DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Mediocre / bad super hero movie fatigue is a real thing for sure…Spider-Verse and Guardians are doing fine…

Honestly the public is just tired of being fed crap…It’s been a steady decline for the DCEU for a while, Disney is feeling it now…Indiana Jones seems to be leaning this way as well…

If Barbie lands, coupled with Mario and now Spider-Verse, these major studios are going to have to rethink their approach going forward…People aren’t willing to pay for a movie just because it has big IP branding, it needs to actually be worth watching…

but that has always been Hollywoods problem.. they looked at the success of deadpool and took away the R rate humor instead of Ryan reynolds working well in that movie

a lot factors in with the flash

first ezras extra curricular activities did get a lot to boycott the film

then your main star not doing press hurts too

the gunn hyping it up as the greatest superhero film then it turns out to be not true got people staying away too especially when its not even close

then the drama behind the scenes and snyderdorks

the film really has to be the greatest cbm ever made to overcome all of that but that is also why they just had to get it out there and get it out of the way and be done with it

biggest thing to me is their track record

even with marvel post endgame I don’t feel compelled to be there opening weekend

I’ve never had a problem with spoilers.. my problem is what I’ll call the “antman/captain marvel”, I can just wait for these movies to hit Disney+, Hulu and/or MAX and avoid all the money i woild have spent on ticket(s), food, etc.

especially if I’m dealing with crowds and/or having people in seats next to me.. I purposely go to the movies during odd times to allow myself to be comfortable

I saw it last night… left a lil disappointed yet still liked it.

It’s like I finally smash this IG Thot.. but she was whack.. still smashed tho.

The nostalgia of the flashbacks had me like…
1687186045423.gif

I liked they brought light to how hilarious his running form is/was:lol:

So I always assumed Clooney/Kilmer was the same exact Batman as Keaton like how we just assume Terrence Howard/Cheadle is the same Rhodey. So does this movie separate the Schumacher movies from the first two Burton ones officially? Or is this a topic that youtubers can just make vids about debating since it's so vague?

Last edited:
Just glad Gunn doesn't have to pretend/fake that it's better than his own movie currently out anymore :lol:

I liked they brought light to how hilarious his running form is/was:lol:

So I always assumed Clooney/Kilmer was the same exact Batman as Keaton like how we just assume Terrence Howard/Cheadle is the same Rhodey. So does this movie separate the Schumacher movies from the first two Burton ones officially? Or is this a topic that youtubers can just make vids about debating since it's so vague?
They’re not the same Batman.

Man what? Really? This was not a good movie. Hell this was borderline BAD. Only saving grace were the Keaton scenes and some of the emotional beats between the 2 Barrys in the batcave. It only finally starts to get good in the 3rd act but even that is brought down by the cheap CGI.

Supergirl was straight. Could've used more of her.

4/8 and I'm being generous here
Yeah this movie was mid for me.

You start the movie with horrible CGI

This is more of a nitpick but it bothers me a little. His idea of travelling back in time without a consideration of anything going bad was lazy to me. I would've like if he had a more thought out plan. Something like that works for Spiderman in NWH because he's a kid. This Flash is grown.

Didn't care for Hermit Bruce's intro. But once he got going, he was the best part of the film.

The Future Flash villain was just bad. Missed opportunity to use Eobard Thawne.

Cara did nothing for me. Zod did nothing as well.

The hype around the movie doesn't measure up to the actual product. Can't believe the had Tom Cruise and James Gunn out here lyin.

Flash was entertaining, better than i anticipated but still not WOW. not that i was expecting it but they tried to hype it.
the stuff with his mom was good but he doesn't even question or investigate who killed her?
Kara Supes was 🔥
Keaton 🔥
Batfleck 🔥
the way flash runs is really dumb, like hes swimming.
cgi was terrible and if on purpose then even more :smh:
also all them TRASH *** cameos they did and not even a SLIGHT nod to Grant Gustin?

all in all it was ok. 5/8

i know we still have Aquaman2 to fully be done with the Snyderverse and signs point to Blue Beetle possibly being in the Gunnverse but i cant wait for Gunns take on the DCU.

i know we still have Aquaman2 to fully be done with the Snyderverse and signs point to Blue Beetle possibly being in the Gunnverse but i cant wait for Gunns take on the DCU.

Having re-watched Gunn's Suicide Squad and Peacemaker recently, it did jump out while watching the Flash that there wasn't really any musical videos thrown in, outside of the opening baby rescue:lol:

If he keeps co-signing these duds I think that may hurt him a little. May increase that doubt/concern.
Kinda seems as the new head he's a bit obligated to cosign these projects to help but clearly it doesnt mayter and they're all dead on arrival.

We'll see how he handles Aquabro 2 and BB next. Bet you he switches up quick :lol:

I saw it last night… left a lil disappointed yet still liked it.

It’s like I finally smash this IG Thot.. but she was whack.. still smashed tho.

The nostalgia of the flashbacks had me like…
1687186045423.gif

Attachments

• bunny-back-in-the-box.gif
    bunny-back-in-the-box.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 557
CGI didn’t bother me at all. But his runnin is ****in embarrassing :lol:

how are you the fastest man in the world and run with the worst technique? and the CGI in his running just throws me off and it has since Justice League and i couldn’t figure out why but i get it now - its the legs moving in slow motion but everything else going by fast. **** looks corny AF :lol: even the Flash show on CW had it down better than this. Bundle that up together and its just horrible man.

Cloney being at the end was a nice surprise. Would have been better if it was Bale IMO to really throw the internet into ablaze. Glad they kept Battinson away for now.

Back
Top Bottom