DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

i gotta ask how?

I know I've asked this numerous times (to no response yet), but considering the film is set way back when.. and from BvS we know wonder woman basically gave up on men for almost a 100 years (her words)

other than gal proving most people wrong in BvS.. practically speaking, why should we be that excited for a WW movie?

this isn't like cap where he was a popsicle for all those years.. how do they justify WW walking away for all that time and especially not doing shhh during MOS which could have ended things for her people too.. I mean unless we just ignore that aspect of things
Well it could be due to the vast amount of death in World War 1 that caused her to walk away from humanity. She eluded to that at the end of BVS. And to be fair the events of MOS took place 18 months earlier. She could have still been on Themiscra during that time. All that happended during the course of 1 day.  

Last edited:

Well it could be due to the vast amount of death in World War 1 that caused her to walk away from humanity. She eluded to that at the end of BVS. And to be fair the events of MOS took place 18 months earlier. She could have still been on Themiscra during that time. All that happended during the course of 1 day.  
using this reasoning.. witnessing death is the thing that causes her to walk away, then someone who could have CLEARLY had a significant impact on preventing that thing just does nothing for all that time?

there was a whole nother world war during that period.. and a TON of other crap (we are talking almost a damn century)..

and the events of MOS obviously would have had a tremendous impact on themyscira (which is located on earth.. the planet zod and co were attacking)

using this reasoning.. witnessing death is the thing that causes her to walk away, then someone who could have CLEARLY had a significant impact on preventing that thing just does nothing for all that time?

there was a whole nother world war during that period.. and a TON of other crap (we are talking almost a damn century)..

and the events of MOS obviously would have had a tremendous impact on themyscira (which is located on earth.. the planet zod and co were attacking)

Isn't a basic part of WW's origin that Themyscira decides to close itself off from the rest of Earth? Why do you keep bringing this up like its sometbing wild and out of nowhere? It could've been something that the leaders (not Diana) decided after a major war with man or some sort of betrayal. There's a ton of directions you can go in for this.

While Zod was attacking, the Amazons could've easily been gearing up for war if necessary. Same with the people of Atlantis. But it wasn't necessary. The battle wasn't long at all.

Since it was a threat that had them ready for war, it might cause Diana to want to investigate Earth or Metropolis to see whatsup. All seems logical to me.

Last edited:
Isn't a basic part of WW's origin that Themyscira decides to close itself off from the rest of Earth? Why do you keep bringing this up like its sometbing wild and out of nowhere? It could've been something that the leaders (not Diana) decided after a major war with man or some sort of betrayal. There's a ton of directions you can go in for this.

While Zod was attacking, the Amazons could've easily been gearing up for war if necessary. Same with the people of Atlantis. But it wasn't necessary. The battle wasn't long at all.
you're right (I think).. and then they decide to send WW as a sort of ambassador to earth to protect it (if I remember correctly)

obviously that was done during or before the events of the upcoming solo film.. and she's still on earth during BvS.. so it was a personal decisions and not one of the amazonians

I look at it as a similar hole as the one dug by having doomsday be a result of mixing human DNA with kryptonian or the warning of mixing kryptonian DNA with any other life forms DNA.. now what am I to think whenever I see clark date someone

and as far as the zod attacks, we have the warning that went out to everyone.. the whole peace talks in the desert.. supes turning himself in.. the whole scene on the ship.. the fight on earth.. then them attacking earth with the machines.. and then the end battle

wasn't THAT short

I get staying out of the political affairs of men and all that.. but this is a different story, their world could have been gone

and I've already said, my opinion is that the events of MOS should have been the triggering events for WW and aquaman.. the events should have triggered to both individuals and their societies that they can no longer stay out of the events of men as there are larger ramifications for everyone but that is out of the window for WW because we know she was there way back when and involved to some degree

Last edited:
Eh, you can ask why the green pantern corps and flash and anyone else didn't help in mos. In any story where the world is in trouble you can ask why every character doesn't show up.

Eh, you can ask why the green pantern corps and flash and anyone else didn't help in mos. In any story where the world is in trouble you can ask why every character doesn't show up.
those are a little more defensible..

as I said above MOS, should have been the triggering event for the whole DC cinematic universe.. up until then earth would have just been a forgettable speck on the radar of the rest of the universe (basically like the south park episode of when they discovered warp speed)

then you have the events of MOS.. green lantern corps realizes then need to assign someone to that sector (since you're going do an origin story for him anyways).. flash, also an origin story, realizes whatever and that triggers him discovering the 'speed force'

as far as superman goes.. you then trigger Lex essentially doing what he did in BvS, but it's just him for the sequel.. and then you have brainiac for the 3rd movie (who is really the one who unleashes doomsday in a future movie as means of revenge after being defeated).. and then you tie in darkseid

Last edited:
Wow, DC/WB must really be on something to just keep on trucking like this.

I would've scrapped all these bums planned to do movies.

This whole I don't blame Snyder at all thing is crazy to me. This steady mental gymnastics to avoid blame coming his way is crazy.

Last edited:
I watched it again at the crib last night (don't ask how) and man this movie could have flourished but it's bogged down by so much dumb stuff.

Like MoS, the biggest problem is the script, and BvS issues make sense in hindsight because apparently Terrio did late game rewrites and didn't do enough to excise things from the original draft. So once again I don't blame Snyder :tongue:

The visuals were so on point; I actually enjoyed BvS visuals more than any Marvel, Fox, or Sony superhero movie to have ever come out :smh: there's just too many times where you go "wait a second, that dumb" :smh: whether it be decisions made by the characters or dialogue.

People make fun of WB for responding and adjusting to criticism but isn't that the creative process? :x them making sure Justice League is sited to Snyder's strengths is a fantastic idea. We don't need depth or philosophy here, we need a strong plot, strong characters, and strong character motivations.

Terrio writing JL solo and without interference sounds clutch to me. And I know I'm repeating myself like itsaboutthattime, but I will always say if you pair Snyder's A+ visuals with at least B+ writing, you will have an A- movie :lol:.

I seriously believe the DCeU will flourish :smokin just gotta stop looking over at Marvel so damn much.

+1

It's a pretty simple argument, really. Have someone write a story better than what Snyder could ever put together on his own, and then have him bring that story to life on screen. Take away narrative control from him.

Which is what WB appears to be doing with JL.

That just sounds like ya lying to yourself about Snyder's faults. If only it was so easy as get a great script and let him direct that.

He aint write BvS either but the movie still came out like a typical bad Snyder flick just with more faults. So then the question becomes do the ppl over at DC/WB even know when they have a great script on their hands. Last one was TDK which was inexplicably written by Goyer :lol:

Last edited:
I do like Snyder's visuals. A good writer and editing team (and maybe co-director) that can tell a story would do him well.

I do like Snyder's visuals. A good writer and editing team (and maybe co-director) that can tell a story would do him well.
The answer more and more seems to be to not make Snyder the director at all but cinematographer :lol: That way you get the visuals. The director can then decide what gets slow-mo :lol:

Quite frankly, I'm surprised a few better directors haven't just took his visual style (which wouldn't be hard to imitate) and just do everything else better :lol: Thing is there's also the dislike for his muted, dark colors and w/e tint he puts on his lenses.

The answer more and more seems to be to not make Snyder the director at all but cinematographer :lol: That way you get the visuals. The director can then decide what gets slow-mo :lol:

Quite frankly, I'm surprised a few better directors haven't just took his visual style (which wouldn't be hard to imitate) and just do everything else better :lol: Thing is there's also the dislike for his muted, dark colors and w/e tint he puts on his lenses.

:lol: actually yeah, ****. Peter principle.

Numbers update.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $301,201,288 37.6%
+ Foreign: $499,600,000 62.4%
= Worldwide: $800,801,288

I don't even like Snyder's visuals. At least not in BvS. Everything is filtered and you got to squint and everything. The final fight everything is dark and the only light you see are from the explosions.

IIRC the Supes fight in MoS was good. Reminded me of how a DBZ fight would kinda look if it was live like that - minus the punch/kick combos.

In BvS, 80 percent of the fighting is just people tackling each other. If it weren't for Batman, I would question if he could do complex fight choreography.

Last edited:
His visuals were perfect for how he told the story in 300 and I liked them in Watchmen.

They were a ******* light show in Sucker Punch and just plain depressing in MOS. Similar to MOS for BvS.

Last edited:

**** it then make him and that Fong dude be the cinematographers and let someone else direct :lol:

**** it then make him and that Fong dude be the cinematographers and let someone else direct :lol:
I would be all for this but on the other hand I know Snyder would take that as a huge slap in the face :lol: and I couldn't slight him for being mad if they presented him with that option.

He's paid his dues, worked his way up to being a director. Has his resume as a director (albeit not the best). He use to be a cinematographer. I'm sure he'd see this as a demotion if he even entertained the idea.

In a situation like that if DC/WB wanted this they'd just pick a new director after JL pt. 1.

Last edited:
I still say b v s was great and worth the money. Look forward to watching it again. SS looks so fire. Ayer does pretty solid work

Wow, DC/WB must really be on something to just keep on trucking like this.

I would've scrapped all these bums planned to do movies.

This whole I don't blame Snyder at all thing is crazy to me. This steady mental gymnastics to avoid blame coming his way is crazy.
So you would have scrapped the whole DCEU? For what purpose? The DC is a potential gold mine for WB, why wouldnt they keep going? Because you didn't like BVS you want to say " ___ it! ", that doesn't make any sense. 

And when it comes to Zack Snyder, some people ( yourself included ) are so emotional in their hatred of him that you come of as objectively biased. Yes, zack snyder has faults with his movies. But how much of the blame can you objectively place on him for your displeasure of BVS? He is the director of the movie, so he is the captain of this ship. But if your going to place blame, then it needs to be consistent. If you say that the movie has editing problems, then the blame needs to go to the editors. If you say that the movie had bad pacing, again the blame needs to go to the editors. If you say that there were story/script problems, then the blame needs to go to the screenwriters. See where i'm going with this? You speak as if zack edited and wrote the movie, along with directing it. There are a lot of cooks in the kitchen, so to speak. 

the director tells the editors what to do, a directors job is to give his team a clear understanding of what his vision is

so either 

A: zach snider is unable to effectively communicate what he wants to the editors, meaning he's a bad director and is to blame for this travesty of a movie

or

B: zach snider's vision sucks and the editors just did what they were told to do so again, zach snider is to blame for this travesty of a movie

the director tells the editors what to do, a directors job is to give his team a clear understanding of what his vision is

so either 

A: zach snider is unable to effectively communicate what he wants to the editors, meaning he's a bad director and is to blame for this travesty of a movie

or

B: zach snider's vision sucks and the editors just did what they were told to do so again, zach snider is to blame for this travesty of a movie
Smh, travesty?
roll.gif
The hate is real in here. If this is " snider's vision " then why is WB pushing the ultimate ( director's cut ) cut of BVS, and even considering releasing it theatrically? 

Back
Top Bottom