Day26- Forever in a Day

The entire album is dope.
Not really a huge fan of Truth is a Lie or Think Of Me.
I don't think I can pick a favorite yet, but Girlfriend, Imma Put It On Her, Then There's You, Bipolar, and Babymaker are up there.

Still don't understand why they removed "Dizzy", radio stations and listeners would eat up that joint.

Bipolar is actually a pretty nice track...Robert's verse was crazy...he def. needs to be the lead vocalist of the group

Anybody picking up the cd today? On my way there right now. It was tough avoiding listening to all the tracks that were released the last 2-3 weeks but it willbe worth it.

Only reason I can see some of the better songs not making the album: they plan on re-releasing it somewhere down the road. I hope that's the case, becauseyour leftover tracks should not be better than what made the album - unless it just didn't fit musically. Just Getting Started is weak, Need That is moreso out of place than weak - it sounded like it landed on the album by mistake
laugh.gif
, and Shawty Wats Up is average at best.

What y'all think of Honest and One Night Only? (Mike killed One Night Only
smh.gif
)

I wanna hear how Reminisce and Touched By An Angel turned out, and a completed Lemme Luv U Girl. Hopefully those leak or something.

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

bipolar> then there's you

Somebody was absent when they went over greater than or less than...
laugh.gif

There's no way Bipolar is better than Then There's You
smh.gif

its good but i'm not feelin it to much...i gotta listen to it a few more times...Your Heels is so weird...like it just came out of nowhere but its cool...

The second half of the album is definitely better than the first. Gonna need to spin it a few more times to judge the songs individually.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

its good but i'm not feelin it to much...i gotta listen to it a few more times...Your Heels is so weird...like it just came out of nowhere but its cool...

It did come out of nowhere, as well as Need That. Coming off ballads and mid-tempo stuff you're not expecting a radio track to follow. Them tracks shouldof been up front with Stadium Music and Imma Put It On Her.

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

I swear Your Heels sounds like it was written for Chris Brown.
It sound like some T-Pain %++...it's in the same lane as Kiss Kiss, Shawty Get Loose and Freeze

Bought the CD today...
Been listening to it since..
Day26>Forever In A Day
But yes the 2nd half is far better than the first of the cd

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

It did come out of nowhere, as well as Need That. Coming off ballads and mid-tempo stuff you're not expecting a radio track to follow. Them tracks should of been up front with Stadium Music and Imma Put It On Her.

i'm talking the song in general...i forgot i had my ipod on shuffle so it was all over the place but everytime Your Heels came on i'm thinkin"really??? a song about heels" but Q sounds treally good on it so i let it play...

It did come out of nowhere, as well as Need That. Coming off ballads and mid-tempo stuff you're not expecting a radio track to follow. Them tracks should of been up front with Stadium Music and Imma Put It On Her.

i'm talking the song in general...i forgot i had my ipod on shuffle so it was all over the place but everytime Your Heels came on i'm thinkin "really??? a song about heels" but Q sounds treally good on it so i let it play...
Q really stepped his game up from the last album. He's really talented.

I'm guessing One Night Stand was too vulgar or something for the album? Or maybe they're taking a new approach and making a hot song a bonus track.Usually those Itunes bonus tracks be weak.

Originally Posted by EvansST

i'm talking the song in general...i forgot i had my ipod on shuffle so it was all over the place but everytime Your Heels came on i'm thinkin "really??? a song about heels" but Q sounds treally good on it so i let it play...
Q really stepped his game up from the last album. He's really talented.

Man I was thinking the same thing even though he was tripping this season on Making the Band. I like the album. 4/5.

Apr 14 2009 6:51 AM EDT

[h1]Diddy Puts Finishing Touches On Day26's New Album[/h1] [h2]'That's why Diddy is Diddy and that's why we're Day26,' Brian Andrews says of his boss' input on Forever in a Day.[/h2]
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Sway Calloway

[table][tr][th=""]Views[/th] [td]1,427[/td] [/tr][/table]

Day26 weren't too pleased when their boss, Diddy, came in at the last minute to tinker with the band's album, Forever in a Day - after all, they were almost finished.

"It wasn't really much room left, not much time left to do anything," Robert Curry told MTV News. "The few changes that he did make ... of course we were already sold on what we had initially, so we didn't like the few changes that were made. But most of them ... a lot of them were very good for the album and, um, he didn't say anything for the rest of the album, so we had to give up something."

But looking back at what Diddy told the guys to adjust, they see why he has become such a successful music mogul. "As far as song selection, there were a couple of songs on the record that we felt like should have really been on the record," Brian Andrews said. "But now that I listen back to the entire album I see why he made the choices that he made. And it makes a lot of sense and really rounds the whole album off. So, um, that's why Diddy is Diddy and that's why we're Day26."

But the guys are quick to point out they didn't make the changes at the drop of a hat. In fact, Will Taylor describes the recording process for Forever as a "battle." "When we went in, we thought we knew we had had it," he explained. "We were like, 'This is it, please don't touch it.' But he came in and he was like, 'Nah playboy, I'm touching this, this and this, and I'm going to replace it with this.' "

anybody know the song from the episode where q started singing in the booth "im loving the way you making me feel" and the dudes were saying to singit sexy

Back
Top Bottom