December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Older fans or serious fans say that Hulk Hogan got his style off Superstar Billy Graham. I really don't know because Graham was active in a bygone era preceding Hogan.

I can only identify Hogan since I saw him a lot during the apex of WWF and him.

Hogan has said it himself many times. He gives Superstar his due respect.

Now Zelina can make all the money she wants on Twitch.
They can have her do anything Alexa does. Pretty much the exact same character. I don’t get her being let go.
I expect another round of mass layoffs next year as the feds crack down on Vince

There's plenty of WWE folks doing stuff outside of wrestling. Not like Twitch and Only Fans or whatever is your only options.

Zelena obviously felt that she could make a comfortable enough living doing Twitch and wrestling somewhere else, which is good for her. Probably not going to be the case for most others though.

Rikishi done went through some gimmick changes during '90s WWF! At least it resulted in a WWE Hall Of Fame slot. 😆👍

I remember him starting out with the Headshrinkers in the early '90s. Cool island savage gimmick though. 👍
Fatu1.jpg
Fatu2.jpg

It went to 💩 when he transitioned from a savage who didn't talk to an urban guy wearing colorful baggy clothes trying to "Make A Difference" in the mid-'90s. 🙄👎🗑🚽
Anyone recall the 2 Samoan street dudes in suits who always came out in the audience to watch his matches and persuade him to join? It also caused him to lose matches being distracted by them. I think they were later known as The Samoan Gangster Party in ECW in 1996.
Fatu3.jpg
Fatu4.jpg
Fatu6.jpg

Perhaps it went to bigger 💩 when he became The Sultan in the late '90s, a mute heel managed by Bob Backlund & The Iron Sheik. 😆🙄👎🗑🚽
Sultan1.jpg
Sultan2.jpg
Sultan3.jpg
Sultan4.jpg

Which one was worse to y'all? Inner City Fatu in 1996 or The Sultan in 1997? Please be real about it.

I can't believe this man reached the apex of his career when he became Rikishi in 1999! He was over despite not being talkative. All he did was dye his hair and dress up like a bootleg sumo wrestler exposing his butt that should have had "WIDE LOAD" written across it! He lasted until the 2000s and now makes sporadic appearances in WWE as Rikishi. 😆🤮👍
Rikishi1.jpg

It was awesome how his journey went from a cool start, to 💩 show with 2 stupid a%$ gimmicks, then the apex of his career.

Good convo for women's wrestling historians that understand the world didn't start/end with Sasha Banks

This is a special episode of the Fight Game Podcast. Justin Knipper takes the reigns to talk with Fumi Saito and Debbie Malenko about her career and comeback.

‎The Fight Game Podcast: Fumi Saito and Debbie Malenko Talk About Debbie's Career And Her Comeback on Apple Podcasts https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...t-debbies-career/id1243851021?i=1000498013795

Back
Top Bottom