DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Insert complaint about white Amazons

some people jumped down my throat about the all white people cirticsm.

havn't heard about or seen a single black or brown person yet. :lol:

I'm going to see the movie regardless, but they deserve criticism if they let this happen.

ESPECIALLY for character like Wonder Woman who was conceived as the most progressive superhero ever.

Last edited:
Lol Star Wars had a black lead and you still had tons to complain about

You're never going to be happy

It's going to be interesting what you have to say about Black Panther :nerd:

Last edited:
All white Amazons would actually be in line with how the group looked when they were first created :lol:

I recently saw it and it's now @ 28% :smh: I felt bad even though the movie wasn't good. Fan rating dropped as well.

I didn't feel that bad but I did have to ask myself was the movie 28% bad? :lol: Cuz I did really like Batffleck at least.

i saw it 3 times.

each time it got waayyyy better

Man of Steel is my favorite SH Movie followed by Wibrer Soldier

i was expecting all out action from start to finish like MOS

but instead it was like 1 hour 15 mins of exposition and a fight at the end

I watched it again at the crib last night (don't ask how) and man this movie could have flourished but it's bogged down by so much dumb stuff.

Like MoS, the biggest problem is the script, and BvS issues make sense in hindsight because apparently Terrio did late game rewrites and didn't do enough to excise things from the original draft. So once again I don't blame Snyder :tongue:

The visuals were so on point; I actually enjoyed BvS visuals more than any Marvel, Fox, or Sony superhero movie to have ever come out :smh: there's just too many times where you go "wait a second, that dumb" :smh: whether it be decisions made by the characters or dialogue.

People make fun of WB for responding and adjusting to criticism but isn't that the creative process? :x them making sure Justice League is sited to Snyder's strengths is a fantastic idea. We don't need depth or philosophy here, we need a strong plot, strong characters, and strong character motivations.

Terrio writing JL solo and without interference sounds clutch to me. And I know I'm repeating myself like itsaboutthattime, but I will always say if you pair Snyder's A+ visuals with at least B+ writing, you will have an A- movie :lol:.

I seriously believe the DCeU will flourish :smokin just gotta stop looking over at Marvel so damn much.

Failure is relative. It's not the same for everyone. And MoS was a box office failure too.
A movie that is profitable cannot be considered a failure. If your measuring by critic reviews, then I guess you'd consider the Transformers movies failures? Even though the rake in massive numbers every time. 
It's not even turning a profit in it's initial release

Elsewhere at the B.O., BvS is still not as popular as other superheros among fanboys. Its third weekend is less than what Uni’s Furious 7 took in during its third sesh with $29.7M, and it’s dogging Iron Man 3’s third weekend ($35.8M), which some B.O. analysts have compared it to. BvS‘ domestic total of $295.1M looks to near Zootopia‘s six weekend cume by Sunday. Among superhero films’ third weekends, BvS is at the lower end, however, note that most of them play in the summer when audiences are available, so it’s difficult to comp. BvS third frame is higher than Man of Steel ($20.7M), but lower than Iron Man 3 ($35.8M), which some have compared it to leg-wise. BvS’ worldwide B.O. now stands at $742.8M, inching closer to that $800M mark. Remember, our sources calculated that in order for BvS to turn a minimum profit in the theatrical window, it would need to do about $925M in global ticket sales. Nonetheless, should the film fall short, it should still profit once ancillary markets are counted.

More "insider" metrics to quantify why this might be considered a failure

BvS headed to a 1.95-2.05 multiplier. How this stacks up to all other superhero movies and an explanation of why it's important to look past the total gross

3AKNU6N.png

The term "multiplier" describes how much a movie makes in total compared with how much it made in its opening weekend. The higher the multiplier, the better the "legs" a movie has. Higher multipliers strongly suggest that movies have strong word of mouth and potentially a high number of repeat viewings. In other words, the multiplier correlates with how much the public embraced a movie. For a standalone movie, the multiplier is less important to a studio than the total gross; for a movie that is not expected to have a sequel, the studio generally only cares about how much money the movie makes (although a low multiplier might hurt licensing and home video numbers). But for a franchise, the multiplier is critical because it indicates how much the movie is being received by the public and how much of a fan base it is establishing for future movies. Recent comic book movies with high multipliers include Deadpool (2.65 and counting), Ant Man (3.14), Dark Knight (3.38), Guardians of the Galaxy (3.53), and Batman Begins (4.24).

In contrast, the lowest comic book multipliers are, in order, X-Men Origins (2.11), 2003 Hulk (2.12), 2015 Fantastic Four (2.18), Green Lantern (2.19), Hellboy 2 (2.2), Amazing Spider Man 2 (2.21), and Spider Man 3 (2.22). The common thread in all of these movies is that each of these movies either killed the franchise and/or had to be rebooted with an entirely different cast. In fact, the lowest multiplier for a movie that had a direct sequel is Kick *** (2.42). Note that Iron Man 3 (2.34) and Age of Ultron (2.40) have lower multipliers and are likely to have a sequel.

So where does BvS stack up? If projects hold up, it will end up with a total gross of between $325 and $340. That would between 1.95 and 2.05. BvS would have to gross $350 million to beat the multiplier of the movies with the 2nd lowest multiplier, X-Men Origins (2.11), which looks like it will now be impossible. It is important to note that BvS has come in on the lowest end of expectations on every metric (e.g., hold percentages, daily grosses, weekday grosses, etc.). However, even at the lowest projected number, it looks like BvS is likely to beat the movie with the lowest multiplier, which is Watchmen at 1.95.

This is all to say that it would be very surprising, not to mention ill-advised, for DC/WB to go forward with the franchise without making significant adjustments. Every other studio has either scrapped a franchise or made significant changes to movies that had far higher multipliers than BvS. Also, people should be careful not to simply look at the total gross of a movie to gauge its success, particularly franchise movies. For instance, although BvS will have a similar gross to Guardians of the Galaxy and be in the ball park of Deadpool, the high multipliers for those movies indicate that fans crave sequels or are eager to watch similar movies. BvS's low multiplier suggest that people were curious to check out the movie and/or were lured in with the heavy marketing, but ultimately decided that the movie was not for them.

It's underperformed in most projections

View media item 1994275View media item 1994276

If you put Superman and Batman together in a film and that movie can't even break a billi, that's a failure by studio standards.

Barely profitable. Needs 800 just to break even.
But profitable none-the-less. And the week is still young. And with the news that WB is considering showing the R-rated cut in theaters that could pull their numbers up even more. I hope they do it, because the fans will carry it over 1 billion. Now, you can say that despiration is showing on WB's part ( that would be a valid claim ) but if they are successful in doing that watch other's follow suit. 
a 2nd run of an R rated film isn't going to generate an extra 200 million in box office. Maybe 50Ms tops

To be fair, they succeeded in the most important aspect, which was kicking off their universe

Financially speaking the film isn't a bomb like GL but it's a failure in the same way TASM 2 was. You under perform studio and industry expectations then you fall in that category.

Last edited:
Yea it wasn't Green Lantern bad but you got to believe that it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths and that will linger..

I think if Wonder Woman and Justice League end up being fire, then this universe should be just fine. Justice League is almost like a second chance for Snyder and co.

I watched it again at the crib last night (don't ask how) and man this movie could have flourished but it's bogged down by so much dumb stuff.

Like MoS, the biggest problem is the script, and BvS issues make sense in hindsight because apparently Terrio did late game rewrites and didn't do enough to excise things from the original draft. So once again I don't blame Snyder
tongue.gif

The visuals were so on point; I actually enjoyed BvS visuals more than any Marvel, Fox, or Sony superhero movie to have ever come out
mean.gif
there's just too many times where you go "wait a second, that dumb"
mean.gif
whether it be decisions made by the characters or dialogue.

People make fun of WB for responding and adjusting to criticism but isn't that the creative process?
sick.gif
them making sure Justice League is sited to Snyder's strengths is a fantastic idea. We don't need depth or philosophy here, we need a strong plot, strong characters, and strong character motivations.

Terrio writing JL solo and without interference sounds clutch to me. And I know I'm repeating myself like itsaboutthattime, but I will always say if you pair Snyder's A+ visuals with at least B+ writing, you will have an A- movie
laugh.gif

I seriously believe the DCeU will flourish
smokin.gif
just gotta stop looking over at Marvel so damn much.
This man gets it!

Like MoS, the biggest problem is the script, and BvS issues make sense in hindsight because apparently Terrio did late game rewrites and didn't do enough to excise things from the original draft. So once again I don't blame Snyder :tongue:

The visuals were so on point; I actually enjoyed BvS visuals more than any Marvel, Fox, or Sony superhero movie to have ever come out :smh: there's just too many times where you go "wait a second, that dumb" :smh: whether it be decisions made by the characters or dialogue.

People make fun of WB for responding and adjusting to criticism but isn't that the creative process? :x them making sure Justice League is sited to Snyder's strengths is a fantastic idea. We don't need depth or philosophy here, we need a strong plot, strong characters, and strong character motivations.

Terrio writing JL solo and without interference sounds clutch to me. And I know I'm repeating myself like itsaboutthattime, but I will always say if you pair Snyder's A+ visuals with at least B+ writing, you will have an A- movie :lol: .

I seriously believe the DCeU will flourish :smokin just gotta stop looking over at Marvel so damn much.
View media item 1913831

This man gets it!

I actually agree with him. Snyder is God with Visuals. We knew that before it dropped. I'm glad they are trying tailor the script to fit that. Hopes it works out. I need JL to be good.

To be fair, they succeeded in the most important aspect, which was kicking off their universe and that's the most important of all.
I think if Wonder Woman and Justice League end up being fire, then this universe should be just fine. Justice League is almost like a second chance for Snyder and co.
i gotta ask how?

I know I've asked this numerous times (to no response yet), but considering the film is set way back when.. and from BvS we know wonder woman basically gave up on men for almost a 100 years (her words)

other than gal proving most people wrong in BvS.. practically speaking, why should we be that excited for a WW movie?

this isn't like cap where he was a popsicle for all those years.. how do they justify WW walking away for all that time and especially not doing shhh during MOS which could have ended things for her people too.. I mean unless we just ignore that aspect of things

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom