DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

random and i know they have JK already cast but Tom Selleck would be an interesting choice for Gordon :lol:

i saw a promo for Blue Bloods after i was done playing Arkham and the connection just happened lol

Plus WB/DC is already releasing reports that the script for JL is "more suited" for a Zach Snyder movie and it'll focus I guess on his style no substance approach.

That's really, not very encouraging to hear..

So basically what you're saying is that not only will they keep him on but they'll let him make the movie exactly the way he wants to make it.

Yikes!
Yeah, DC/WB seem to not understand what ppl didn't like about BvS. They think Snyder didn't get to fully be himself and do the movie he wanted I guess.

They're pretty close to completely wrong and seem oblivious that the problem is Snyder but w/e. At least he isn't official on directing anything pass JL. pt. 2.

Plus WB/DC is already releasing reports that the script for JL is "more suited" for a Zach Snyder movie

Source? :nerd:

Report: Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE To Be 'Extremely Kinetic & Visual Crowdpleaser,' More Suited to His Talents
http://variety.com/2016/film/opinion/batman-v-superman-warner-bros-superhero-suit-1201749164/

If anything this is proof of me not posting every negative or questionable thing I see regarding DC :lol:

the music is what has people thinking it's "funny" lol

it doesn't seem to have much humor but the overall tone seems to be pretty light, which is perfect. the stuff in the beginning has me worried that it's gonna be like the first 30 minutes of the film tho :smh:

Leto's take on the Joker doesn't seem as original as i hoped but w/e that's minor

And i think WB is right about Snyder. He was given material that's not suited for him. If BvS was just TDKR it would of been 100x better.

Last edited:
Report: Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE To Be 'Extremely Kinetic & Visual Crowdpleaser,' More Suited to His Talents
http://variety.com/2016/film/opinion/batman-v-superman-warner-bros-superhero-suit-1201749164/

If anything this is proof of me not posting every negative or questionable thing I see regarding DC
laugh.gif
I don't see how this is negative towards Snyder. If anything, this comes across as good news. BvS was a failed attempt at existentialism and philosophy, and "More straightforward than existential" sounds like the kind of Justice League movie I'd like to see.

"More straightforward than existential" is a perfect description of  A1 and GoTG to me, so phooey. Snyder's creative vision supported by the bedrock of a solid, properly written, and not ridiculously overstuffed and complex story, will make a good movie.

They already showed batman and confirmed he is in the film. Why don't they show Bens name on the posters credits?

They already showed batman and confirmed he is in the film. Why don't they show Bens name on the posters credits?

cause he's not that big in the movie and they probably don't want people to think that this is his movie.
They had Momoa all in the early BvS promo stuff and dude's entire part of the film fits in a single gif so idk

Based on the Batfleck reaction i'd imagine they'll start playing up the Batman bits, especially if the Umberto tweet about the screenings is true

cause he's not that big in the movie and they probably don't want people to think that this is his movie.
They had Momoa all in the early BvS promo stuff and dude's entire part of the film fits in a single gif so idk

Based on the Batfleck reaction i'd imagine they'll start playing up the Batman bits, especially if the Umberto tweet about the screenings is true

He asked for Batfleck to get billing on the poster. Promo stuff or not, he shouldn't get that if he's a glorified cameo.

I think it's them evaluating the reactions and coming to the conclusion that the faults are mainly with the script, and their own meddling.

JL might be them telling Snyder that they're going to get out of the way and let him do something that cater more to his strengths as a director
The problems people have with Snyder/BvS

1. Storytelling doesn't appear to be Snyder's biggest strength, so a script that attempts to be faux deep/philosophical just won't work (never mind that Terrio appears to have been brought in but did not perform enough narrative cutting)

2. DC clearly tried to play catch-up with Marvel and introduce their verse, and it shows through the poor character motivations and questionable in-story decision making

3. The plot was all over the place

The fix:

1. Have Terrio write a solid, straightforward, and a non- "trying to be deep" script. Have Snyder kill it with the visuals, and stick to the script.

2. Remove the corporate-mandated cinematic universe horse-**** and let JL be a good standalone superhero story.

Sounds like a good deal to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

He asked for Batfleck to get billing on the poster. Promo stuff or not, he shouldn't get that if he's a glorified cameo.
I took that as just general promo but i see.

Probably weird money reasons involved tbh. If you get billing on the poster i'd like to think you also have to do press for the film and he wouldn't want to do that for about 10 minutes of screentime

I'm kind of surprised how this film is being sold with Harley/Margot as the Lead. Will is getting like 3rd billing

Last edited:
I think it's them evaluating the reactions and coming to the conclusion that the faults are mainly with the script, and their own meddling.

JL might be them telling Snyder that they're going to get out of the way and let him do something that cater more to his strengths as a director

The problems people have with Snyder/BvS

1. Storytelling doesn't appear to be Snyder's biggest strength, so a script that attempts to be faux deep/philosophical just won't work (never mind that Terrio appears to have been brought in but did not perform enough narrative cutting)

2. DC clearly tried to play catch-up with Marvel and introduce their verse, and it shows through the poor character motivations and questionable in-story decision making

3. The plot was all over the place

The fix:

1. Have Terrio write a solid, straightforward, and a non- "trying to be deep" script. Have Snyder kill it with the visuals, and stick to the script.

2. Remove the corporate-mandated cinematic universe horse-**** and let JL be a good standalone superhero story.

Sounds like a good deal to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A lot of people seem to be *****ing about DC being "overly reactive" but if that report is true i think it's great on their part to actual listen to the critiques.

Streamline the story and set it up for JL to be a home run because if that fails it's over.

Back
Top Bottom