"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Master Zik Master Zik call me Crazy as well as naive then because you know like I know a Thor movie wouldn't even have been considered if it weren't for the comic book fans.

...and LOTR: Return of the King and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 both made a billie. The latter made more than IM3 pleighboi >D
Thor movie being made aint had **** to do with comic book fans.

That was all Kevin Feige. He had a plan. It was to lead up to Avengers. He used what he had to do it. Namely 3 Avengers solo movies.

Pay attention to the situation and circumstances. I said it a few posts back. A lot of variables, more important ones led to the billion dollar Avengers franchise. If Marvel still had the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man there most likely wouldn't even be an Avengers movie and if it did Wolverine and Spidey would've been in it front and center. Marvel studios would've definitely took less chances. Plus you talking like Thor or Cap did amazing #s in the box office. Now you just pushing back the goal posts on your wild argument to say comic book fans are responsible for comic book movies period :lol: The whole reason those movies got made was because of the phase 1 and phase 2 planning. All those after credit scenes and established shared universe connectivity in the stories themselves is what got those movies the green light. Keep in mind had Avengers flopped there probably wouldn't even be sequels to Cap or Thor.

Also good thing I wouldn't know Potter wise but you're talking about the 8th and final Harry Potter flick. Avengers was the first Avengers and all it had was the lead up of a post credit scene in Incredible Hulk and four movies in IM1, IM2, Cap, and Thor. Same **** goes for Return of The King. If you think it was just book readers that caused it to get to a billion on the last movie of the trilogy then yes you are crazy, naive and delusional.
Ehh, I still believe that comic book fans make up a very small percentage of the movie going public. They are the most rabid of all the movie goers and the most loud, but they're just not as important as the casual movie goer. I always go back to something like Scott Pilgrim vs the World which came out in 2010. Got rave reviews at Comic-Con and was a critical success. Released during a time when comic book films were really on its' upswing. Real creative and something that should have had cross over appeal. At the end of the day, it bombed and was dismal failure at the box office. Same could be said about Karl Urban's Dredd.

Being a follower of comic books since 90-91, I'd like to think I was integral in helping get these films made, but those would just be delusions of grandeur. No matter how much I told my friends about Dolph Lungdren's Punisher, ain't no one cared. Same with hyping the Corman, Fantastic Four film (which was eventually canned). :lol:
I know I aint the only realizing how deluded this talk is. Son is trying to take full responsibility for this and a cb fan :lol:

MCU has been able to kill two birds with one stone. One of those stones is much larger tho. Star Trek, Transformers, X-Men, and many others displease their hardcore fans and make enough money where they dont care. MCU thankfully aint on that list but if they decided not to be true to the characters and still became a worldwide phenomena Disney would give no *****. The hardcore audience of those flicks stopped caring and tbt they could make a decent amount much more films.

Last edited:
The casual movie goer just wants to see special effects and explosions. The comic book fan is the guy who starts clapping when Thanos' appears or when Tony Stark and James Rhodes' are getting drunk to a Ghostface song (Wu-tang heads >D) or a Doc Strange reference. These are the guys who change the movie experience for the casual guys, make them do their research and then in turn become fans of the characters. Or maybe I'm naive and everyone thought Loki was a great villain before 2011...
Casual movie goers keep coming back to see movies. CB fans don't. Simple as that

And no Loki aint no great villain. That's something I'd say is a clear product of casual movie goers. The Loki in the movie aint never been compelling to me and that's after I acknowledge the potential there was for him.

Every casual movie goer isn't gonna give a **** that you clapped when random bald head SHIELD agent turned bad guys gives some vague statement about a devil in Hell's Kitchen. However, they're gonna keep coming back to see Hulk, IM, and Thor tear **** up.

That's just how it is. You should be able to realize that with any friend that regularly goes to see the blockbuster movie every summer, that goes see the big hyped movie during the holidays. Any friend that tells you he's going to see the next Transformers sequel or Avatar 2.

That guy that's going to see the TMNT movie? It's ppl like him that made Avengers gross over a billion. Not cb fans.

Last edited:

That was all Kevin Feige. He had a plan. It was to lead up to Avengers. He used what he had to do it. Namely 3 Avengers solo movies.

Pay attention to the situation and circumstances. I said it a few posts back. A lot of variables, more important ones led to the billion dollar Avengers franchise. If Marvel still had the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man there most likely wouldn't even be an Avengers movie and if it did Wolverine and Spidey would've been in it front and center. Marvel studios would've definitely took less chances. Plus you talking like Thor or Cap did amazing #s in the box office. Now you just pushing back the goal posts on your wild argument to say comic book fans are responsible for comic book movies period :lol: The whole reason those movies got made was because of the phase 1 and phase 2 planning. All those after credit scenes and established shared universe connectivity in the stories themselves is what got those movies the green light. Keep in mind had Avengers flopped there probably wouldn't even be sequels to Cap or Thor.

Also good thing I wouldn't know Potter wise but you're talking about the 8th and final Harry Potter flick. Avengers was the first Avengers and all it had was the lead up of a post credit scene in Incredible Hulk and four movies in IM1, IM2, Cap, and Thor. Same **** goes for Return of The King. If you think it was just book readers that caused it to get to a billion on the last movie of the trilogy then yes you are crazy, naive and delusional.

There is a reason the first LOTR didn't do a Billie but the last one did. Because casual movie goers jumped on the bandwagon to see what the hype was about where as die hard fans were the only one that cared when the first one dropped. That effect is the same with the MCU. Outside of Hulk, who gave a **** about the rest of the avengers? Feige wouldn't have the balls to do all these phases if they weren't embraced by the comic fan and then in turn the casual audience.

There is a reason the first LOTR didn't do a Billie but the last one did. Because casual movie goers jumped on the bandwagon to see what the hype was about where as die hard fans were the only one that cared when the first one dropped.
This is exactly what I said about Avengers from the start. The casual movie goer made it the billion dollar franchise it is not cb fans. You're trying to make it sound like only cb fans went to see Iron Man, Thor, and Cap. That's not true. Like you don't understand how this marketing stuff works. The Batman movies being a success just cuz it's based on a comic indirectly helped the MCU become a success. That's how it is in Hollywood. They see a trend work and they follow it and try to capitalize on it as best they can. It's a damn obvious pattern and it isn't stupid. So for most casual movie goers all they need to hear is it's a superhero movie for them to show up. They see the action and they're there.

It becoming more and more of a success is dependent on how good the movie actually is. That's what separates the MCU from everybody else. They had a plan everybody else didn't. DC/WB survive off Batman and Supes but once they saw Avengers and IM3 #s they said lets start planning **** (as sloppily put together as it currently looks they're still planning). X-Men just kept doing **** to do it, did half *** reboot and it did lower #s despite it being a better movie than the past ones only for them to try to capitalize on it not being a reboot with DoFP and bringing back familiar faces while attempting to do it all over again with the Apocalypse movie. Same goes for SM1 and ASM1. Those dips in box office #s are casual movie goers not watching not cb fans not embracing a movie. Diehard Spidey and X-Men fans (which isn't a huge #) will most likely keep watching these movies cuz they're diehard fans but they don't make the big difference.

That effect is the same with the MCU. Outside of Hulk, who gave a **** about the rest of the avengers? Feige wouldn't have the balls to do all these phases if they weren't embraced by the comic fan and then in turn the casual audience.
This has nothing to do with being embraced by cb fans. Embracement does not lead to billion dollar franchises. Cap and Thor were not some grass roots movement that finally found mainstream success.

The MCU movies are good movies. That's why they're still here and that's why they make so much money. It's marvel studios that decide to make the movie before any fan says anything. Lack of embracing the movie isn't going to stop them from making movies. They're going to make it anyway. Aint nobody asked for a Guardians of the Galaxy movie but Marvel is giving it to us anyway. that **** was completely out the blue but because of what they've already done and reputation that's how they keep the hype machine working.

Plenty comic book fans keep embracing the idea of a crossover of Spidey and X-Men in to Avengers movies but that's not going to happen. Embracing something alone does not lead to what we have now.

Last edited:
^^ and what I'm saying is that comic book fans are the nucleus. The MCU movies are beyond good but it came from an amalgamation of things namely the fact that these comic book heroes were interpreted and for the most part, properly on screen. A film like guardians, they're banking on the fans to spread the hype. They could go the safer route right? Throw in BP in phase 2 instead of guardians. He has a cool suit, he's similar to batman, he'll sell toys right? Why do a talking raccoon and company movie if it has the slightest chance of failing when you can go a safer route? Because comic fans will embrace it, good or bad and casual fans will approve of it assuming the script is good. Both are needed to make it or any of these films a success I'll admit and you opened my eyes to that. But if and when spiderman and wolverine appear in the Avengers films, will it be because of the CB fan who's been whining for it or because of the casual fan who already proved they'd watch the film regardless and didn't even know spiderman and wolverine were part of the avengers...

^^ and what I'm saying is that comic book fans are the nucleus. The MCU movies are beyond good but it came from an amalgamation of things namely the fact that these comic book heroes were interpreted and for the most part, properly on screen. A film like guardians, they're banking on the fans to spread the hype. They could go the safer route right? Throw in BP in phase 2 instead of guardians. He has a cool suit, he's similar to batman, he'll sell toys right? Why do a talking raccoon and company movie if it has the slightest chance of failing when you can go a safer route? Because comic fans will embrace it, good or bad and casual fans will approve of it assuming the script is good. Both are needed to make it or any of these films a success I'll admit and you opened my eyes to that. But if and when spiderman and wolverine appear in the Avengers films, will it be because of the CB fan who's been whining for it or because of the casual fan who already proved they'd watch the film regardless and didn't even know spiderman and wolverine were part of the avengers...
I disagree. CB fans can be the nucleus that doesn't matter, that only goes as far as the comics. CB fans on their own are not enough to keep a movie trilogy going let alone a whole shared cinematic universe of multiple superhero movies and tv shows.

Marvel is not banking on fans to spread the hype of GoTG. They're banking on their reputation thus far and fans expectations and with that in mind they're still aware it's a risk and aren't expecting huge box off #s based off their name but based on the quality of the movie. Not the even smaller amount of Guardians of the Galaxy comic book fans, which I'm apart of, and I can tell you the run they're adapting couldn't even be sustained as a comic. No, they're not relying on those ppl. That'd be insane and stupid if Keving Feige said back then sure lets do a GoTG movie instead of a Hulk movie, cb fans will embrace this stuff anyway and eventually movie goers will be curious enough to check it out too :lol: If you believe that you're delusional.

Black Panther is not the safer route. I don't know how you came up with that. There hasn't been a black superhero based off the comics on the big screen since Blade. Not to mention BP is in the same situation IM was in with his movie and he doesn't have the cool *** armor to bank off. The safe move would've been a Hulk movie. Also Black Panther is NOT similar to Batman. That's just bull ****. He's a prince (or King) of an African nation chosen by their Panther GOD not some millionaire orphan with a mission to wipe out crime in his city. Like that was a piss poor attempt to even float the idea that Black Panther got put aside as the safe choice so Marvel could do a space movie about a team even many cb fans don't know about cuz the cb fans of GoTG will embrace that more. That's pure bull ****. GoTG got the nod cuz of it's pros; aliens, space, and action done in a Marvel way.

As far as GotG, if you think cb fans embracing it will carry it to opening day that's your naiveté showing again. Regardless it does have its selling points. It has it's pros and cons. A talking raccoon will sell toys more than Black Panther would. Same for a talking tree. At this point in the game cb fans don't even matter. MCU already has its rep to live off of and unlike any other group of superhero movies in Hollywood they have an established shared universe which is their main selling point. It's why AOS did such huge #s it's first ep and why once they saw what the show consisted of it did less and less #s.

I'd love to see you spin some hype for Antman though. Seems you'll have cb fans take the credit for anything. So if that flops your tune is gonna change to what? There aren't a lot of fans of Antman in comics? And if it succeeds somehow cb fans managed to spread it to millions that the guy who can shrink and control ants is gonna be a must see summer movie after Avengers 2.

As for the last part, the crossover is not happening any time soon and when it does fans aren't going to say I didn't know Wolverine and Spidey were in the Avengers. The casual movie goer was already expecting Spidey, Wolverine, Batman, and Superman in Avengers and were wondering why they didn't show up. When Marvel does do it (most likely cuz FOX and SONY give the rights back) it's cuz it's a damn no brainer. Spidey is iconic. Wolverine is still one of the most popular breakthrough cb characters going back to the last century. They do it cuz it'll make them more money easily.

Last edited:
I wonder why no 7 or 8 pm showings on Thursday. It seems like that's the norm now.

Last edited:
It's either sold out or reserved for an early screening giveaway and in some cases, they post the earlier times late. At least that's the case in the theater I go to.

I was actually invited to an exclusive screening in a farther venue (same theater, different location) where it's an early screening (8pm) and followed up with a Q&A with Shawn Ashmore (Ice-Man), Evan Peters (Quicksilver), Omar Sy (Bishop) and producer Lauren Shuler Donner.

Last edited:
I was just looking for tickets and I just realized.. this isn't going to be released in IMAX. I guess I may have just assumed it was because so many blockbusters are upscaled to IMAX, but anyone seeing any IMAX showings? All I see are 2D, Real D 3D and Digital 3D. Weird.

It was that bad. It was only slightly better than the **** coming out of Fox. Me and my brother were laughing like "The **** are we watching?"

3d always, and I mean ALWAYS, sucks for me
I agree. I just cant do 3D. I have two friends who keep insisting that 3D is much better these days and I should give it a second chance, but the damage is done. And that weird feeling you have in the middle of your eyes doesnt help.

You never read Scott Pilgrim before you saw it?

Nope. I never read it. As a guy who would never fight over a *****, "Scott likes Ramona. To date her, all he has to do is defeat all seven of her evil ex-boyfriends. Can he do it? Dude, he is the hero" was the weakest plot synopsis I could imagine.

Like pac said "Only soft ****** beef over a *****"

Back
Top Bottom