Damn, Meek Mill sentenced to 2-4years in prison

She should retweet that joint today. Nah but it's messed up how the system is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171106-185626.jpg
    Screenshot_20171106-185626.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 73
Man his last album was pretty decent too. I think it’s a wrap for meek millington. Wrap it up.

But why put yourself in that situation to begin with ??
You know they’re gunning for you. Why put yourself in that scenario to begin with
Well yeah but they still did him dirty as hell at the end of the day. He shouldn't have gotten in those situations but that entire sentence is still blatantly excessive especially considering both cases were dropped. On top of that, the prosecutors recommended against imprisonment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...151f5ca6168_story.html?utm_term=.1f7e2ad012b5
Judge ignores recommendation, sends Meek Mill to prison
A Philadelphia judge has sentenced rapper Meek Mill to two to four years in state prison for violating probation in a nearly decade-old gun and drug case.

When sentencing the 30-year-old musician Monday, Common Pleas Judge Genece Brinkley cited a failed drug test and a failure to comply with a court order restricting his travel.

The sentence came as a surprise after prosecutors recommended Mill not be imprisoned for the probation violations, noting he’s been off drugs since January and has complied with most requirements of probation.

But Brinkley says she’s been trying to help Mill for about a decade and that he just does whatever he wants.

Mill’s lawyer has vowed to appeal.

this is outrageous :smh:

This is why a lot of cats take the time. Or if they violate and get sent back and come back up for release on probation/parole, they choose to stay in. Probation and parole are a trap. Straight up. Can’t even recall the number of dudes I saw refuse parole when I worked in the system.

That said, I don’t understand all the “they did him dirty” comments. He violated and got dealt with. Be mad at the ridiculous sentence to begin with, not a judge choosing to violate him with good cause. Not saying I agree, but it isn’t like the judge overstepped his authority. You violate and you’re gambling with your freedom, regardless of who you are or what you’ve done with your life. You’re putting your freedom in the hands of (most likely) an old, white man. Those ain’t great odds.

I'm saying. ****ed up judicial system aside...personal accountability has to kick in at some point.

they’re basically oj’ing meek

whatever they have him on legally is just a play off his actions

and I forgot beans and his beef with bloggers of all people

There are so many dumb *** rule attached to probation and parole. Aside from the obvious no-no’s, some of the **** cats get sent back for is ridiculous. It makes it damn near impossible to overcome your past. Who is gonna hire a felon? And what kind of job do you think a felon is gonna get? But yet you have fees you have to pay—or be violated.

I could go on and on about the trappings of the ****. It’s part of the reason I left the justice system—I always knew it was rigged, but getting a firsthand look at it got to me. Couldn’t be a part of that anymore. And I wasn’t even in a position of authority—just a bench player in it all.

All that said, if anyone was in a position to successfully complete probation, it was Meek. Money is the biggest obstacle to overcoming the trappings of probation/parole, and he has plenty. Yeah, it’s ****** up that this long after the fact that case is still haunting him, but that’s the system, whether it be fair or not. And he knew that. We can sit here and argue all day about whether or not the rules are fair for all people (hint: they’re not). But the rules are the rules—the game is the game. Unfortunately, Meek’s outcome is the same as thousands of other young brothers.

wonder what was the condition of his probation. don't see how reckless driving would apply to the terms. but I don't know anything about the system.

wonder what was the condition of his probation. don't see how reckless driving would apply to the terms. but I don't know anything about the system.
Any arrests can count as probation violations as far as I know, even if those cases are dropped.

Meek was dumb for trying to "win" in public when he first became famous against the judge/DA/probation office. That wasn't a battle he was going to win.

After that it seems like they had a vendetta against him. All the money, fame and charity work doesn't matter to them.

ok
like damn its messed up
but real talk
is on him
he kept putting himself in those situations
and just because charges get dropped don't mean u didn't do anything wrong
just could be they don't feel like they could win
or not enough proof
or worth the hassle of a trial
it is a messed up situation
but dude just seemed to always be in some ****
but hey if jail helped gucci