DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Seems like all types of media are channeling spice girls with the girl power stuff and shoving it down our throats.

I was able to finish all 10 seasons of smallville, I dunno how. I was much more tolerable when I was younger and there was no other superhero stuff on tv. If people complain how superman is a boring character then I hope somehow they make supergirl interesting. cbs was just desperate to get in the superhero show mix and got a character that is probably better as a secondary character in the upcoming jla movies.

I said it a while back, when the Supergirl pilot was leaked several months ago, but I am so onboard with the series. I got a real Devil Wears Prada vibe (which I love) and the action was solid. Benoist actually plays the vulnerable alter ego and tough superhero very well. What I liked the most is that she became Supergirl in one episode. I'm just so worn out with origin stories, that I'm glad they got it out of the way immediately. But I do have to reiterate, this is based off of the pilot, nothing more.

The Supergirl pilot looks like a show that should've premiered when Catwoman, Elektra, and Smallville was out. Couldn't watch the whole thing. Don't think I made it 20 minutes in.

:smh: :lol:

12112231_971114702948676_3827768144463238021_n.jpg

The Supergirl pilot looks like a show that should've premiered when Catwoman, Elektra, and Smallville was out. Couldn't watch the whole thing. Don't think I made it 20 minutes in.

Watching the trailer once was pretty much all I could take. Now I have to flip the channel whenever it comes on tv. Show just doesn't look like something I want any part of.

It's going to be interesting to see if Supergirl can make it through this season and beyond.

CBS is a big network. They cancel shows with ratings that would be acceptable by WB standards. 2 and higher is what they want but dunno if that's what they're going to get.

They'll probabaly just put supergirl on an ncis show or give her her own csi show if it gets cancelled.

Glad I'm not the only one tired of the overbearing "Girl Power she can kick your butt!" trend with female superheroes.

I couldn't really enjoy Captain Marvel's recent books because of that very fact.

The Jane Foster Thor series is fantastic but even there it gets a bit much sometimes

Just let these women breathe lol. We get that they're superheroes.

You don't see LOOK HE'S BLACK with Miles Morales or Sam Wilson as Cap

Last edited:
They should just let the females cook instead of constantly bringing attention to it. Xena never needed anyone cheerleading for her. Same with Faora in mos. They were bad mofos and just went out to give people whoopins.

Last edited:
They'll probabaly just put supergirl on an ncis show or give her her own csi show if it gets cancelled.
Nah she needs to go to Showtime next. Be on Shameless or House of Lies for a season :lol:

Then she can try being on actual good cable tv, a FX or AMC show.

If she had stayed on FOX she might've ended up on Scream Queens. Wouldn't be surprised if this is cancelled she ends up on the CW.

They should just let the females cook instead of constantly bringing attention to it. Xena never needed anyone cheerleading for her. Same with Faora in mos. They were bad mofos and just went out to give people whoopins.
Difference there is they were badasses.

These other heroes are also trying to be shown as role models to girls. So they keep getting that forced she's just as capable as a male superhero stuff put in to the narrative.

Wouldn't be a lot of these problems if they just got better writers who had a good story first and knew how to develop characters in an interesting way.

I saw a promo commercial or w/e with the Ally McBeal chick trying to rationalize to Supergirl that there's nothing wrong with her being called a girl with her saying she herself was a girl :lol: I just :rolleyes since it happened fast enough I didn't get to change the channel.

Last edited:
 Xena never needed anyone cheerleading for her. 

but xena had gabrielle? 

View media item 1760953
Far from her cheerleader.

That was her young padawan and companion. She tried to ditch her at first then Gab got some training from those warrior women, then Xena trained her in all sorts of **** all while she tried to document Xena's journeys and help her out diplomatically.

Good times that show was.

Is Ben Affleck gonna play batman in his suite and they gonna cgi his bulk? #pause

Or is there gonna be another actor in the bat suite?

Cuz Ben ain't that brolic

Is Ben Affleck gonna play batman in his suite and they gonna cgi his bulk? #pause

Or is there gonna be another actor in the bat suite?

Cuz Ben ain't that brolic
He bulked up a bit, but obviously a stuntman will be doing most of his action work.

I'm sure there are stuntmen who have similar chins.

Gabrielle was a real one. Xena's ride or die partner. I know fans wanted them to get together. The same way fans want rizzoli & isles to give each other's cooch a chance.

That series lasted a long time :lol: They did but it wasn't a big thing, they both went back to meat after. Then I think similar to what happened in Hercules Gabrielle died or became some goddess or something.

Gabrielle and my dude Iolaus both been through some stuff. Surprised a 4 way never happened with all of them.

I don't know if I just want to remember it that way, but there was definitely some sexual tension between Xena and Gabrielle at times. Had my young self sweatin'. :wow:

Back
Top Bottom