"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

i take it some of you were at the arclight screening last night? swear people fussing over seats for a free movie
mean.gif

Reviews should be like this

Go see now

Worth the watch

Watch but no rush

Bootleg watch worthy

Red box it

Garbage but good for LOL's

Garbage

Trash, never watch

Spider-Man 3 status

My review of Days of Future Past:

Worth seeing, in theater, especially for the 3D. Rest of the review has minor spoilers, I tried not to reveal TOO much, but there is some in there.

First off, I fully expect some people to still be angry, call it garbage, waste, this is wrong, that was wrong, everything was wrong, etc etc. I know those people are coming. No big deal.

X3 screwed so much stuff up, it’s almost like there was no way to completely fix all that damage. This patches some things, and helps, but I won’t pretend like all is well in X-Men land now after just this film.

That said, I’m ok with this film. It’s not Cap 2, not IM1, not the Dark Knight, but it’s not Ghost Rider 2 or X3 either. I was meh, on the Future part, 2023 or whatever, but once they set up why Logan has to go back, and how, etc, I was like alright, let’s go, come on. And once he went back to 1973, it felt like a true First Class sequel. And that part of the equation was pretty solid. It’s like they paused the crap, Iceman, Rogue, Storm off to the side, but focused on the good part of the franchise with Wolverine, Fassbender, McAvoy, and Lawrence. I found that interesting.

I should get this out of the way, yes, they screwed up the origins by sending Logan back in time, everyone has “yet another Wolverine movie” on their minds, but that didn’t feel like the case this time. He doesn’t run the whole film, for a change. He’s there, you see him, you feel him around, but he doesn’t dominate every scene, he’s more background noise than any of the other X-Men films. That’s a positive start.

Fassbender may just be the best thing in this franchise. I am loving his work right now. He was GREAT, again. Just like First Class, he is the best part of this film too. And he and McAvoy do solid work together. (interesting note, on the plane, they carry the scene, their dialogue, speaking, back and forth, chess, etc etc, Logan sleeps in the background. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Like I said, Logan is around, but at least he doesn’t dominate every scene.

Fassbender and Lawrence, as Magneto and Mystique really are interesting together. I really like them on screen and what their relationship is. There’s something there, a real “tension” if you will. I really liked the play Magneto made in the conference room with her and Trask. I didn’t see that coming, but it was a solid payoff. Those two alone should have a spinoff, and I bet that movie would be better than any of the others to date.

Quicksilver scene was incredible. I can’t believe it. I expected so much trash from that character, and instead he had the whole theater on his side. Really cool part. Hope he can be used more going forward.

Couple things I need to see stopped, asap. Stop shooting Logan and dropping the bullets back onto the floor. You do it EVERY movie, give it a damn rest. Second, stop with the Mystique switching back and forth and back and forth and back and back and back, we get it, the ***** can change bodies, we know, ok, got it, please move on with that crap.

Xavier’s hover chair. :pimp:

I was…..ok, with the whole Xavier walking thing. Eh. I assume the comic doesn’t have that, and it will be eye rolled by the comic readers, and it’s a stretch, to be sure, but for this movieverse, it worked enough. Easier than wheeling dude around everywhere I guess.

Trask and Nixon were done pretty well. I was impressed by that, hell, the Nixon guy was pretty freaking uncanny. The Sentinels themselves……not too bad. They were certainly threats, and dangerous, and showed the level of strength they possessed, but if you expect armies upon armies of them, you kinda only see like 7 do any real work. You see a few background shots of armies of them, but like I said, actual doing work ones you only get a handful. I kinda wished they could have expanded that to a full on force of them, against a full on force of X-men characters, but like I said, no way to incorporate every need into just this one film.

The ending payoff was sort of……welcome. I like some of the reveals they did, and how they closed it. Despite everything I know is wrong with the franchise, at the end of the film, I felt happy, like maybe we’re coming out of the bad stuff, and we might start seeing some of the greatness we deserve. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe Apocalypse will be just another film extending time, and then another film, and another, etc etc and it will all end up with 10 films, and maybe 2 full films worth of solid material, I don’t know. But when the credits rolled, I was at least more hopeful than when I went in.

Maybe, just maybe, some things have been fixed. Maybe they will start to lessen Logan’s role as he has aged and start to focus on other characters, like Fassbender, or maybe even recast some things to get older characters on screen in a better way. We’ll see.

After the credits, def stay around. There is a scene for you to take in.

Like I said, I know there are things that will be picked apart, and rightfully so. It’s not an elite comic book movie, but it’s a better effort than we’ve seen. If I tried to rank them all, it would look something along the lines of…..

X2
First Class
X1
DoFP
The Wolverine
Origins Wolverine
X3

Right there in the middle somewhere, I think. Maybe it could slot above 1, I’d need to rewatch 1 again to reassess.

Now, we’ll see if Apocalypse really brings it back into a good place, or if we just start all over with more crap and Logan front and centerness. :lol:

Worth seeing, in theater, especially for the 3D. Rest of the review has minor spoilers, I tried not to reveal TOO much, but there is some in there.

First off, I fully expect some people to still be angry, call it garbage, waste, this is wrong, that was wrong, everything was wrong, etc etc. I know those people are coming. No big deal.

X3 screwed so much stuff up, it’s almost like there was no way to completely fix all that damage. This patches some things, and helps, but I won’t pretend like all is well in X-Men land now after just this film.

That said, I’m ok with this film. It’s not Cap 2, not IM1, not the Dark Knight, but it’s not Ghost Rider 2 or X3 either. I was meh, on the Future part, 2023 or whatever, but once they set up why Logan has to go back, and how, etc, I was like alright, let’s go, come on. And once he went back to 1973, it felt like a true First Class sequel. And that part of the equation was pretty solid. It’s like they paused the crap, Iceman, Rogue, Storm off to the side, but focused on the good part of the franchise with Wolverine, Fassbender, McAvoy, and Lawrence. I found that interesting.

I should get this out of the way, yes, they screwed up the origins by sending Logan back in time, everyone has “yet another Wolverine movie” on their minds, but that didn’t feel like the case this time. He doesn’t run the whole film, for a change. He’s there, you see him, you feel him around, but he doesn’t dominate every scene, he’s more background noise than any of the other X-Men films. That’s a positive start.

Fassbender may just be the best thing in this franchise. I am loving his work right now. He was GREAT, again. Just like First Class, he is the best part of this film too. And he and McAvoy do solid work together. (interesting note, on the plane, they carry the scene, their dialogue, speaking, back and forth, chess, etc etc, Logan sleeps in the background. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Like I said, Logan is around, but at least he doesn’t dominate every scene.

Fassbender and Lawrence, as Magneto and Mystique really are interesting together. I really like them on screen and what their relationship is. There’s something there, a real “tension” if you will. I really liked the play Magneto made in the conference room with her and Trask. I didn’t see that coming, but it was a solid payoff. Those two alone should have a spinoff, and I bet that movie would be better than any of the others to date.

Quicksilver scene was incredible. I can’t believe it. I expected so much trash from that character, and instead he had the whole theater on his side. Really cool part. Hope he can be used more going forward.

Couple things I need to see stopped, asap. Stop shooting Logan and dropping the bullets back onto the floor. You do it EVERY movie, give it a damn rest. Second, stop with the Mystique switching back and forth and back and forth and back and back and back, we get it, the ***** can change bodies, we know, ok, got it, please move on with that crap.

I was…..ok, with the whole Xavier walking thing. Eh. I assume the comic doesn’t have that, and it will be eye rolled by the comic readers, and it’s a stretch, to be sure, but for this movieverse, it worked enough. Easier than wheeling dude around everywhere I guess.

Trask and Nixon were done pretty well. I was impressed by that, hell, the Nixon guy was pretty freaking uncanny. The Sentinels themselves……not too bad. They were certainly threats, and dangerous, and showed the level of strength they possessed, but if you expect armies upon armies of them, you kinda only see like 7 do any real work. You see a few background shots of armies of them, but like I said, actual doing work ones you only get a handful. I kinda wished they could have expanded that to a full on force of them, against a full on force of X-men characters, but like I said, no way to incorporate every need into just this one film.

The ending payoff was sort of……welcome. I like some of the reveals they did, and how they closed it. Despite everything I know is wrong with the franchise, at the end of the film, I felt happy, like maybe we’re coming out of the bad stuff, and we might start seeing some of the greatness we deserve. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe Apocalypse will be just another film extending time, and then another film, and another, etc etc and it will all end up with 10 films, and maybe 2 full films worth of solid material, I don’t know. But when the credits rolled, I was at least more hopeful than when I went in.

Maybe, just maybe, some things have been fixed. Maybe they will start to lessen Logan’s role as he has aged and start to focus on other characters, like Fassbender, or maybe even recast some things to get older characters on screen in a better way. We’ll see.

Like I said, I know there are things that will be picked apart, and rightfully so. It’s not an elite comic book movie, but it’s a better effort than we’ve seen. If I tried to rank them all, it would look something along the lines of…..

X2
First Class
X1
DoFP
The Wolverine
Origins Wolverine
X3

Right there in the middle somewhere, I think. Maybe it could slot above 1, I’d need to rewatch 1 again to reassess.

Now, we’ll see if Apocalypse really brings it back into a good place, or if we just start all over with more crap and Logan front and centerness. :lol:
What happened to the original xmen from first class
Do they help try and stop the assassination????
I read the wiki and confused on a lot of stuff like why didn't magneto just tell mystique to call it off if he sent her there. Also why didn't wolverine get sent back to BEFORE mystique was suppose to kill dude that way they not running all around to catch up with her

X2
First Class
X1
DoFP
The Wolverine
Origins Wolverine
X3

I read the wiki and confused on a lot of stuff like why didn't magneto just tell mystique to call it off if he sent her there. Also why didn't wolverine get sent back to BEFORE mystique was suppose to kill dude that way they not running all around to catch up with her

He was sent back to BEFORE she was going to kill Trask. He had to gather Charles and Eric first, and that part wasn't easy. This part of the equation is explained pretty well, and does a decent job.
OG first Class was explained as mostly being dead. Trask had killed a few of them, and ran tests on them for the Sentinal program. Like Emma, Azazel, etc.

Eric is not the one that sent Mystique. He tried to stop her another way, a very interesting way actually.

X2
First Class
X1
DoFP
The Wolverine
Origins Wolverine
X3

He was sent back to BEFORE she was going to kill Trask. He had to gather Charles and Eric first, and that part wasn't easy. This part of the equation is explained pretty well, and does a decent job.
OG first Class was explained as mostly being dead. Trask had killed a few of them, and ran tests on them for the Sentinal program. Like Emma, Azazel, etc.

Eric is not the one that sent Mystique. He tried to stop her another way, a very interesting way actually.
Movie sounds like a red box/netflix type of deal

X2
First Class
X1
DoFP
The Wolverine
Origins Wolverine
X3

can you elaborate on the extra scene at the end credits?

X2
First Class
X1
DoFP
The Wolverine
Origins Wolverine
X3

Not without flat out telling you who it is. If you want to know that, I will tell you, otherwise it's best to wait and see it. Your call.

X2
First Class
X1
DoFP
The Wolverine
Origins Wolverine
X3

Not without flat out telling you who it is. If you want to know that, I will tell you, otherwise it's best to wait and see it. Your call.

i already know the ending credit scene. im more interested in details. play by play of sorts. were the quad og or alternate :nerd: . cant spoiler cause im on mobile. trying to code that as best as i can :lol: :smh:

Read the wiki and was mostly disappointed but that's Bryan Singer for you.

CP I need some clarification

In the end after they're successful Wolverine goes back to a new timeline where everybody is back alive again, Jean and Scott too? So that future timeline is a new one and that bad one is erased?

I wanted the future to be a mystery from her on out

Read the wiki and was mostly disappointed but that's Bryan Singer for you.

CP I need some clarification

In the end after they're successful Wolverine goes back to a new timeline where everybody is back alive again, Jean and Scott too? So that future timeline is a new one and that bad one is erased?

I wanted the future to be a mystery from her on out

yes

Zik, yes, essentially. Hence my mentioning of "hope" going forward.

Also, looked to be a physical appearance change on a key member, not clear what it means yet. Will mention when others see and notice as well.

Also, looked to be a physical appearance change on a key member, not clear what it means yet. Will mention when others see and notice as well.

my inbox is ready :nerd:

Never understood that. A maskless wolverine is like having a capeless superman, or a earless batman. It's part of who he is. :smh:

my inbox is ready :nerd:

:nerd:
:nerd:

:lol: :lol: Y'all go watch the dang movie.

Here you go, the after credit scene, and what I noticed at the end as well.

End scene
Logan comes back to the "present" and if I noticed right (and I think I did) he appeared to have gray hair, on each side of his head, as if he has aged, finally. In terms of what that means, I don't know for sure, but when he speaks with Xavier, it also appears to have "unlocked" Logan's memory, the ones he was searching for in X1. Not sure I'm right there, maybe I'm reaching, but that's the feel I took from it. Xavier asked him, what was the last thing Logan remembered talking to him about, and Logan mentioned 73, and Xavier was happy, like he had finally unlocked the right path, and they had much to discuss.

After credits scene
In a desert somewhere, you hear chanting, and you see a figure standing alone in the sane, waving arms around, the camera moves forward, and as it reaches close by, you see thousands of people on their knees praying in the same as the figure stands on a high dune. Then you start to see like Pyramids and stuff floating around in the air, spinning, forming, etc, and the camera comes around the side, and in the background, you see 4 figures on horses, and what appears to be the new face of Apocalypse.

Back
Top Bottom