DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I'm definitely interested in a Batfleck stand alone.
Easy to say Affleck was the consensus "best part of BvS"  Even the haters like Affleck.

I'm going to call it now:  Afflecks batman beats BvS @ the box office  to critical acclaim.

For any of you that have seen BvS a few times, the final fight scene is something to behold.

I cannot wait for the un-cut version to release.

I have never seen such an intense scene of combat involving batman, ever.

From what i understand theres a few more minutes of that fight.

which ones of you guys here were againsti Ben Affleck being casted as Batman when it was first announced?

I was against going with an older batman.. As I said, if year one bats is 25, thought they should have gone with like 30-32

No origin.. But since everyone else is getting sorta an origin he's the vet of the team at a still relatively young age

I was being practical considering he's the only non-powered human on the team of the people shown so far or suggested

Gal, I was wrong about.. But now I'm just sceptical about her solo film considering in BvS she said she stopped f-ing with men for almost 100 years

Like what traumatic event will they concoct to justify wonder flippin woman chillin while all that stuff is going down throughout all those years and especially MOS

Last edited:
Wonder if the stand alone Batman movie will be a prequel or take place after BvS & SS.

Has this Batman always been a kill 'em all vigilante or did he just make the switch later on?

Did he start killing after Robin's death?

If he's always taken out his foes with extreme prejudice then how is anyone left in his Rogue's gallery?

If it isn't a prequel, will Batman have a change of heart and stop killing people?

Will Alfred be handing out fades in the stand alone movie?

I was actually routing for Josh Brolin, especially when it seemed like they were adapting Frank Millers Batman from TDKR.

I never hated the choice, butI felt so blindsided by the Affleck casting announcement,. Then I reminded myself how much I enjoyed the more recent work he did at the time with The Town and Argo and grew more curious and excited to see his take on Bats.

Last edited:
lots of 4chan rumors, take it with a grain of salt, here's a narrowed down version...

- Alona Tal, Imogen Poots, James Remar, Alfred Molina and Ed Harris will also debut as Black Canary, Iris West, Darryl Frye, Thomas Morrow and Wade Eiling.

- Also, Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Belle) and Tessa Thompson (Creed) are apparently negotiating for Sarah Charles, Cyborg's love interest, and Javier Bardem, Bill Nighy, Jackie Earle Haley, Rosamund Pike, Willem Dafoe, Joel Edgerton and Frances McDormand are all up for unspecified parts.

I like all of these potential castings

Bardem as Ocean Master?

I want Bardem as Darkseid

Couldn't agree more.

Shotgun whoadie from No Country for Old Men/Silva from Skyfall should play Darkseid. That dude is a boss. :pimp:

Wonder if the stand alone Batman movie will be a prequel or take place after BvS & SS.

Has this Batman always been a kill 'em all vigilante or did he just make the switch later on?

Did he start killing after Robin's death?

If he's always taken out his foes with extreme prejudice then how is anyone left in his Rogue's gallery?

If it isn't a prequel, will Batman have a change of heart and stop killing people?

Will Alfred be handing out fades in the stand alone movie?
This is the most relevant question.

The answer should be yes.

In here for a red hood/Jason Todd story line. Seeing how he's already been killed with Robins costume in the bat cave. Would play with this angry old batman Affleck

it is critically and financially a failure though 

these are facts
This is exactly why I can't take the opinions of most NT'ers seriously. In what way is this movie a financial failure? I need numbers to back up what you said. Where are your facts coming from? This movie is projected to be less profitable than MOS, but that does not make it a failure. When it's all said and done it will be profitable. Fantastic 4 was a failure, GL was a failure, Jonah Hex was a failure......BVS is no where near that. I get that you didn't like the movie, but your reaching for the moon with that claim. If this movie was a failure the DCEU would have been DOA. Instead WB is doubling down on it's initial slate and adding to more DC movies. Failure? 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Failure is relative. It's not the same for everyone. And MoS was a box office failure too.

Anyway, when you have three of the biggest superheroes in the same movie you should be breaking a bill at least, especially given that you put 400 million into the movie. As it stands, BvS might not even be the highest grossing March movie this yr (it could go to Zootopia).

Last edited:
Failure is relative. It's not the same for everyone. And MoS was a box office failure too.
A movie that is profitable cannot be considered a failure. If your measuring by critic reviews, then I guess you'd consider the Transformers movies failures? Even though the rake in massive numbers every time. 

Barely profitable. Needs 800 just to break even.
But profitable none-the-less. And the week is still young. And with the news that WB is considering showing the R-rated cut in theaters that could pull their numbers up even more. I hope they do it, because the fans will carry it over 1 billion. Now, you can say that despiration is showing on WB's part ( that would be a valid claim ) but if they are successful in doing that watch other's follow suit. 

Back
Top Bottom