DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

WW 84 suffered from too damn much, and most of which made no sense. Why was Steve back? And if they insisted on him coming back, why put him in someone else’s body? Creepy.

The Max plot line was unwieldy and quickly grew out of control.

Someone clearly believed that a WW vs Cheetah storyline wasn’t good enough. That two women couldn’t carry a big budget comic film. That idea goes directly against the reason why the first one was so successful, the way it made girls and women feel.

A sequel should have been a no brainer- let Gal be charming and Diana a badass on her own.

Last edited:
It's laughable that the ww84 script got approved. If Gunn and the new people weren't in charge, patty's garbage story for the third movie would've been greenlit.

I agree WW84 was garbage. Having Diana look weak, selfish and sneakily raped a random guy. The wishes seem so far fetched, and boy that CGI Cheetah did not look believable.

The first WW movie had heavy First Avengers vibes…It even had a guy named Chris playing a character named Steve crashing an airplane at the end ffs…

The World War stuff just did a good job at covering the cracks…

The second movie was borderline nonsensical…

and then sprinkle in the thor fish out water stuff plus a big silver villain at the end from the first Thor

plus ares using people and loki using manipulation to trick people

Steve finding this magical place, Jane looking for it

and forgot about her having/using lightening in the end fight til I went to look that sh up on YouTube just now

patty originally being involved for Thor 2 and then going to make Wonder Woman, doesn’t surprise me if she already had a ton of thoughts she figured she could use

and then sprinkle in the thor fish out water stuff plus a big silver villain at the end from the first Thor

plus ares using people and loki using manipulation to trick people

Steve finding this magical place, Jane looking for it

and forgot about her having/using lightening in the end fight til I went to look that sh up on YouTube just now

patty originally being involved for Thor 2 and then going to make Wonder Woman, doesn’t surprise me if she already had a ton of thoughts she figured she could use
Lol, you might be on to something.

Lol, you might be on to something.

I’ve seen and had seen enough Snyder movies to look beyond some clue actions scenes.. call it the Michael bay affect

When I saw people overrating that movie all I could think is they can’t be talking about the movie with the 2 villains we mostly saw pulling a Boris and Natasha

other than the easter egg on WW84, the movie was heavily underwhelming. I give Thor Crap and Blunder quite better. and that is saying that I piss on Crap and Blunder.

Rock should have waited for Gunn for something
Unlikely given how long Rock waited to make Black Adam.

A year or so back there were reports about how everything was up for grabs between JJ’s Superman and other DC projects, Gunn doing his own thing, The Rock’s Black Adam, Phillips’ Joker, and Reeves’ Batman. Back then they all had fairly equal shots of doing their own thing and maintaining it.

They all got their movies out except JJ and Rocks was one of the ones that underperformed.

No reason to wait for Gunn when he didn’t reach out and he already had his own thing going as a producer.

Unlikely given how long Rock waited to make Black Adam.

A year or so back there were reports about how everything was up for grabs between JJ’s Superman and other DC projects, Gunn doing his own thing, The Rock’s Black Adam, Phillips’ Joker, and Reeves’ Batman. Back then they all had fairly equal shots of doing their own thing and maintaining it.

They all got their movies out except JJ and Rocks was one of the ones that underperformed.

No reason to wait for Gunn when he didn’t reach out and he already had his own thing going as a producer.

i don’t mean the rock should have waited for Gunn in DC

rock should have worked with Gunn wherever he could.. just seems like what Gunn does and the good aspects of the rock, would work well together

Back
Top Bottom