DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

MCU fatigue is a myth.

No reason DC shouldn't chase that bag especially when their source material is geared towards 10 year journeys to epic team up events.

Building a shared universe does not meant they're trying to keep pace with them MCU. It just means they're trying to build a shared cinematic universe.

Nothing at all so far indicates they're trying go catch up or keep up with Marvel.

Everything next year is the last of the Snyder era trash.

Cap.

i dont understand people anymore

i dont know if its the pandemic or im just washed and cant keep up with these gens mindset

but there is no point in watching a movie if its not going to be a part of the next slate of movies?

like what did these people do when there were no extended universe of anything? they did only watch titanic because they thought there was going to be titanic 2: the rising? they they thought there would be a saving private ryan again?

:lol:

i just dont understand peoples logic

i dont know if its the pandemic or im just washed and cant keep up with these gens mindset

but there is no point in watching a movie if its not going to be a part of the next slate of movies?

like what did these people do when there were no extended universe of anything? they did only watch titanic because they thought there was going to be titanic 2: the rising? they they thought there would be a saving private ryan again?

I think in this case there is no sense of continuation in their storylines after these films...I don't think the 'universe' is the key point here, but knowing that these movies were written with no additional storylines from these actors/characters coming to fruition later, or maybe they were written to have a continued storyline but now we are under the assumption that those storylines are going to lead to nowhere...

but you could argue the whole DCEU kinda been operating this way to begin with :lol:

The Batman is (as of now) not apart of any extended universe, but people still showed out for it.

DC’s problem is they seemingly viewed the competition with the MCU as a race, in terms of trying to rush to get to certain points

they could have just followed marvel and fully developed the individual characters and then build to an event which leads them all to working together.. and then continue building out and developing more and more characters and the universe

I think in this case there is no sense of continuation in their storylines after these films...I don't think the 'universe' is the key point here, but knowing that these movies were written with no additional storylines from these actors/characters coming to fruition later, or maybe they were written to have a continued storyline but now we are under the assumption that those storylines are going to lead to nowhere...

but you could argue the whole DCEU kinda been operating this way to begin with :lol:

The Batman is (as of now) not apart of any extended universe, but people still showed out for it.

shared universe or not, to me it just doesnt make sense to say the movies shouldnt be viewed anymore because it has no future..s what if the movie ends and we never see momoa as aquabro again?

why is there no point in watching it if its not going to lead to nowhere?

again, then whats the point of watching anything that has no sequel planned from the get go is the statement i am reading from that tweet

it just doesnt make sense to me, watch the movie for the story or the action or a combination of other things, not because its going to lead to something in the future

i think this is the problem with studios being obsessed with IPs and not much original content are being made, because people like those who cant be happy with a good standalone film, it always has to be a prequel to something so crappy stories get greenlit over good og content and that goes for wb/dc too, they greenlit all these “woke” films with ip just because

and as for batman, again i am not arguing for these fools like that in the tweet but if someone makes a batman film, its a given itll get a sequel, i mean the talks were already there before it even released and the countless gotham shows that was gon’ happen at hbo max

and im almost sure gunn isnt just going to release a movie without explaining anything about the prior films, there’s going to be some event that causes everything to change, they could do just a hard reboot but i think james is more creative than that especially in the dc comics where they got a ton of example on how to reset sh*t already :lol:

I legit know people that think Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers and the Pacific are in the same "multiverse" since they're about WW2. Had one dude try to convince me that John Basalone from the Pacific was in Easy Company from Band of Brothers. SMH. 😂😂😂

New trend bout to be #ReleaseTheSnyderFlashpoint now :lol:

we live in an endless loophole.

tgvmywignihaijvm.jpg

Happy they cut this Cyborg nonsense out of thr logo and most likely the team.

Just hope its not an all white JL again.

I don't see the reason in deleting the Supes and WW scenes. They're nor going forward with Miller as Flash or Momoa as Aquaman either. Let the Flash be the Swan song.

I do feel bad for Rock. He spent like a decade trying to get that movie made. Finally gets that movie made. Fights for Cavill to return. Hypes it all up with as much marketing as he can…

only for the movie to not break even and Cavill getting cancelled. I dont think any official word is out saying he won’t return, but he’s done :lol: not even 1 tweet that the movie is up on HBO Max now.

I havent even seen the movie yet :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom