DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

must be a brutal football game
laugh.gif
considering its cyborgs origin story, yes, its brutal.

Damn, the movie was so bleh to me I don't even want to waste my time posting what I found wrong with it, most NTers have already done a good job of that. I've been a Batman fanboy for the longest, but Marvel won. Civil War will be >>>

Man, I remember going to the midnight release of TDK and as soon as I got out of theater I wanted to see it again, and again, and again. I'm not sure if I'll ever watch this again in my life :-/

The fact that there aren't more posts like this is a testament to how strong the love for DC is in here.

I've seen a lot of disappointment from the DC guys but nothing like this.

Damn, the movie was so bleh to me I don't even want to waste my time posting what I found wrong with it, most NTers have already done a good job of that. I've been a Batman fanboy for the longest, but Marvel won. Civil War will be >>>

Man, I remember going to the midnight release of TDK and as soon as I got out of theater I wanted to see it again, and again, and again. I'm not sure if I'll ever watch this again in my life :-/

The fact that there aren't more posts like this is a testament to how strong the love for DC is in here.

I think Batfleck might just have saved the film for them, I mean Superman fans are far and few in between but Batman is arguably the most famous hero out there (maybe just behind Spidey?) so a good version of him (which almost everyone praises in BvS) helps.

There's also the nostalgia, I wrote it on my first review that it can be hard to be subjective seeing your childhood dreams come true.

I mean even you didn't hate Cavill after this so maybe the positives just outweigh the negatives to some?

Last edited:
They filmed Cyborg's origin? This movie is mad bloated :lol:

They didn't, I think he just assumes it will be because he was originally a football player and that's how they did it in JL: War.

I think it just got cut but I doubt he lost all his limbs and had to be turned bionic because he got tackled a bit too hard :lol:

They filmed Cyborg's origin? This movie is mad bloated
laugh.gif
When you see Diana opens and watch his file, thats his father trying to save him.

He got hurt in the football game they did not show but they did film.

They left it out because ( As we can all read ) a percentage of people can only take so much info in at one time or sitting.

Some say its was long,  For me: it felt like I could go another hour, hour and a half.

But thats me.

They didn't, I think he just assumes it will be because he was originally a football player and that's how they did it in JL: War.

I think it just got cut but I doubt he lost all his limbs and had to be turned bionic because he got tackled a bit too hard
laugh.gif
VERY, VERY, WRONG:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/20/details-on-the-batman-vs-superman-football-filming

they filmed his scene years ago, dude.

LOL.

in fact its the first scene they filmed.

@RFX45    You started this thread and did not know this?

Last edited:

the positives just outweigh the negatives to some.
This.

And I don't think that's hard to understand. 

Nobody has come in here and said oh this movie was the best ever.

But it's good, its fun, it sets up a larger world. and I can't wait to see the extended version, because with snyder those are always good.

When you see Diana opens and watch his file, thats his father trying to save him.

He got hurt in the football game they did not show but they did film.

They left it out because ( As we can all read ) a percentage of people can only take so much info in at one time or sitting.

Some say its was long,  For me: it felt like I could go another hour, hour and a half.

But thats me.

I mean his character origin, as in Vic Stone the football player

They filmed Cyborg's origin? This movie is mad bloated :lol:

I think it just got cut but I doubt he lost all his limbs and had to be turned bionic because he got tackled a bit too hard :lol:

I really hope if the bluray really has an 30 additional minutes, the JL datafile scene is longer :lol:

VERY, VERY, WRONG:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/20/details-on-the-batman-vs-superman-football-filming

they filmed his scene years ago, dude.

LOL.

in fact its the first scene they filmed.

I know they filmed it, I reported it here and Zacks kid was supposedly there where everyone thought he was going to be Grayson.

I am saying that doesn't necessarily mean it is Cyborgs origin, only connection is that it is a football game and that Cyborg used to be a football player.

It being a Cyborg origin scene is pure assumption and as I said before, many thought it was a scene for Snyders kid playing Grayson.

In the film, Perry told Clark to cover the game but obviously that part got cut from the film, I doubt it is Cyborgs origin because...

first the footage of Cyborgs dead trying to help him already existed and who knows how old but Clark was just asked to cover the game a few days or a few weeks ago

second Cyborg was shown to be pretty much just the chest and head and I highly doubt that was an injury from the football field

Last edited:
Try to ignore this thread as much as possible, but is there a after the credits scene? Watching it Sunday. Thanks

I LOVED TDKR the first time I saw it, as flawed as that film is, I still really enjoy it for what it is. I remember going off about how much better than The Avengers it was. Ever since The Winter Soldier though, I've been fully onboard with what Marvel is doing and how they have integrated everything. When I was watching Age Of Ultron, I could really sense a grand scheme of what they are working up to and what IW will ultimately be. I was already predicting what's going to happen in Civil War and getting myself hyped up for it.

With how bland this film was to me, I'm not sure if I care if they continue on with it or not. The tiny bit of direction that was there, just doesn't have me excited. I didn't hate the movie, it was alright, I enjoyed it for what it was, I just think it fell incredibly short.

Saw it last night. Did anyone else have a video of snyder talking before the film started? It was pretty much him saying don't post any spoilers after seeing :lol:

I'd give this movie probably 6/10. I really went into it with a positive attitude. The action scenes were good. Some of the music was :smh: like they tried to make every scene seem epic. I wouldn't watch it again. Maybe if it was on FX on a Sunday afternoon, but I wouldn't rent it from redbox.

I know they filmed it, I reported it here and Zacks kid was supposedly there where everyone thought he was going to be Grayson.

I am saying that doesn't necessarily mean it is Cyborgs origin, only connection is that it is a football game and that Cyborg used to be a football player.

It being a Cyborg origin scene is pure assumption and as I said before, many thought it was a scene for Snyders kid playing Grayson.

In the film, Perry told Clark to cover the game but obviously that part got cut from the film, I doubt it is Cyborgs origin because...

first the footage of Cyborgs dead trying to help him already existed and who knows how old but Clark was just asked to cover the game a few days or a few weeks ago

second Cyborg was shown to be pretty much just the chest and head and I highly doubt that was an injury from the football field
I don't see in the article of confirmation that it is Vic Stone in the field getting hurt and that it is his dad on the sidelines.
You are right its after the game with the mothers box that was shown in BvS.

they are using the new 52 storyline

Last edited:
Also, does anyone think that if they do a Flashpoint paradox they bring in the DC TV universe in some capacity? 
I wonder if the Bats solo film will be like a trilogy type of thing or just a one off.

Last edited:
One other thought, why didn't they expand on Robin's death? Yet another easter egg they gave away in the trailer, but for people who aren't familiar with the comics it had zero significance without any type of explanation. They showed it for a split second.

I just felt there were a lot of things that were implied, which was fine for my understanding, but for the casual viewer, they probably didn't get.

Try to ignore this thread as much as possible, but is there a after the credits scene? Watching it Sunday. Thanks

no after credits, but it seems like Snyder was trying to be the opposite of Marvel and put those scenes in the movie :lol: there are many scenes in the movie that set up the upcoming movies.

Back
Top Bottom