DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Um idk about this. Like I’m not the biggest fan of GOTG, suicide squad was eh but I did like peacemaker. I didn’t think he was gonna go full scorched earth

That’s gonna suck for the blue beetle cast. No matter how good the movie may be, it ain’t gonna be apart of the new universe. So it’s a 1 and done

Gunn has been at work on the new Superman story for some time, insiders said, and the script will focus on the character’s life as a cub reporter in the fictional city of Metropolis. We’ll encounter him meeting key characters like colleague Lois Lane, insiders added. Additionally, Variety sources said the new Gunn project will not replace the previously announced JJ Abrams-Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman concept (which is still in active development).

I love it.

Bold moves.

Cant wait for announcements next year.

A younger Superman will be good. I bet theyre going for something similar to The Batman where there is no origin but this is still not a really experienced Superman.

This sucks the most for him but brush the dust off your shoulders, go back to The Witcher and do two more seasons faithful to the books and then come to Marvel baby.

I know The Rock is PIPING HOT RIGHT NOW :rofl: He is beyond mad. All that promo he did. Getting Cavill for that after credits and now he doesn't even get to beat up the Justice League like he wanted :lol: I know he is fuming.

Real shame there isn't a 3rd comic book company some conglomerate can churn out movies for. He'll have a shot but The Rock is going to have to grovel to Marvel or just dip out of superhero movies.
That’s gonna suck for the blue beetle cast. No matter how good the movie may be, it ain’t gonna be apart of the new universe. So it’s a 1 and done
I bet if they could they'd Batgirl Blue Beetle too.

:lol: if Gunn keeps Shazam.

Last edited:
I'm bummed we won't see Cavill as Superman again and I feel like it could have been a truly great role for him. We were robbed because Snyder is a lunatic.

As far as rebooting and redoing everything else. DC... I'm perfectly fine with it. I think their lack of direction, organization and planning has been obvious to most of the audience. I get wanting to tell your own story and if that involves rebooting it with a younger Superman then go for it but I'm disappointed we never got proper Superman movies with Henry Cavill.

Leave The Batman alone and do whatever the hell else you want with DC

Sucks for Henry, hopefully they can look at different multiverses down the line and bring him back in some capacity.

But the story is more important than the actors. Beyond happy to hear that they have a plan, even happier to hear that Gunn/Safran recognize that Superman is a key part in all of it and have his story front and center in their scheme.

big fan of them wiping the entire slate clean

i’ll even wipe the batman for the sake of an extended DCU and i like pattinson and the batman a lot

DC was a car wreck

my 8 year old self would be beside himself if i told him in 25 years we cared more about captain america than batman

Yea it’s weird they’re deciding to keep JJ’s Superman movie developing. These other movies that release next year are obsolete but have to release them to try to earn back money they spent on them.

Back
Top Bottom