"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

Not too sure where and who said it, but it was explained that at first the Sentinels targeted only mutants, and then they started targeting humans who had the potential to birth mutants. The Sentinels basically went out of control.

Not too sure where and who said it, but it was explained that at first the Sentinels targeted only mutants, and then they started targeting humans who had the potential to birth mutants. The Sentinels basically went out of control.
Yeah I remember that, and that's how it went down in the comics, but Wolverine said that people were still in control. Who are these people? What entity are they affiliated with? Those were pretty much my gripes in a nutshell.

Also, robots aren't exactly like us. They're robots. How is their infrastructure and development being sustained unless someone is actively maintaining it? Are they going out and building themselves on assembly lines, and then deploying themselves?

Last edited:
No, they said the Sentinels started to be able to predict which humans would give birth to mutant genes, or even their grandchildren that would have mutant genes in them, so they started targeting those humans.

No, they said the Sentinels started to be able to predict which humans would give birth to mutant genes, or even their grandchildren that would have mutant genes in them, so they started targeting those humans.
I understand that. I understand that the Sentinels began killing humans indiscriminately.

I'm saying that I wish they had elaborated more on what Wolverine meant when he said that "the worst of humanity" was in charge. We saw heads nor tails of them.

^^^They all suck. Even the ones used in the movie. They we're mean and ruthless but looks wise they looked nothing like sentinels.

Im just saying out of the ones that they were looking at. Tho I dont mind changes from the comic if it is justified. In the comics the sentinels used in the future are white and pink (but not in this particular story arc if I am correct). Nimrods are used in the cartoon version.

I thought I would completely hate the future sentinels but they were cool for the purpose they were serving.

These are the most menacing versions of nimrod I found

I know it was based off an arc, but I woulda been happy seeing nimrod in place of all of the future sentinels
Actually in the comics they used regular sentinels

The cartoon had nimrod

X3 had the sentinel in the danger room.

That is exactly what E everysingletime said :lol:
some people are just so nitpicky with words :smh:

Last edited:
Aside from the blatant disregard for the continuity that's exhibited by the movie crew, my other main gripe with this otherwise flawless movie was the Sentinels themselves.

Also, when exactly were the Sentinels deployed? We know that Mystique killed Trask and this apparently approved the project, but nothing about Sentinels (besides a Danger Room simulation) was ever hinted at in the other movies. Why did Sentinels start becoming deployed only like 40 years after Trask's death? Was it because of the Jean Grey incident? WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION SON

So many questions :smh:  

That is not aside from the blatant disregard to the continuity

sunshineblotters

Yea, I was like - wasn't that just what I said? :lol: But maybe CP was talking to the other guy

*shrugs*

Last edited:
sunshineblotters

Yea, I was like - wasn't that just what I said? :lol: But maybe CP was talking to the other guy

*shrugs*

My bad, I just hit reply when I saw his comment, didn't see below.

I'm saying that I wish they had elaborated more on what Wolverine meant when he said that "the worst of humanity" was in charge. We saw heads nor tails of them.

Yes, that I would have liked to have seen too. Worst of humanity.......Stryker types? Fearful humans? Could mean a lot of things.

Xavier's twin brother? :wow: Wow they managed to make forget things for real I aint never heard nothing like that :lol:
X-Force will have Cable, Deadpool, and Domino for sure based on what Wadlow has said about writing the script. Wolverine and Psylocke are also good possibilities.

Xmen:Apocalypse prediction-
Mystique is IMO pretty clearly going to be working with Apocalypse in the next movie. I'm guessing he probably has Nightcrawler held captive and using that as leverage. Maybe promised to bring Azazel back. He orders her to bring him mutants. We get one horsemen with Wolvy getting the metal claws in the process. Betting Nightcrawler will be one of the others causing Mystique to eventually turn on Apocalypse. Could be any combo of Magneto, Polaris, Gambit, Havoc, Beast for the other two IMO.

Doesn't Prof X die in AoA and Magneto leads the X-men in his place? I feel like they'll go that route and have Fass be the hero of the next flick.
Yeah he does die cuz his son from the future accidentally kills him but X-Men Apocalypse is not going to be an adaption of Age of Apocalypse (or at least I really hope not, that story is really a trilogy in itself). This next movie is just probably gonna be an adaption of Apocalypse's first story in the X-Factor or X-Men comics.

Last edited:
if they do end up having x die in the next movie and making magneto take leadership of the "good guys" it would be the perfect way to get wolverine his metal claws back

it would be a classic magneto move to use his powers and bind logans bones with metal again to make him stronger but also so he can control him in the future

would be way more interesting than doing the whole stryker thing again

I didn't recognize Emma Frost's photo in the files that Mystique was looking through, but it was interesting to see how the future Sentinel used her power. In the last future fight scene, one of the Sentinels turned to diamond fighting Sunspot. Nice touch. So many subtle things in that movie. I may have to see it again. :lol:

I didn't recognize Emma Frost's photo in the files that Mystique was looking through, but it was interesting to see how the future Sentinel used her power. In the last future fight scene, one of the Sentinels turned to diamond fighting Sunspot. Nice touch. So many subtle things in that movie. I may have to see it again.
laugh.gif
when beast showed wolverine and x his news station set up that recorded all 3 stations and pbs there was startrek playing in the background, which talked about time travel but was also a nod to patrick stewart

at the end of the movie when magneto had all the news cameras on him they showed quicksilver at home watching the tv and he was holding his little sister who had red hair

We don't really think about it, but the cast that they put together is pretty impressive.

Dope video. There seems to be respect going both ways.

Xavier's twin brother?
eek.gif
Wow they managed to make forget things for real I aint never heard nothing like that
laugh.gif
Yeah he does die cuz his son from the future accidentally kills him but X-Men Apocalypse is not going to be an adaption of Age of Apocalypse (or at least I really hope not, that story is really a trilogy in itself). This next movie is just probably gonna be an adaption of Apocalypse's first story in the X-Factor or X-Men comics.
Regarding your theory on how the X-Men: Apocalypse would be...Azazel can't be used because he's dead. He was used in Trask's experiments and even showed an autopsy photo.

Regarding your theory on how the X-Men: Apocalypse would be...Azazel can't be used because he's dead. He was used in Trask's experiments and even showed an autopsy photo.

He is a fire demon anyway. I am sure he can always get out of hell.

Back
Top Bottom