DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

There was the report about WB having meeting about adding humor into future films then the SS reshoots were happening the same time so I'm assuming dudes either had poor sourcing or jumped to a conclusion based on those two things happening at the same time.

Either way, Faraci takes (another) L

Saw that melissa mccarthy movie was top at the box office. Low numbers but that movie looked stupid.

no expectations for suicide squad. ive learned my lesson :smh:

VacantUnfortunateBarebirdbat.gif

lots of 4chan rumors, take it with a grain of salt, here's a narrowed down version...

- First, Suicide Squad. If you liked that awesome new trailer, then good news- apparently early reactions have been very positive, and WB is planning a sequel for 2018/19.

- Wonder Woman- the movie will apparently feature Ares and Circe as the vilains.

- The Flash- apparently Reverse-Flash will be the villain, but will have a 'unique twist' to differentiate him from the TV version.

- Aquaman will feature Arthur Curry squaring off against Ocean Master and The Trench, with no plans for a Black Manta appearance

- Shazam will have Black Adam as the villain

- Cyborg is apparently still on the back burner until after Justice League: Part 1 comes out, so WB can gauge the public's attitude towards the character, and if the movie does happen, it'll have a black director.

- JL:Dark Universe is apparently dead.

- Cyborg and Green Lantern Corps don't yet have villains, and the latter film will center on Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

- Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum trilogy, Real Steel, The Internship) is apparently the frontrunner to direct Shazam, suggesting that movie will have a comedic bent.

- Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes), Duncan Jones (Warcraft, Moon) and Rian Johnson (Looper, Star Wars: Episode VIII) have all been approached about Green Lantern Corps.

- Ben Affleck is apparently hesistant about directing an upcoming solo Bat flick, but he's definitely writing it, and Jared Leto's Joker will definiely appear.

- There's also some news about projects not yet announced- apparently Blue and Gold, Deathstroke, Birds of Prey and Legion of Superheroes movies are all in the works.

- George Miller is apparently undecided on whether or not he wants to direct an upcoming DC film.

- Snyder is, sadly, locked to direct, but apparently if this film is critically panned, he'll be replaced for Part 2.

- It's apparently massive, having been written by Snyder and Chris Terrio, and Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Ezra Miler, Amy Adams, Laurence Fushburne, Connie Nielsen, Jena Malone, Jeremy Irons, Viola Davis, Diane Lane and Harry Lennix will all reprise roles from previous films.

- JK Simmons and Amber Heard have already been confirmed to debut as Commissioner Gordon and Mera respectively.

- Alona Tal, Imogen Poots, James Remar, Alfred Molina and Ed Harris will also debut as Black Canary, Iris West, Darryl Frye, Thomas Morrow and Wade Eiling.

- Also, Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Belle) and Tessa Thompson (Creed) are apparently negotiating for Sarah Charles, Cyborg's love interest, and Javier Bardem, Bill Nighy, Jackie Earle Haley, Rosamund Pike, Willem Dafoe, Joel Edgerton and Frances McDormand are all up for unspecified parts.

- The plot will apparently revolve around Batman and Wonder Woman trying to assemble the JLA to fight the threat of Darkseid, with the government, represented by Waller and Eiling, hunting them.

- Darkseid himself is described as a 'force of nature', and is apparently being redesigned. He'll also have something to do with Superman's inevitable rebirth, and allegedly has the power to force the heroes to 'confront their dark sides'.

lots of 4chan rumors, take it with a grain of salt, here's a narrowed down version...

- Alona Tal, Imogen Poots, James Remar, Alfred Molina and Ed Harris will also debut as Black Canary, Iris West, Darryl Frye, Thomas Morrow and Wade Eiling.

- Also, Gugu Mbatha-Raw (Belle) and Tessa Thompson (Creed) are apparently negotiating for Sarah Charles, Cyborg's love interest, and Javier Bardem, Bill Nighy, Jackie Earle Haley, Rosamund Pike, Willem Dafoe, Joel Edgerton and Frances McDormand are all up for unspecified parts.
I like all of these potential castings

Bardem as Ocean Master?

Last edited:
They've got some heavy hitters in those possible cast names. Hopefully they can get a few of them on board,except Joel Edgerton :lol:,dude plays a generic antagonist in every movie.

Del Toro's JL Dark getting canned hurts :smh:. Was looking forward to that the most out of all the announced DCEU movies plus it's in its own lane that Marvel has yet to touch. Shame

Last edited:

I like all of these potential castings

Bardem as Ocean Master?

I want Bardem as Darkseid

Last edited:
The list of directors for Green lantern is impressive though I doubt they get rian johnson, matt reeves would.be be nice I really enjoyed the last planet of the apes

The list of directors for Green lantern is impressive though I doubt they get rian johnson, matt reeves would.be be nice I really enjoyed the last planet of the apes
Agreed, I think any of those directors would be good.

Rian Johnson is definitely a reach and I'm not entirely sure DC believes wholeheartedly in GL.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Well Rian Johnson is only doing episode 8 which comes out next year so he'd be available after that, no?

GL Corps doesn't come out til 2020

- Cyborg is apparently still on the back burner until after Justice League: Part 1 comes out, so WB can gauge the public's attitude towards the character, and if the movie does happen, it'll have a black director.

well I called that one from jump. :lol:

but it was pretty obvious.

- Darkseid himself is described as a 'force of nature', and is apparently being redesigned. He'll also have something to do with Superman's inevitable rebirth, and allegedly has the power to force the heroes to 'confront their dark sides'.

anti life equation?

Well Rian Johnson is only doing episode 8 which comes out next year so he'd be available after that, no?

My bad I thought he directed rogue one and its obvious sequels.

Then I'm all in for Rian with Reeves a close second

probably something else, Snyder kind of hinted he is looking for the Anti-Life Equation:

“Maybe [Darkseid] exists out there in the universe. Maybe he's looking for something. Something that is against life?” Snyder responded."

Damn so there's actually a good chance we'll get Anti-Monitor in a future JL? :nerd:

Last edited:

Rian wrote the story treatment for episode 9 so it's very likely he'll be involved in some capacity.

Also, would he want to go from Star Wars to DCU, I doubt.

Back
Top Bottom