DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

:lol:

Wasn't a fan of the casting at all but the first one was solid. No idea what they were going for with the 2nd one though

first one was basically a lesser version of a combo of first captain America movie and first Thor

movie even ends with a dude named Chris crashing a plane and then someone ending up showing up decades in the future

Wild that DC finally gets something right and they're leaning towards re-casting their most successful characters

:lol:

Wasn't a fan of the casting at all but the first one was solid. No idea what they were going for with the 2nd one though
It’s a shame what happened to the series. The Wonder Woman bank scene in Justice League is one of the best DCEU action scenes ever. She was never that badass again.

I hope it leaks fully. The more I hear about it the more trash it seems. Pretending Diana had a character arc when each movie takes place decades in between is ridiculous.
Wild that DC finally gets something right and they're leaning towards re-casting their most successful characters
What did they finally get right? :lol: :nerd:

To call these characters their "most successful" when more than half of them have never been depicted in film before or had their own solo movies is just plain ridiculous. When did Batffleck become the most successful Batman? :lol: :nerd:

Last edited:

I wonder if they were trying to get her to do the tired ol hero arch or was Wonder Woman just doing stuff? Seeing that the first one was ok and the second one was trash, Im leaning towards the latter. The studio could’ve been the reason why 1984 was trash..

The first WW movie had heavy First Avengers vibes…It even had a guy named Chris playing a character named Steve crashing an airplane at the end ffs…

The World War stuff just did a good job at covering the cracks…

The second movie was borderline nonsensical…

Last edited:
still cant get over ww pretty much raping a random dude

if the script was flipped and it was superman having sex with a random chick whose body was controlled by lois, supes woulda been cancelled already

I hope it leaks fully. The more I hear about it the more trash it seems. Pretending Diana had a character arc when each movie takes place decades in between is ridiculous.
What did they finally get right? :lol: :nerd:

To call these characters their "most successful" when more than half of them have never been depicted in film before or had their own solo movies is just plain ridiculous. When did Batffleck become the most successful Batman? :lol: :nerd:
DCU definitely trash, but Aquaman, wonder woman, supes are their 3 highest grossing movies and looking at recasts

Recast is mandatory…Any soft reboot is just going to have the Snyder-verse hanging around its neck like a giant dead fish…

It sucks for Cavill since he really did deserve to have a good Superman movie, but let’s be honest here, this should’ve ended five years ago…Financials aside, the DCU peaked with MoS…Everything that came after that so-so film was either on par with it, or outright worse…

For some reason the revolving door of execs at WB just kept throwing money at this train wreck…They got lucky with AM and the first WW being as financially successful as they were 🤷‍♂️…To quote my man Sidney Deane “even the sun shines on a dogs *** some days”…The writing was on the wall after Justice League but they kept on pushing along…

Black Adam tanking just feels like the general movie going audience saying ~ we’ve had enough of this **** ~

DCU definitely trash, but Aquaman, wonder woman, supes are their 3 highest grossing movies and looking at recasts
My point being you can't call this the most successful iteration when there has never been an Aquaman or Wonder woman movie before. Its the first one.

Its like saying after the first super bowl this was the best one yet. ***** what?

You can separate Superman given the two previous versions but that's it.

Last edited:
Damn. Gunn ain’t playing. Safran getting a chance to be cutthroat behind the scenes.

Exactly which things were not true according to Gunn then? :lol: :nerd:

Damn so either even higher ups made the decision to axe WW3 or Gunn and Safran leaked a lie about how rejecting Patty and her script wasn't their decision or Patty rejected notes and walked off the project.

Back
Top Bottom