Dame Dash Keeps hustling

damon-dash-200a020210-fp-3.jpg

DAME DASH TO OPEN DASH GALLERY IN NEW YORK
http://www.theboombox.com/2010/02/0...heBoomboxMusicBlog+(The+Boombox+Hio-Hop+Blog)
Former Roc-A-Fella honcho and hip-hop mogul, Damon Dash has announced that he will officially open his art gallery, The Dash Gallery. The opening will take place on Friday, Feb. 19, in Dash's DD172 building, in the Tribeca area of Manhattan. The opening will feature the work of contemporary artists, Bobby Castaneda, Jeremy Wagner, Heather Gargon and Hector Ruiz.

"I've always loved art and wanted to get involved in it," Dash told MTV in a November interview. "I'm always trying to do different new things and things that don't define what the perception of a hip-hop cat is. We don't only do the things they perceive us to do. We're pretty sophisticated."

The building, which is located on 172 Duane Street, also houses a recording studio, where blues-rock group the Black Keys recorded their hip-hop collaboration project, 'BlakRoc,' and offices which Dash intends to use to launch his new empire of art-related initiatives, including a television network and a magazine.

it would be
pimp.gif
if he plays blacroc in the gallery , seems like something "white america" would accept when mixed with art and a gallery scenery

Dame Dash has always been appreciated in my mind. I look at Jay and see what he took from Dame.

[Cam] You stole Kanye from Dame [/Cam]
smh.gif

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

How much money can you make from an art gallery though?

manhattan yuppies.....look them up ,they spend $ on this

art is the biggest scam/hustle ....he can also promote blacroc music

eek.gif
dame been cool with white people

Art Game>>>>>>>>Music Game.

This is literally like two blocks from my crib, would def. go if I was in the city since a lot of my boys are friends with Dame's son.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

This is literally like two blocks from my crib, would def. go if I was in the city since a lot of my boys are friends with Dame's son.

u live in tribeca?? If your living in somethign bigger than 10ft long, then what do u do for a living??

And to people who say Jay stole Kanye...is kanye not a grown man able to choose for himself? HE chose jay, no? And clearly he made the right choice.
Kanye x Jim Jones collaboration albums?...no bueno

word , every exec,yuppy,doctor,lawyer has a piece of art atleast 30,000 in there office to impress clients

That Russian billionaire bought a painting of a naked fat girl for $30,000,000 lol

It must have some significance, but damn...

Originally Posted by CheGTR

u live in tribeca?? If your living in somethign bigger than 10ft long, then what do u do for a living??

And to people who say Jay stole Kanye...is kanye not a grown man able to choose for himself? HE chose jay, no? And clearly he made the right choice.
I'm 20, I'ma broke college student who lives with his parents
laugh.gif
.  My parents bought there crib for basically nothing 30 years ago when Tribeca wasn't Tribeca.

That's how Tribeca looked when my parents moved in.

Originally Posted by King Beef

Dame Dash has always been appreciated in my mind. I look at Jay and see what he took from Dame.

[Cam] You stole Kanye from Dame [/Cam]
smh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CheGTR

I'm 20, I'ma broke college student who lives with his parents
laugh.gif
.  My parents bought there crib for basically nothing 30 years ago when Tribeca wasn't Tribeca.

That's how Tribeca looked when my parents moved in.

Ah, i see...still expensive to maintain tho. I give your parents props, but guess i always thought you were a bit older? (or not i dunno)
But your parents feel like renting out your room? tell them to pm me
smokin.gif

Dame really is the ultimate hustler, huh...

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

How much money can you make from an art gallery though?

manhattan yuppies.....look them up ,they spend $ on this
I saw this documentary on this artist who was around Basquiat and those type artists when they were in their 20's and the art dealers were caking off the artists in a major way. Most of the artists ended up broke and/or dead before 30. The guy in the doc was broke and bitter. People including dealers wanted his stuff but for $500 to a g tops. He felt they were worth tens of thousands so he refused to sell and stayed broke and bitter. The art dealers were wealthy and marking stuff up like crazy, and ppl still bought it...

Back
Top Bottom