December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

43A77101-58D8-4614-8ED1-C4DFC0A99FF7.jpeg

D deleted
T0INE T0INE

🥸

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
danger style danger style
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

SuperBrawl 6

Falls Count Anywhere Tag Team Match
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
This isn’t wrestling, this was just that stupid ECW Garbage nonsense. Nothing to say. I will never have anything to say about these two teams wrestling eachother on THIS level. Easy pass.

WCW World Television Title Match
Johnny B. Badd (w/Kimberly) (c) vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Eventhough We have seen this dance many times before but These two consistently put on good matches. DDP was so good with his timing as a hell. Cutting off comebacks was something he excelled at. Kimberly looking good as usual. Solid match here.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray)
What The Road Warriors did made sense here since they had been hyping up Sting/Luger vs. Road Warriors for about 2 weeks. Solid match for the time they were in the ring and hopefully we can see more of this matchup down the road. Harlem Heat controlled things here and were looking to get the W, but the interference happened. Not even mad at it.

WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match
Konnan (c) vs. The One Man Gang
Konnan just “wants to get his stuff in.” The logic in his moveset generally doesn’t make much sense and he showed that here. Then again, he is still in this stage where he was trying to get the fans to care about him.

I Respect You Strap Match
Brian Pillman vs. Kevin Sullivan (w/Jimmy Hart)
I respect you booker man. We have read/listened to stories about this for decades. Pillman understands and respects Kayfabe. We need more like him in 2020.

Arn Anderson vs. Kevin Sullivan (w/Jimmy Hart)
Once again, AA had to come in and clean up the mess Pillman made. I was laughing when Heenan said AA never changed his clothes from when they went golfing earlier. Him not changing his clothes made the idea of it being impromptu more believable. I liked FLair coming down and reminding folks what they main goal was, To destroy Hulkamania.

Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk)
I was hoping for an actual finish here but I guess it was too early to give either one of these teams a loss.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Steel Cage Match
Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) (c) vs. Ric Flair (w/Woman)
God Bless Macho Man, his woman wanted to ride on Space Mountain. That probably hurt more than losing the match. Again, we have seen these two many times before so no point in discussing the in-ring. Those woman screams were killing me man.

Steel Cage Match
Hulk Hogan vs. The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart & Kevin Sullivan)
I legit rolled my eyes while Hogan was HUlking Up. It was wild as hell we were still given that garbage in 1996. Hogan was corny as hell man. Sick of dude man.

Sidenote: Giant’s promo early in the card was ridiculous man. GO back and watch it if you can.

The PPV is OK at BEST. It felt long and I was tapped out after the final tag-match.

Super brawl 6

1. Was there ever an explanation to this storyline? Why do these two teams hate each other so much? Had they crossed paths in ECW previously?

2. Konnan Segment: When did he win the US Title?

3. DDP vs. Johnny B. Badd: Why are they still feuding? They already had a great match like two PPV’s ago. Johnny got the girl already. What’s the point? On top of it Johnny won again.

4. Who the **** was the Loch Ness Monster?
1. Yes/No. Heenan mentioned, "These two teams have been fighting up and down the east coast." So it was somewhat explained.

2.. It was mentioned on Nitro the previous week.

3. I felt the same way. Why are these dudes fighting again.

4. Loch Ness:
Giant Haystacks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Haystacks ( green rhino123 green rhino123 )

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

SuperBrawl 6

Falls Count Anywhere Tag Team Match
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
This isn’t wrestling, this was just that stupid ECW Garbage nonsense. Nothing to say. I will never have anything to say about these two teams wrestling eachother on THIS level. Easy pass.

WCW World Television Title Match
Johnny B. Badd (w/Kimberly) (c) vs. Diamond Dallas Page
Eventhough We have seen this dance many times before but These two consistently put on good matches. DDP was so good with his timing as a hell. Cutting off comebacks was something he excelled at. Kimberly looking good as usual. Solid match here.

Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray)
What The Road Warriors did made sense here since they had been hyping up Sting/Luger vs. Road Warriors for about 2 weeks. Solid match for the time they were in the ring and hopefully we can see more of this matchup down the road. Harlem Heat controlled things here and were looking to get the W, but the interference happened. Not even mad at it.

WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match
Konnan (c) vs. The One Man Gang
Konnan just “wants to get his stuff in.” The logic in his moveset generally doesn’t make much sense and he showed that here. Then again, he is still in this stage where he was trying to get the fans to care about him.

Brian Pillman vs. Kevin Sullivan (w/Jimmy Hart)
I respect you booker man. We have read/listened to stories about this for decades. Pillman understands and respects Kayfabe. We need more like him in 2020.

Arn Anderson vs. Kevin Sullivan (w/Jimmy Hart)
Once again, AA had to come in and clean up the mess Pillman made. I was laughing when Heenan said AA never changed his clothes from when they went golfing earlier. Him not changing his clothes made the idea of it being impromptu more believable. I liked FLair coming down and reminding folks what they main goal was, To destroy Hulkamania.

Lex Luger & Sting (c) vs. The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal & Road Warrior Hawk)
I was hoping for an actual finish here but I guess it was too early to give either one of these teams a loss.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Steel Cage Match
Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) (c) vs. Ric Flair (w/Woman)
God Bless Macho Man, his woman wanted to ride on Space Mountain. That probably hurt more than losing the match. Again, we have seen these two many times before so no point in discussing the in-ring. Those woman screams were killing me man.

Steel Cage Match
Hulk Hogan vs. The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart & Kevin Sullivan)
I legit rolled my eyes while Hogan was HUlking Up. It was wild as hell we were still given that garbage in 1996. Hogan was corny as hell man. Sick of dude man.

Sidenote: Giant’s promo early in the card was ridiculous man. GO back and watch it if you can.

The PPV is OK at BEST. It felt long and I was tapped out after the final tag-match.

This PPV was around the time I really started watching wrestling on a weekly basis. This Savage? Flair match is my personal favorite in the rivalry. Lot of up and downs on the ppv but I enjoyed it OVERALL.

1. Yes/No. Heenan mentioned, "These two teams have been fighting up and down the east coast." So it was somewhat explained.

2.. It was mentioned on Nitro the previous week.

3. I felt the same way. Why are these dudes fighting again.

4. Loch Ness:
Giant Haystacks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Haystacks ( green rhino123 green rhino123 )
Was that a made up story line or were they actually going at it in ECW and other house shows?
Eye see what you mean about Konnan. What I’ve seen so far from him just looks like a bunch of moves, no real rhythm to his matches and low ring IQ.

Back
Top Bottom