December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

tumblr_o3c4seVoiq1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

I see what you're saying but he's disqualified imo cuz he failed on the biggest stage in the biggest company. Lower pay per view buyrates, less merch sold, lower ratings under his push and watch. Just because you're story is important doesn't mean you're a HOFer. He had no excuses and ultimately the went back to what worked before.

That might disqualify him from being in the conversation of GOAT, but HOF? Not everyone in the HOF is gonna have stats better than his, if we’re being honest.

Ok this is from Regis and Kathy Lee early 90s and I got this from YouTube. The Undertaker and Ric Flair were beating up Hogan, but Flair has the WCW World title in his hand.
When the hell did the Undertaker have anything to do with WCW?

AE2C6453-8F5A-49BF-9B91-DB23B4978B57.jpeg

Ok this is from Regis and Kathy Lee early 90s and I got this from YouTube. The Undertaker and Ric Flair were beating up Hogan, but Flair has the WCW World title in his hand.
When the hell did the Undertaker have anything to do with WCW?

AE2C6453-8F5A-49BF-9B91-DB23B4978B57.jpeg

WCW fired Flair as a re-negotition tactic, so Flair went to WWF and brought the title to spite them

True but I always gave Sting the WCW pass(lack of coherent leadership, no main event draws except for like 3 guys, and Dusty post 86 as a whole)

Opinion? Brother Hate Case Case

Opinions on what?..Sting in the HOF?..It's a no brainer..Dude was the face of the #2 (and for a brief time #1 company) in the entire industry..He sold crap ton of merch, headlined countless PPV's, had some legendary feuds, Had an over 20 yr career, wrestled all around the world against legends, is himself a legend, every person who worked with him give him nothing but the highest praise, and he's responsible for "Sting Money"..What more can you ask for?..Warrior isn't even remotely close to Sting in the story of wrestling..Warrior had a super hot 2 yrs and couldn't keep from fumbling the ball when it was handed to him..Sting was always there to be the 1 constant in NWA/WCW..Signed with TNA and did some of his best work there( I know y'all hate on TNA, as do I, but Sting was putting in really good work there and having fun feuds and matches)..And I would put the "Sting" character right behind Undertaker in terms of recognition amongst wrestling fans..

Opinions on what?..Sting in the HOF?..It's a no brainer..Dude was the face of the #2 (and for a brief time #1 company) in the entire industry..He sold crap ton of merch, headlined countless PPV's, had some legendary feuds, Had an over 20 yr career, wrestled all around the world against legends, is himself a legend, every person who worked with him give him nothing but the highest praise, and he's responsible for "Sting Money"..What more can you ask for?..Warrior isn't even remotely close to Sting in the story of wrestling..Warrior had a super hot 2 yrs and couldn't keep from fumbling the ball when it was handed to him..Sting was always there to be the 1 constant in NWA/WCW..Signed with TNA and did some of his best work there( I know y'all hate on TNA, as do I, but Sting was putting in really good work there and having fun feuds and matches)..And I would put the "Sting" character right behind Undertaker in terms of recognition amongst wrestling fans..

Warrior as a HOFer

Agreed brother All Hate

I'd put some of the guys we make fun of for being in WWE's Hall ahead of Warrior in terms of eligibility..Cause at least most of those guys (Rikishi, Koko, etc) have longevity on their side..All warrior has is being IC and WHC..And he didn't do either of those very well..Especially being WHC..He had terrible matches, didn't draw that well, and was a backstage nightmare..There's plenty of dudes who had 1 run with the belt that'd deserve to be in before him..

Case Case

Never got your opinion on Kenny Omega being named a WON HOFER.

THOUGHTS?

He don't deserve it..He's been wrestling for 20 yrs and out of all that he had about a very good 3 yr run..He had runs with sever different NJPW belts and none of his title reigns were really worth mentioning..I'd argue that when he won the WHC that the prestige of the title went down..And I don't think that's a hot take by any means..I'd say most people that are fair would say the same..Not saying, by any means, that he's terrible but he's not that great either..He has decent psychology in the ring, but dude doesn't know how to tell a good story or sell at all..He piggybacked (like Cody did) off of the Young Bucks and turned that into being a founder/owner/EVP of AEW but was booked like a flaming turd ever since the first show..You don't do that to a person that is "The Best Bout Machine"..You don't give your World title to an out of shape, past his prime Jericho if you're that damn good..Kenny can't cut a promo and other than his entrances has pretty much no personality..So other than being in the biz 20 yrs and having a couple decent at best title runs in Japan, what has he done to deserve to be a Hall Of Fame wrestler?..You can 100% tell the story of pro wrestling and never mention Kenny Omega..

Back
Top Bottom