Day26- Forever in a Day

What I really like about this is that I get a chance to hear a Demo say like - Girlfriend that was written by Tank, and it
leaves you in anticipation to see how Day 26 would make it sound /do it justice. They did it very well, they could've done without all of the extra adlibsthough.

Wow! i didnt realize it came out on the 14th. so i gotta go find it now.
nerd.gif

but ALOT of it has leaked already.
vixen, so good, lemme luv u girl, bipolar, stadium music, imma put it on her, getaway girl, dizzy, truth is a lie, shawty wussup

laugh.gif

its soundin like they came correct once again, now to go find the rest of this.
pimp.gif

Not as fluid as the first one, but I'll give it another listen. And
smh.gif
for not adding Dizzy and Let Me Love You Girl with BabyFace.

This is a LOT better than their first album, which really wasn't anything special at all, but I'm still not sure it's anything I'd buy.

I have been holding out, trying not to listen to leaked tracks as well...

i hope this one is as good as their first...

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

What I really like about this is that I get a chance to hear a Demo say like - Girlfriend that was written by Tank, and it
leaves you in anticipation to see how Day 26 would make it sound /do it justice. They did it very well, they could've done without all of the extra adlibs though.
I was bumpin that Tank demo hard for the last couple of days wondering, If they'd kill it like Tank did, and where each voice would go. Itturned out good, but it sounds like they sped up the beat a lil bit
smh.gif

They got a track from Ne-Yo[Then There's You] also. I heard the demo a couple months back, heard he had a track on the album...but I ain't wanna getmy hopes up in the coincidence of the same song title and it wasn't him
laugh.gif
. Nice smooth track they got from Ne-Yo. I wish they had a couple more slow tracks. They trying to go at the radio hard on this one.

Then Theres You is my favorite track on the album...I seriously thought when listening I could so hear ne-yo singing the lyrics. Damn good song.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Then Theres You is my favorite track on the album...I seriously thought when listening I could so hear ne-yo singing the lyrics. Damn good song.
Good ear, cuz Ne-Yo did write it
laugh.gif

"Let Me Love You Girl" is
pimp.gif
Would have been the best song on this CD.

Couple of good songs, though ..
It's prett repetive though, they've followed the same order/alignment on every song they've ever made.

Edit: Rob is easily the stand out of the group.

Just went through it... It's alright. The first album was a lot better, this one gets too repetitive. The Ne-Yo joint is fire though. Lemme Luv U Girlwould've one of the better tracks on this album.

Lemme Luv U Girl better than Perfectly Blind, Think Of Me and Babymaker? Y'all buggin
laugh.gif

Aight, last album was more cohesive; it didn't feel like a collection of tracks. The production was all in the same lane. Once Co Star kicked in, that wasit, slow jams all the way through - with an exception of If It Wasn't For You. On this album, there's tracks where that radio +%%$, or just trying tobe different from their first album, seems forced: Just Getting Started, Need That, Bi Polar, Shawty Wats Up(song is growing on me). Need That was so randomit's disgusting...hell was JD thinking with that. Put It On Her, So Good, Babymaker, Stadium Music and Your Heels, is how you do a radio track. All thatsaid, album got some joints... where's Touched By An Angel?
frown.gif

The only thing I find repetitive is Brian building up to a big note on every track. I feel they managed getting Q(voice smooth as hell) on tracks better thanthey did on their first album. Mike still gets no burn
tired.gif

EDITED NOW...finished the review.

So far though-the leaked tracks from the show have been the best. I'm so tired of hearing Willie lead all the time. Let's be real-Mike and Rob are thebest singers...can we hear more of them? Also, I know why Q isn't on a lot of leads, but he's got a unique sound that adds variety to the group. Myopinions upon the first listen are:

1. Just Getting Started- sux. I couldn't even listen to the whole song. Terrible. They shouldn't have ever started with that one.
2. Imma Put it On Her- Obviously it's tight and my favorite so far. It woulda been better w/o 'Ciroq Obama' tho. Honestly I coulda done w/o YungJoc, but he aight.
3. Shawty Wats up? - Are you serious? Day 26 wussup? This song woulda been better w/o T-Pain. T-Pain is much better with rappers than other singers who singbetter than him.
4. Think of Me- Nice song. I like this a lot. Classic R&B....woulda sound better if Q had the 1st verse tho.
5. Stadium Music- Nice one. Of course-all the leaked ones are.
6. BiPolar- Was this an experiment? It failed. The writing is REALLY bad on this one.
7. Perfectly Blind-Mike and Rob should be the only ones on this track. Otherwise the song is whack-I feel like they tried too hard.
8. So Good- Hot track.
9. Girlfriend-It's aight. Just aight. I don't like the writing in this song.
10. Babymaker- Good song-clearly not for the car. Gosh Rob kills tracks. He shoulda been the lead on this.

That's all I got for now, but Willie shouldn't have the first verse so much. He can sing, but his voice doesn't keep me interested like Mike, Rob,or Q (yeah Q).

Here's the rest of my review.
11. Then There's You- Boring. Nice melody, but Ne-yo woulda been better on it.
12. Need That-I actually like this other than Jermaine Dupri's random part.
13. Reminds Me of You- I like it. It's pretty.
14. Your Heels- LOVE IT! Q on the hook was great. Great cohesiveness.
15. Truth is a Lie- Good Song.

Overall, I give it a 3.5/5. The other one was better in my opinion, but the songs sound cleaner production wise on this one. The songs on the last album thatwere good were REALLY good. These good ones are just good, but not really great. My criteria of a good cd is where at least half the cd is good. This is agood cd, but there's not a whole lot of songs that pop like the first one....I prefer the R&B sound on the last one. Next time I recommend less Willieand more Mike. The cd picked up after #7.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Lemme Luv U Girl better than Perfectly Blind, Think Of Me and Babymaker? Y'all buggin
laugh.gif

Aight, last album was more cohesive; it didn't feel like a collection of tracks. The production was all in the same lane. Once Co Star kicked in, that was it, slow jams all the way through - with an exception of If It Wasn't For You. On this album, there's tracks where that radio +%%$, or just trying to be different from their first album, seems forced: Just Getting Started, Need That, Bi Polar, Shawty Wats Up(song is growing on me). Need That was so random it's disgusting...hell was JD thinking with that. Put It On Her, So Good, Babymaker, Stadium Music and Your Heels, is how you do a radio track. All that said, album got some joints... where's Touched By An Angel?
frown.gif

The only thing I find repetitive is Brian building up to a big note on every track. I feel they managed getting Q(voice smooth as hell) on tracks better than they did on their first album. Mike still gets no burn
tired.gif

I agree with you on the album feeling a bit forced. The first album indeed was more cohesive.

laugh.gif

In my opinion. I'll give it a run through again, last time I listened to it start to finish I was having trouble concentrating on this albumbecause, you were right, there was no cohesion. I did say one of the better songs though.

And I think the reason we're getting tired of Willie as the front man is because we've grown to know all these dudes individually even before the groupwas made. It's not like other groups where the lead singers were presented from the jump. Not sure if that made much sense, or if anyone else feels thisway, but ehhh.

Originally Posted by JayeRell

EDITED NOW...finished the review.

So far though-the leaked tracks from the show have been the best. I'm so tired of hearing Willie lead all the time. Let's be real-Mike and Rob are the best singers...can we hear more of them? Also, I know why Q isn't on a lot of leads, but he's got a unique sound that adds variety to the group. My opinions upon the first listen are:

1. Just Getting Started- sux. I couldn't even listen to the whole song. Terrible. They shouldn't have ever started with that one.
2. Imma Put it On Her- Obviously it's tight and my favorite so far. It woulda been better w/o 'Ciroq Obama' tho. Honestly I coulda done w/o Yung Joc, but he aight.
3. Shawty Wats up? - Are you serious? Day 26 wussup? This song woulda been better w/o T-Pain. T-Pain is much better with rappers than other singers who sing better than him.
4. Think of Me- Nice song. I like this a lot. Classic R&B....woulda sound better if Q had the 1st verse tho.
5. Stadium Music- Nice one. Of course-all the leaked ones are.
6. BiPolar- Was this an experiment? It failed. The writing is REALLY bad on this one.
7. Perfectly Blind-Mike and Rob should be the only ones on this track. Otherwise the song is whack-I feel like they tried too hard.
8. So Good- Hot track.
9. Girlfriend-It's aight. Just aight. I don't like the writing in this song.
10. Babymaker- Good song-clearly not for the car. Gosh Rob kills tracks. He shoulda been the lead on this.

That's all I got for now, but Willie shouldn't have the first verse so much. He can sing, but his voice doesn't keep me interested like Mike, Rob, or Q (yeah Q).

Here's the rest of my review.
12. Need That-I actually like this other than Jermaine Dupri's random part.
13. Reminds Me of You- I like it. It's pretty.
14. Your Heels- LOVE IT! Q on the hook was great. Great cohesiveness.
15. Truth is a Lie- Good Song.

Overall, I give it a 3.5/5. The other one was better in my opinion, but the songs sound cleaner production wise on this one. The songs on the last album that were good were REALLY good. These good ones are just good, but not really great. My criteria of a good cd is where at least half the cd is good. This is a good cd, but there's not a whole lot of songs that pop like the first one....I prefer the R&B sound on the last one. Next time I recommend less Willie and more Mike. The cd picked up after #7.

Best review I've seen. My sentiments ALMOST exactly...

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

Has this leaked or only on MTV The Leak ?
Just MTV The Leak.........

Can't wait for this album though
pimp.gif

not true.
happy.gif
There's no group rip out, just a real good web rip. Group rips are tagged with whatever group it came from, I havent seen any tagged. If theblog I go to don't have it, it's not out. They have every CD known to man
smh.gif

I gotta admit, Day26 has really grown on me (nh).

I'm looking forward to hearing this
pimp.gif

I heard that Ne-Yo demo and the Tank demo [Girlfriend], they killed em.

Back
Top Bottom