DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I try to avoid any films in 3D like a plague these days. Not worth the extra $$$ and it can give you a headache.

Bats was solid on this film, that #preptime.

I also thought he did some good detective work, nothing extensive but it's there. Alfred even commented that sometimes Bruce is better at getting info than Batman.

Last edited:
yea I figured 3D was OUT.

I never watch movies in 3D but I asked because I feel like there's more times in 3D than regular for this

They filmed Cyborg's origin? This movie is mad bloated
laugh.gif
They didn't, I think he just assumes it will be because he was originally a football player and that's how they did it in JL: War.

I think it just got cut but I doubt he lost all his limbs and had to be turned bionic because he got tackled a bit too hard
laugh.gif
they literally showed dude with half a body turning into cyborg for the first time 
laugh.gif

There was no 2D showing for the advance screening until after 10 where I'm at, so I had to see it in 3D. There were maybe 2 or 3 scenes that were cool in 3D, but I forgot I had the glasses on and it was in 3D for the most part.

Do you think the vitriol over Lex is enough to recast him?
i like the direction they are going with the charcter 

looks like the events of this movie will make him a lot more serious and driven the next time we see him

after thinking about it, why the hell did they shave his head? he's going to jail, not the army. another one of those things that was kind of cool to see but when you think about it makes no sense 

They overdo it with the head game scenes. To the point where I wasn't sure if the Bats scene with Lex in jail was an hallucination or if it was real :lol: Which was it

after thinking about it, why the hell did they shave his head? he's going to jail, not the army. another one of those things that was kind of cool to see but when you think about it makes no sense 

They were prepping so he Bats could brand him on his head

:lol:

Half way through it and I love how it's basically the panel vs Campea 
laugh.gif

I side with Campea for the most part though, but I totally understand the rest of the panel.

The biggest question to me is

Why they couldn't just get Paul Dini? He did the animated stuff that everyone LOVES. Why Snyder?

DC is completely lost on the film side and on the comics side.

Its sad to see. :smh:

I just got back from watching it. Overall, I thought it was pretty good, though I understand the negatives.

Rating: 6/8

POSITIVES

- Visually stunning all around. Snyder is great at this and I'm sure Fong helped him out here too.

- The score was pretty good. I especially liked WW's theme.

- Irons did well as Alfred. He should get some more shine in the Batfleck solo film.

- Batfleck was great as a grizzled Bats. The beginning of him trying to protect his employees + the people in Metropolis was also cool.

- Every time I saw Amy Adams on screen, my peen got hard. She the type to tell you to shoot up the club, no dambs given.

- Small detail about Lex telling Mercy to go into the courtoom -- shows he's a cruel, sadistic dude -- this was very overlooked considering she died there

NEGATIVES

- It felt a little crammed. I understand they used this as a setup to JL, but I think the quick, Nolan-esque scenes were distracting.

- The snippets of the other heroes were cool, but the Momoa-man one was
eyes.gif

- Lex was still ehh to me. He acted like a whiny schoolboy (the awkward grunts) and I still didn't completely understand his motivation for the Bats/Supes fight. Did he just want to have power over Supes?

Last edited:

laugh.gif
that's another thing I wondered, why does batman brand criminals in places that can be hidden by a tshirt?
he needs to learn from lt aldo raine

laugh.gif
that's another thing I wondered, why does batman brand criminals in places that can be hidden by a tshirt?
Cuz they clappin' cheeks butt nekkid in jail bruv.

Just go early, I assume an 8am or 9am showing isn't going to be too packed even on a weekend.

Last edited:
comic book readers...I'm headed to the comic store now is there anything I can pick up that coincides with the movie.

I'm going to get the dark knight returns

Superman wise... idk but you're on point with the dark knight returns. Wait!

The Death of Superman

Last edited:

laugh.gif
Cuz they clappin' cheeks butt nekkid in jail bruv.
and you cant do that with a full head of hair? 

lex bout to pepper his angus for a bunch of mr cleans? 

One thing Snyder is a master of at least is capturing the graphic novel feel...certain scenes were ripped straight from the pages of TDKR and translated so fluidly to film :smokin

comic book readers...I'm headed to the comic store now is there anything I can pick up that coincides with the movie.

I'm going to get the dark knight returns

I guess Dark Knight returns. but that's a deep emotionally complex work. You should read that and ignore the movie.

The movie is not. Really the characters bare very little resemblance to what they are in the comics. or really any media previous to this.

One thing Snyder is a master of at least is capturing the graphic novel feel...certain scenes were ripped straight from the pages of TDKR and translated so fluidly to film :smokin

Couldn't disagree with this more, comics are comics and movies are movie, just becuase it works on the page doesn't mean it works on film.

The action sequences felt disjointed and confusing imo.

Back
Top Bottom