Dating a woman with children

I did this for six months & I've known the woman for about 3 years, and she also three years older than me. She has two sons & lived at her parents house (at the time) with the BD still living there as well (though she claimed they weren't "together" :rolleyes). I've never met her kids in person but when we would facetime I would get to see them..

I miss her so much

I'm 22 & my best friend is 22 & she has a 3 year old. I was never really cool with her in high school. & when she was pregnant, I didn't know her. In 2011, me & her were best friends with another girl. I was in love with the other girl, until her ex threatened me & she cut me off. Now, me & my best friend are closer than ever. But, I never liked her before, she was ok looking to me. Over the last few months, I started to like her. & hanging without her kid, she's such a cool, unique person. & with the kid, she's more motherly. But, I love that kid he's cool & smart. I guess my point is, if you're not just trying to smash, it's ok. If it's a fling, I'd wouldn't do it. My own opinion. Before, I never, ever thought of going near a single mom, but she looks to be an exception. It sill bothers me that the only reason she left the baby daddy cause she was a victim of domestic violence. I like to think that without her kid, she would be out partying every night & being wild. instead, on most nights she'll just watch tv or a movie & be with her son. She's usually safe.

Last edited:
No I don't have any kids and I have my stuff together. I expect anyone I date to be the same.

i dont mind girls with kids. girls who are mothers are way different than girls who arent tho. usually more mature. i could have a serious relationship with a girl that has a kid. you just have to know your role. but some dudes are babys themselves and need all of their girls attenion at all time

Im 30 And have a son ,i would never ever date a chick with a child my current girlfriend is 28 and has no kids

^ which brings me to another question. What if the guy has kids but the women doesn't. You think she should still be able to date him?

Nope, would never consider it. Ever think to yourself "maybe there is a reason the baby daddy is out the picture"

I'm 22 & my best friend is 22 & she has a 3 year old. I was never really cool with her in high school. & when she was pregnant, I didn't know her. In 2011, me & her were best friends with another girl. I was in love with the other girl, until her ex threatened me & she cut me off. Now, me & my best friend are closer than ever. But, I never liked her before, she was ok looking to me. Over the last few months, I started to like her. & hanging without her kid, she's such a cool, unique person. & with the kid, she's more motherly. But, I love that kid he's cool & smart. I guess my point is, if you're not just trying to smash, it's ok. If it's a fling, I'd wouldn't do it. My own opinion. Before, I never, ever thought of going near a single mom, but she looks to be an exception. It sill bothers me that the only reason she left the baby daddy cause she was a victim of domestic violence. I like to think that without her kid, she would be out partying every night & being wild. instead, on most nights she'll just watch tv or a movie & be with her son. She's usually safe.
Dude, you're 22 with plenty of life to live. Don't shackle yourself to someone that young themselves with a child. She already comes from a volatile background. That should be enough of a red flag to tell you to keep your distance because you aren't going to want to be around the day he wants to see his son.
i dont mind girls with kids. girls who are mothers are way different than girls who arent tho. usually more mature. i could have a serious relationship with a girl that has a kid. you just have to know your role. but some dudes are babys themselves and need all of their girls attenion at all time
No they aren't. Don't generalize.

Question for the dudes that are pro-dating single mothers:

Were you raised by a single mother yourself? If so do you empathize with their dilemma?

Dude, you're 22 with plenty of life to live. Don't shackle yourself to someone that young themselves with a child. She already comes from a volatile background. That should be enough of a red flag to tell you to keep your distance because you aren't going to want to be around the day he wants to see his son.
No they aren't. Don't generalize.

Question for the dudes that are pro-dating single mothers:

Were you raised by a single mother yourself? If so do you empathize with their dilemma?
No other way to say this, but thanks for your opinion I appreciate it. I can't lie, I am a little flustered on what I should do.

^^^^ LOL ive tried dating a chick with kids i did it for a year like someone stated already the chick wants u to be the FATHER FIGURE BUT THATS IT when its time for discipline she will turn quick and be like ur not his father.... dudes with no kids are the ones dating these chicks with kids

I think a lot of you missed what OP said. He mentioned the woman being levelheaded and having her **** together. IMO, those types of single mothers are different than the ratchet, 20-year-old broads some of you seem to be describing. :lol:

Any woman with any sense isn't going to hand over the job of disciplining her kids to someone she's dating. The type of woman that would do that is someone to avoid at all costs, and they don't represent a lot of single mothers out there. Just sayin'.

Same goes with a woman expecting you to pay for her kid's **** when you're casually dating. A woman with sense isn't doing all that. I understand not wanting to even touch a woman with kids for fear of her being that type of chick, but don't typecast every single mother the same. There are normal ones out there--hell, some of them are some of your mothers. :lol:

I know a dude who dated a chick who had a kid from a previous relationship, he married her, adopted her kid, they only stayed married for a year tops. Now he paying child support for her kid

Dummy :smh:

Last edited:
^^^dummy indeed.
there's this pretty girl who wants a relationship with me, she has a 1+ year old. Girl is really really chill and cool, she's on her grind and I like being around her no lie but I can't commit only bc she has a kid. I feel messed up but yea, I'm not playing step dad.

^ which brings me to another question. What if the guy has kids but the women doesn't. You think she should still be able to date him?

I think a woman wouldn't have a problem with that causecit really says something when the father is taking care of the kid and the mother isn't there. It's just rare for that to happen, so it's looked at differently.

From my experience I wouldnt if u was in ur early 20s. But if u in ur late 20s 30s i would. My wife had 2 kids before me.

Back
Top Bottom