delete

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

^^ werd

your crazy if you didnt think bruce was better than jet li, jacky chan etc.
he was a real martial artist.
So are Jet Li and Jackie Chan.
jet li and jackie chan do not possess the skills of bruce lee. jet li did wushu. jackie? c'mon. I love both of em but they are not touchin bruce. Lee had created his own style of martial art. wrote the tao of jeet kune do, had the body,skills and swag etc etc
you just sound ignorant... because if you knew anything about jackie chan, you would know he was a %$@%!%# BEAST back in his day.

NT is so damn ignorant
laugh.gif
smh.gif

jackie chan isnt a REAL martial artist? he doesnt possess the skills of bruce lee? sure he may not have jeet kune do (obviously) and bruce is obviouslyfaster... but dudes are so quick to down anyone who isnt bruce lee.

dudes need to wake the $@%% up and stop playing "favorites", sounding like some little kids defending their super hero.

and then positing video game videos? and bruces 1 inch punch video? do you really think tyson cant knock someone the $@%% out from 1 inch away?

i have already said that bruce lee is one of my childhood heros (next to ali and MJ), but its clear that a lot of you dudes dont think realistically.

I'm a big Tyson fan, so I'm going to have to say...

... Bruce would mirk. You've got to be ignorant or... no, just ignorant... if you think that an experienced martial artist is losing to a street fighter. Idon't care if it is one of the most powerful street fighters to ever come off the streets. I don't care. He loses to someone extremely skilled inmartial arts, EVERY time.
hella handsome:
NT is people are so damn ignorant
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Fixed.
hella handsome:
its clear that a lot of you dudes dont think realistically.
Yes.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

... Bruce would mirk. You've got to be ignorant or... no, just ignorant... if you think that an experienced martial artist is losing to a street fighter. I don't care if it is one of the most powerful street fighters to ever come off the streets. I don't care. He loses to someone extremely skilled in martial arts, EVERY time.
hella handsome:
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Fixed.
hella handsome:
Yes.

As someone who has a fair deal of knowledge/experience with MMA, reading this thread is like banging my head against a wall.

1. Bruce Lee's fighting styles are not ideal for real-world fights. Anderson Silva would destroy him.Hell, give me any top UFC fighter skilled in BJJ andMuy Thai and he'd destroy Lee. Easily.

2. On size and strength and the fact that he was, for a short period of time, THE BEST HEAVYWEIGHT BOXER THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN, Tyson would massacre Lee.Absolutely destroy him. Bruce Lee isn't an action movie hero, he's not Jet Li or Jackie Chan, this isn't Rush Hour 4. Stop talking about hissupposed speed as if Tyson couldn't lay a hand on him. Tyson was extremely quick for his size. If the fight was a stand up, Tyson's superior reach andpower and the fact that he's one of the best punchers in any combat sport would give him a clear advanage. If the fight went to the ground, he's haveno problem dominating Lee because of his outrageous weight and strength advantage.

I don't think many of you have real experience with fighting or mixed martial arts. Which isn't a bad thing, but you clearly don't understand howathletic and powerful boxers are and how much size and weight plays into a fight. There's a reason fighters are strictly separated by weight class.

Also, you guys are buying so much into the mystique/BS around Lee. It's pathetic. The guy was not even CLOSE to being the "strongest guy for hisheight/weight." Get real, that's garbage. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I read a book about his life that included some of weighttraining he did. It focused heavily on arms and abs, not exactly ideal. And the amount he lifted was not that impressive. It seemed like he was very fit, andhis body fat percentage was super low, making him look ripped, but he was far from superman in the strength department.

He beat some OK boxers in a tournament, beat up a couple bums on the set of his movies, and talked himself up. And you guys think he's the "greatestfighter ever" and all this nonsense. You have absolutely no evidence of this being true.

Bruce Lee is too witty in terms of fighting....in the movies..... but in real life.. Tyson will prevail.

... Bruce would mirk. You've got to be ignorant or... no, just ignorant... if you think that an experienced martial artist is losing to a street fighter. I don't care if it is one of the most powerful street fighters to ever come off the streets. I don't care. He loses to someone extremely skilled in martial arts, EVERY time.
hella handsome:
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Fixed.
hella handsome:
Yes.
The only ignorance being displayed is thinking one of the greatest heavyweight boxers to ever step into a ring was merely a street fighter. TysonWAS a streetfighter.... Then he met D'Amato.

But regardless, I would be willing to bet that a 150 lb "extemely skilled, experienced martial artist" couldn't beat Kimbo Slice "everytime". Do you watch MMA? "Martial artists" lose to boxers, wrestlers, and "brawlers" on any given night. Knowledge of martial artsdoes not make you invincible. This nonsense has to stop. Just FYI, the people in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" weren't really flying. Sorry todisappoint.

You know who is ignorant about the skills Bruce Lee possessed to win in a real fight? EVERYONE. Because there is no evidence. Anywhere. If you have some,please provide it. Actually sell it, because it would be the first time evidence on Lee would have surfaced and you should get your money for that piece offootage.

Tyson, on the other hand has plenty of evidence to validate the usefulness of his skillset in a combat situation. Boxing probably the most practical martialart there is. You are taught to perfect your balance, to protect yourself, and to hit without getting hit. To say that boxing is sub-par because it does notinvolve legs is an invalid argument, because not all martial arts involve the use of legs. And even Bruce Lee knew that each martial art had it'slimitations and he even stated that the skill set in Jeet Kun Do was not finite. Lee himself believed that each martial art had limited practical application.So you are contradicting the very man you are touting my generally saying that any "extremely skilled" martial artist could take out any streetfighter "EVERY" time.

And in fighting, there are no "EVERY time" guarantees. And it's been said before, but I'll say it again: MMA competitions have weight classesfor a reason. Check out the average bodyguard or bouncer. Are big strong dudes or highly skilled martial artists?

^ I'm still waiting for footage of Lee demonstrating his skill on a target that attempts to dodge and hit back... in a non-choreographed fight. I don'tthink anyone is disputing Lee's status as an athletic freak, but as someone who was unbeatable in a fight. And not just unbeatable, but untouchable.Because to admit Tyson could touch him is to admit Tyson could knock him out. But I guess technically if Lee never fought, he could never lose.

My thing about martial arts is that, at least to my knowledge, it's not just limited to learning about fighting, but also about human anatomy, learningstrong and weak parts of the body. It equips it's students with a more thorough library of knowledge.
TraSoul82:
Check out the average bodyguard or bouncer. Are big strong dudes or highly skilled martial artists?
Surely you'll acknowledge that intimidation is definitely a part of security.
TraSoul82:
Just FYI, the people in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" weren't really flying. Sorry to disappoint.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
That got a chuckle out of me.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

hella handsome:
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Fixed.
hella handsome:
Yes.
The only ignorance being displayed is thinking one of the greatest heavyweight boxers to ever step into a ring was merely a street fighter. Tyson WAS a streetfighter.... Then he met D'Amato.

But regardless, I would be willing to bet that a 150 lb "extemely skilled, experienced martial artist" couldn't beat Kimbo Slice "every time". Do you watch MMA? "Martial artists" lose to boxers, wrestlers, and "brawlers" on any given night. Knowledge of martial arts does not make you invincible. This nonsense has to stop. Just FYI, the people in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" weren't really flying. Sorry to disappoint.

You know who is ignorant about the skills Bruce Lee possessed to win in a real fight? EVERYONE. Because there is no evidence. Anywhere. If you have some, please provide it. Actually sell it, because it would be the first time evidence on Lee would have surfaced and you should get your money for that piece of footage.

Tyson, on the other hand has plenty of evidence to validate the usefulness of his skillset in a combat situation. Boxing probably the most practical martial art there is. You are taught to perfect your balance, to protect yourself, and to hit without getting hit. To say that boxing is sub-par because it does not involve legs is an invalid argument, because not all martial arts involve the use of legs. And even Bruce Lee knew that each martial art had it's limitations and he even stated that the skill set in Jeet Kun Do was not finite. Lee himself believed that each martial art had limited practical application. So you are contradicting the very man you are touting my generally saying that any "extremely skilled" martial artist could take out any street fighter "EVERY" time.

And in fighting, there are no "EVERY time" guarantees. And it's been said before, but I'll say it again: MMA competitions have weight classes for a reason. Check out the average bodyguard or bouncer. Are big strong dudes or highly skilled martial artists?

finally someone with sense...unlike the rest of you clowns

Bruce will hand tyson his *##. Bruce was probably 5 times faster than iron mike. Martial arts vs. boxing ......come on mannn!

Originally Posted by EdZ OnE

am I hearing this right?

Bruce would def murk tyson.

http://www.youtube.com/v/GTYeNAVow4k&rel=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/GTYeNAVow4k&rel=1http://www.youtube.com/v/GTYeNAVow4k&rel=1

Bruce is the GOAT
Okay, how many people do you know would actually volunteer to get hit in the chest by Mike, even from an inch away? It's ok, I'll wait.
The only footage you guys have seen of Bruce Lee fighting is in Hollywood movies, with special effects and stunts etc. So I think its a safe bet to say thathis skills were exaggerated in films.
But there was no exaggerating Mike's skill. Like I said before, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt, Bruce Lee would be left conscious, let alone standing after 1hit from Mike Tyson.

Originally Posted by The Great Hibachi

Originally Posted by rickybadman

You fools are trippin, Mike would knock out Lee with the stuff he used to hit Robin Givens with.

Bruce Lee killed Chuck Norris fam. CHUCK UFFIN' NORRIS. You know who the @$*% you dealin' with youngin'?

laugh.gif

The only footage you guys have seen of Bruce Lee fighting is in Hollywood movies, with special effects and stunts etc. So I think its a safe bet to say that his skills were exaggerated in films.

You know they actually Slowed down his footage so that you could see his punches and kicks right? Therewas an article I read awhile back where it was basically the leader of dojos fighting other leaders to own the losing dojo (or to advance above) and brucewould obliterate every opposition, even killing some of the masters of the other ones. Of course this is way back and there is no video of it (although theevents are true where dojos had to defend its honors) so you guys can use this as an excuse that where there is no video proof the events never happened.

There was even video of some guy (cant find the video) where he could karate chop a glass coca bottle in half form left to right. or vice versa. This same guywas said to have fought and killed like a hundred bulls by using the same technique to chop their horns off in an animal vs humans cage match type battle

Back
Top Bottom