DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Actually that's interesting. Never heard those rumors.

I have the feeling he'd be the better Joker than Batman just cuz of Beetlejuice. Like a more focused version Tommy Lee Jones' crazy Two-Face.

would have been cool if the twist was that he went crazy and turned into the joker after years and years of fighting crime as batman

with flashbacks of batfleck being inspired by the old batman from the 80s 

That actually was what I assume ppl thought in that Batman Beyond story/ep where one of the Robins (I forget who, think it was Jason Todd) turned out to be the Joker "returned" until it was revealed it was a long term plan by the Joker as one last joke to turn a Robin in to him.

Batman turning so crazy he becomes the new Joker is one messed up story I'd like to see though :pimp:

Might go hand in hand with this idea that if Batman did kill the Joker, Gotham would give him something worse to face (which I think is bull ****).

That actually was what I assume ppl thought in that Batman Beyond story/ep where one of the Robins (I forget who, think it was Jason Todd) turned out to be the Joker "returned" until it was revealed it was a long term plan by the Joker as one last joke to turn a Robin in to him.

Batman turning so crazy he becomes the new Joker is one messed up story I'd like to see though
pimp.gif

Might go hand in hand with this idea that if Batman did kill the Joker, Gotham would give him something worse to face (which I think is bull ****).
what if being batman for too long turns you crazy and into the joker, but in a delusional way to keep the city safe he kills a kids parents and puts all the tools in place to turn him into the next batman and its a never ending cycle 

Right now the flash movie is the only movie I look fwd to in the entire cu except SS and GLs. Don't mind him being gay at all. But I can understand why hardcover fans would want a true to the original adaptation. But does him being gay or straight make a difference as long as the personality is intact (i.e. not a flamboyant dude who calls attention to his sexually every two seconds)

by making him gay they are calling attention to his sexuality. its not needed.

trying too hard

Batman turning so crazy he becomes the new Joker is one messed up story I'd like to see though :pimp:

I believe it was Tim Drake not Jason Todd. The Return of the Joker was awesome....pretty dark for a cartoon movie.

Right now the flash movie is the only movie I look fwd to in the entire cu except SS and GLs. Don't mind him being gay at all. But I can understand why hardcover fans would want a true to the original adaptation. But does him being gay or straight make a difference as long as the personality is intact (i.e. not a flamboyant dude who calls attention to his sexually every two seconds)
by making him gay they are calling attention to his sexuality. its not needed.

trying too hard
would be cool if they write it like the police chief in the flash tv show

just one throw away line in the movie "as long as im home in time for movie night or my boyfriend will get mad" 

Exclusive: HBO Eyeing ‘Watchmen’ TV Series from Zack Snyder

It’s with that in mind that we report that Snyder has been meeting with HBO to talk about a Watchmen TV series. Our sources tell us that the meetings about adapting the DC Comics property have taken place, but unfortunately we don’t have any details as to whether this would be a prequel series, a re-imagining of the events of the Watchmen story itself, or a sequel series.

Why can't WB get better producers and directors? Especially if it's gonna be on HBO.

Why get Snyder to botch Watchmen AGAIN?

:smh:

Watchmen was pretty decent, it's just that no adaptation of an Alan Moore work will ever do the source material justice

^

Besides the ending what was so bad about Watchman? It was pretty true to the comic.
True to the comic doesn't equate good movie. The **** was boring af. I legit tried to watch the whole thing 4-5 times, and never finished it.

^

Besides the ending what was so bad about Watchman? It was pretty true to the comic.
The acting for some of the cast, the pacing, the quality of how they told the story, and it was boring/bland because of the aforementioned.

To me the movie was Snyder cramming 12 issues in to 3 hrs. He kinda continues to show as a director he is all style and no substance. I won't completely **** on him for this though since for the most part most ppl fail in adapting Alan Moore comics.

I left very unsatisfied with Watchmen to say the least. In no way begins to reach the greatness of the comic. I've probably been more thorough in taking a part why this movie wasn't good in past threads.

What's worse with this new news is that the comic being adapted in to a show for HBO where it probably is best suited for is spoiled with Snyder's involvement.

Last edited:
Snyder is likely just going to be a producer anyways since he won't have the time with JL in his plate.

I wouldn't worry about it much because HBO seems pretty good with their shows for the most part, at least it's on there that TBS or TNT.

When I saw the movie I had read the comic maybe a month before. I probably don't have the same appreciation for the comic like some of you do..

I think the complaint I see the most was the ending, everyone wanted to see the giant squid. I thought the change was fine, it made more sense with the time. The squid did make less sense and kind of dated, would have been cool but nuke threat was better I thought.

People also expected more action or to get to it quick, again it is just impossible with the way the book was written/set-up. It was just better as a comic book format.

Last edited:
People keep saying the changed ending made sense for our time. That's bull ****.

Seems everybody is totally missing Moore's point by using that Outer Limits plot via Ozymandias in the context of where America and the rest of the world was in that story at the time. So much was lost throughout adapting from comic to movie script :smh:

Plus there's no need to harp on it being a squid. The main point is there is an alien threat that threatens ALL of humanity. You just have to get your costume/art/cgi guys to create a menacing alien squid monster that blows up in Times Square and kills millions (double down on that and do it around the world in places like London, Tokyo, and Moscow to drive home the point). Thus, forcing all of mankind to put aside petty differences and band together to face the alien threat (that really doesn't exist but that doesn't matter cuz by then Ozymandias would be ruling the world :pimp: ).

Back
Top Bottom