"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

wait i remember hearing wolverine or the wolverine wont be canon for this film
so what about sabertooth and wolverine being brothers???
what about getting adamantium skeleton???
what about losing adamantium claws???
what about the girl he took with him from japan???
what about bullet to the head???

Nothing bruh, nothing. Consider it a dream sequence movie

I mean at least the film is getting good reviews, so there's at least hope that it'll be a good story.

Weapon_XI.jpg

You trying to tell me this ain canon? :lol:

^lol I was just about to say at least the current rumors are that a 616 based Deadpool will come and kill that deadpool.

They should make Dogpool kill him.

Why they chose to integrate the reboot with the old movies is beyond me. They just wanted to cash out

Money. If they never really reboot, more people will show up, because it's something familiar. Instead of working to win people over again like Sony had to with Amazing Spider-man, they can just say...here's more, come get it.

And Hugh Jackman, obviously.

he never mentions that there are no sentinels in X1 or X2, which seems to play a very significant role in the events prior to those movies and after (as shown in the trailers)

Money. If they never really reboot, more people will show up, because it's something familiar. Instead of working to win people over again like Sony had to with Amazing Spider-man, they can just say...here's more, come get it.

Jackman had a cameo in FC. Also everyone thought it was a reboot. They should've been over the winning people back phase.

Jackman had a cameo in FC. Also everyone thought it was a reboot. They should've been over the winning people back phase.

I mean DoFP more than FC. Look at the hype bringing back og Prof X and Magneto gave this movie. And Hugh Jackman, obviously. :lol:

People thought FC was a reboot so less people showed up than any X-Men movie.

Not doing a straight up X-Men: 2nd Class is their version of bringing in Batman.

Why is any blockbuster movie not being shot on IMAX these days? Doesnt it future proof the resolution if nothing else?

Last edited:
Why is any blockbuster movie not being shot on IMAX these days? Doesnt it future proof the resolution if nothing else?

IMAX is supposed to be really impractical to use. I guess the cameras are massive, weigh a ton and aren't easy to move around. It takes a while to reload. And they're so loud that you probably have to dub audio in later. Plus it's expensive to work with and IMAX theaters will play your normal movies anyways if you upscale it.

Because IMAX cameras are more expensive and not all screens accommodate IMAX anyways so it's kind of pointless. Most IMAX theaters actually aren't even real IMAX, which I just find weird.

Even Nolans Batrilogy only has a few scenes shot in IMAX.

^ Because James Cameron is a box office GOD :lol:

Also it was revolutionary for its use of 3D and it turned Avatar into an event film which NEEDED to be seen at theaters at the time.

That box office run was ridiculous....it grossed $70m the first weekend, which was an ok #, but then the second weekend it literally dropped 0% (most movies drop around 50-60%) and made another $70m again :x

It was a box office run that nobody had seen since Cameron's last movie, Titanic, and maybe we'll see it again for Avatar 2. I doubt it though.

To add, it's also one of those movies that people went out to see multiple times. Which you don't usually get unless it's diehard fans for comic book movies or a particular franchise (and which also happened with Titanic). And you're right on the money, it was an "event film", truly a spectacle and it wasn't just "Oh yeah, you should go see this movie" it was "You HAVE to see this movie".

Just saw Godzilla and was disappointed. Prepping myself for DoFP now :smh:

lol. I knew that would be the consensus for the film like I said most of those movies suck. Don't give a **** what continuity they are largely miss. Yes I have seen a lot of Godzilla movies.

When word of them holding out on the Godzilla reveal hit the net I just knew

To add, it's also one of those movies that people went out to see multiple times. Which you don't usually get unless it's diehard fans for comic book movies or a particular franchise (and which also happened with Titanic). And you're right on the money, it was an "event film", truly a spectacle and it wasn't just "Oh yeah, you should go see this movie" it was "You HAVE to see this movie".

Children's movies too. Personally my parents would make me wait for the DVD release after I saw it once but if you have ever lived with a small child youd see it doesnt matter how many times they have seen the same episode of Wizards of Waverly place or their favorite Disney movie. They will watch it so many times people who dont watch the show can recognize some of the lines.

My youngest sister tho. Every ****** day the sky was falling :smh:

I understand y'all trying to give DOFP the benefit of the doubt, that it may be good, but in all honesty lets be serious, look at Fox track record with marvel movies. Fantastic 4, Wolverine, X-Men 1-3. Thank god they didn't make a Magneto or Deadpool movie probably would've been worst than Hulk or Daredevil. This movie will be hot garbage and cant wait to see the flame reviews. I'd rather watch Howard the Duck than any marvel movie Fox puts out or directed by Singer.

^Don't badmouth X1 and 2 round here. These clowns have convinced themselves that those are good movies. Also you forgot DD, Elektra, and Ghostwriter in Fox slew of **** movies.

I mean I guess I shouldn't have expected them to fix this completely. I mean Peter Dinklage isn't going to transform into a 6 foot black dude in the future.

It'd be cool if he did.

Last edited:
Let's not pretend Niketalk is the only place "clowns" like X-Men and X-2.

It's not like people are hyping up Ghost Rider.. the first two X-Men were good, with the second being one of the better comic books movies for awhile. It's not that far-fetched or ridiculous, let's not exaggerate things.

X-men 1 and 2 benefitted greatly from when they were made.. And the fact that we wanted x-men (hell any of our favorite childhood characters) movies so badly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom