what Boone can do.
-Gore gotta take care of himself.
-V.D and Crabby catch 1k balls / day. Them being top 10 in drops with VD at the top (or 2nd) isn't a good look
smh.gif

I don't see many things done during FA since we've already splurged on Demetric Evans and B. Jones last year
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Would we be open to getting Julius Peppers if he's available????? Well if hes not looking to get a super enormous contract (which he probably is). JP and Justin on both ends sounds good. Maybe im reaching

Don't get me wrong Peppers is a beast but this team has more important holes to fill than a DE.

1. O-Line
2. Secondary
3 ST/PR

I'd like Bly back as well

Any news on Walt Harris? If he's comes back as well that a lot mileage between him Bly and NC
sick.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I'd like for us to get Haden then with the next pick try to get a playmaker: Cj Spiller comes to mind. An all purpose player that can return kicks and make some damn plays.

Haden seens like a lock with our first pick. I'd rater go OT and get Trent Williams or Anthony Davis . Then in later rounds or FA go after a KR/PR. Itpains me to say that seeing the lack of production by Battle this year. BUT if we want to see good things out of Smith in 2010 he's going to need betterprotection.

[h2]http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/01/everest-out-as-49ers-special-teams-coach.html[/h2]
[h2]Everest out as 49ers special teams coach[/h2]
By Matt.Maiocco on January 5, 2010 6:09 PM 36 COMMENTS

The 49ers assistant coach who called for a reverse on a punt return apparently without coach Mike Singletary's blessing will not return to the coaching staff in 2010, a club source told The Press Democrat.

Special-teams coordinator Al Everest, who did not have a contract for 2010, has been told his contract will not be renewed. Everest has coached 13 seasons in the NFL, the past three with the 49ers.

AlEverest.jpg
The 49ers struggled this season in the return game, ranking 32[sup]nd[/sup] in the league in punt returns and 23[sup]rd[/sup] on kickoff returns.

The most notorious play of the season came Dec. 6 in Seattle when Arnaz Battle and Brandon Jones fumbled a reverse on a punt return in 35-degree weather. The 49ers were dominating the game up to that point, but the turnover led to a quick Seattle touchdown. Singletary and Everest were seen on the sideline having an animated discussion about the play.

The 49ers went on to sustain a 20-17 loss that all but knocked the team out of the NFC playoff picture.

I'm happy to see him go, time for an upgrade. Bobby April from the bills maybe?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Because it's been reported that he's probably going to test the market, I'll take him back for the same amount we paid him this year.
No doubt, thanks for the update on that bit of news.

Do you guys think Haden will be there when the Niners pick? Where would he even fit really since it doesn't look like Clements is going anywhere and Ithink Spencer did a great job this season. The team is also high on Terrell Brown.

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Originally Posted by aastatic

Imo o-line should be our top priorty.

they looked like they finnaly started to open holes towards the end of the season
Yeah but we also played the Lions and the Rams and had a tough time blocking for Alex against the rams.

Back
Top Bottom