"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Reviews are slowly pouring in...

EMPIRE: "Best X-Men Film Since the Second One"
"But what we do get here is largely fantastic, not only re-energising old-favourite characters (and after his two spin-offs, Wolverine was in dire need of re-energisation) but introducing intriguing new ones. Most surprising is the fact that the super-speedy Quicksilver (Evan Peters), whose Ramona Flowers-y appearance did not inspire much confidence in marketing materials, turns out to be the coolest thing in the film. " - Nick de Semlyen

DIGITAL SPY: "Nostalgia and New Frontier"
"Where Days of Future Past ends up may not be entirely to everyone's tastes, but judged on its own terms this is a movie that delivers excellent performance and brains to compliment its bang-for-your-buck spectacle." - Simon Reynolds

BLEEDING COOL: "Most Ambitious X-Men Movie to Date"
"There’s no denying that Days of Future Past is the most ambitious X-Men movie to date, stuffed full of ideas, overflowing with action, and almost exploding with characters, plot points and twists. That it manages to make sense is impressive enough, that it drives forward through all of the material without ever becoming boring is just two doors down the street from awe-inspiring." - Brendon Connelly

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: "Sentinels' Attacks are Rendered with a Chilling Visceral Charge"
"It's hard to imagine fanboys having too much to grumble about here, as Singer has pulled together an ambitious, suspenseful screen chapter that secures a future for the franchise while facilitating continued reinvention. Audiences should sit tight through the end credits crawl for an enigmatic signoff scene that provides a taste of the next installment, X-Men: Apocalypse." - David Rooney

VARIETY: "Strikingly Ambitious Continuation"
"No skyscrapers blow up, no cities are leveled, and while the White House and a football stadium suffer some serious structural damage, the wholesale destruction of human civilization is kept to a refreshing minimum in “X-Men: Days of Future Past” — just one of several respects in which this strikingly ambitious yet intimately scaled entertainment distinguishes itself from so much of its comicbook-movie kind. " - Justin Chang

THE WRAP: "Often Feels More Like a Set-up"
"Still, this is the best “X-Men” movie since Singer went off to other pursuits, and it puts enough of a whammy onto the mutant narrative to allow future sequels to veer off in any number of directions. Too bad that in doing so, it, like “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” often feels more like a set-up for movies to come rather than a satisfying experience in and of itself." - Alonso Duralde

TELEGRAPH: "A Mess of Mutants"
"The film squanders both of its casts, reeling from one fumbled set-piece to the next. It seems to have been constructed in a stupor, and you watch in a daze of future past. " - Robbie Collin

I'm going to laugh if most people backtrack on their earlier comments and the movie ends up being good :lol:

I'm not saying it's going to be a classic or anything like that.. but I never got up in arms and freaked out over all the little things. I'm patient enough to see what the movie is like for myself and not worry about how dumb a minor character's costume is.. or how Fox is the worst or whatever other things people complained about. I hope it's good, but I've reserved my judgments until I actually see the movie.

I'm going to laugh if most people backtrack on their earlier comments and the movie ends up being good :lol:

I'm not saying it's going to be a classic or anything like that.. but I never got up in arms and freaked out over all the little things. I'm patient enough to see what the movie is like for myself and not worry about how dumb a minor character's costume is.. or how Fox is the worst or whatever other things people complained about. I hope it's good, but I've reserved my judgments until I actually see the movie.

Its the fool me once principal. I've been wishy washy about the this series since X3. Can't fault nobody for not expecting this to be trash based on past experiences. If this turns out to be good GREAT! If not....

Glad to see that DoFP is at least getting some good reviews, but recently my opinions have been against the grain when it comes to superhero flicks.

Channing Tatum confirmed as Gambit in the next Apocalyse film.

Thoughts?

I don't see him being suitable, but I'll reserve judgment because he could do a good job. I will say this, if the costume is similar to Wolverine Orgins Gambit Ima be pissed.

For the sake of my childhood, I hope I'm wrong.. But I have zero faith in singer.. And now that I've seen jack the giant slayer, i feel justified in trashing singer and that movie just based on the trailers

If they do his eyes... that would be a plus I mean **** even Riddick has cgi eyes for Vin Diesel I know FOX can scrape together the money to do it for Gambit

:rolleyes

I'm going to laugh if most people backtrack on their earlier comments and the movie ends up being good
laugh.gif

I'll lose my mind if @sunshineblotters  actually enjoys this movie. 
roll.gif

I mean if this movie is good, it's about damn time. I have only enjoyed First Class and even that is meh.

Mystique could possibly be the new Wolverine of the franchise. Hollywood is so stupid especially FOX riding the J. Law hype train because she won the Oscar. They can't even get Wolverine done right.

I don't think it's stupid to ride JLaws hype, it's smart actually to keep the franchise away from Marvel. :lol:

The stupid part is how they use her.

She'll be in what?

Plus I don't even know what her contract is like, she was apparently very upset when they announced Apocalypse because she was obligated to do it or something? I mean if she is contracted for a certain amount of films then why be surprised?

And they've been talking about a Mystique solo film so if she doesn't mind her costume changes (which seems to be her biggest complaint) then she might be in XMen her whole life.

Last edited:
Mystique could possibly be the new Wolverine of the franchise. Hollywood is so stupid especially FOX riding the J. Law hype train because she won the Oscar. They can't even get Wolverine done right.
kind of hard having an A list actor headline a movie but have her transformed as someone else 70% of the time

you know how actors love their screen time

I'm eager for this movie to do well but best believe I will be highly critical and rip this movie apart if it's not to snuff...

so Scott and Jean are no longer dead, as with prof x. And hoesntly, tats pretty much it. origins wolverine didn't have anything of substance really, cept I guess sabretooth and wolvy being bros

Back
Top Bottom