Dallas police woman breaks into home of young man and shoots him to death Update: GUILTY of murder

Discussing this case with my brother and I'm glad we both agreed that neither of us would have reacted in the same manner as Botham's younger brother. Touchy subject if you're black and have a brother.

Me and my brother both agree aint no way in hell we'd hug the killer of either of us.

Its been a day and I still can't comprehend it... dudes talking about grace and compassion... can grace and compassion ressurect the dead? can grace and compassion turn back time?

this is one of those cases where I believe in an eye for an eye.

Grace and compassion :lol: as far as im concerned this his given cops the green light across the country to murder with damn near impunity and receive slaps on the wrist at worst

Obviously there is nothing that is going to bring his brother back. I'm not coming with that type of grace towards his murderer, you can't keep it classy while also making it clear you want nothing good for her.

I think I'd even have a hard time getting up there and issuing a statement. I think I'd most likely communicate publicly through the lawyers.

Those 2 jurors should have kept quiet. No wonder this racist b***h only got 10 years. They feel more sympathy for Amber then they did Botham.

Get these clowns OUTTA here. Where is this compassion when people of color are sentenced to way more time for nonviolent crimes? Just because she put up a former drug addict she should get another chance to get back out there? Botham clearly had a more positive impact on this world than Guyger but he can't get back out there after 10 years. Disgusting.

Juror 34 needs to keep those tap dancing shoes on. She sounded like a complete buffoon. 10 years is enough for murder now? I guess 10 years is enough time to learn from your "mistakes" when you didn't give Botham CPR while he's bleeding out.

I don't know why I'm more upset after seeing the juror video but they are obviously using the testimony of Botham's family members to justify the light sentence which is wrong. These clowns deliberated for less than 2 hours on sentencing which means they knew what they wanted to do. Anyone that has ever served on a jury knows that 2 hours isn't very long to consider anything and if a few jurors wanted her to get the 28 years if we are to believe Juror 34, they obviously didn't hold true to any convictions and probably wanted to go home. Not to mention justice isn't always about what you think the victim would've wanted because I know Botham would have wanted to be alive not gunned down in his apartment by a racist scumbag cop. I can't tell you how many cases I've seen where the victims wanted a light sentence for the accused and the judge and jury still gave them the maximum. The people of color on that jury should be ashamed of themselves because this sentence essentially confirms that our lives don't matter. If Botham who was a college educated honorable and loving man in his own apartment can't get justice then what about others? They tried to sully this young man's reputation shortly after Guyger murdered him. Look what happened to Michael Brown, Sean Bell, Tamir Rice and others.

People will lose faith in these institutions because they continue to violate ethics standards. They have no one to blame but themselves.

at the same time though we have to have a serious conversation about religion, indoctrination, our expectations as citizens of the united states, our place as a race in the world, etc.

we really shouldn't put our hopes and dreams into a system designed to break us psychologically and eradicate us. either we get on an accord that most of us can generally agree with or things like this continue to be part of pop culture and the fabric of America. at least IMO.

I don't have all the answers either but I strongly feel that we can't keep doing the same things we've always done.

I don't know why I'm more upset after seeing the juror video but they are obviously using the testimony of Botham's family members to justify the light sentence which is wrong. These clowns deliberated for less than 2 hours on sentencing which means they knew what they wanted to do. Anyone that has ever served on a jury knows that 2 hours isn't very long to consider anything and if a few jurors wanted her to get the 28 years if we are to believe Juror 34, they obviously didn't hold true to any convictions and probably wanted to go home. Not to mention justice isn't always about what you think the victim would've wanted because I know Botham would have wanted to be alive not gunned down in his apartment by a racist scumbag cop. I can't tell you how many cases I've seen where the victims wanted a light sentence for the accused and the judge and jury still gave them the maximum. The people of color on that jury should be ashamed of themselves because this sentence essentially confirms that our lives don't matter. If Botham who was a college educated honorable and loving man in his own apartment can't get justice then what about others? They tried to sully this young man's reputation shortly after Guyger murdered him. Look what happened to Michael Brown, Sean Bell, Tamir Rice and others.

Facts! It's for this reason alone why I'm soo pissed off at Botham's brother. His buck dancing gave that jury free reign to lighten Amber's sentence. And the nail in the coffin for me was when he said that he doesn't think she should get jail time. I know he's still grieving and all that s***, but that was unacceptable no matter which frame of mind he was in.

Yeah I would’ve hugged her with a big smile......

then I’m smothering the **** out that *****. I’m talking holding on for dear life and squeezing till she can’t breath . My defense will be “I killed her with kindness because I had so much love to give”.

Y'all think the fact that they from St. Lucia has anything to do with it?

I was wondering how much police brutality / racism exists on an island thats 90% African decent and 90% Catholic.

I recall a rather spirited discussion earlier this year in another thread were we talked about the differences between being Black in America and being Black in other places / African.

Our experiences are not homogenous just because we share similar skin tones.

Being Black in America is like nowhere else on the globe.

I highly doubt there would be all this hugging / forgiveness if they were from St. Louis instead of St. Lucia.

Too much focus on the families reactions and not enough on the justice system that's been broken since I can remember.
na, not enough focus is on the family's reaction.
we need to stop trying to reach for comfort and rip the bandaid off. we have to talk about why that brother hugged his brother's murderer in court, why that judge handed the murderer a bible, why the father wants to be her friend, why they don't want her to go to prison after breaking and entering their family members apartment and then shooting and killing him and then trying to soften it by deleting texts and the police dept wanting to search for drugs in an innocent murder victims apartment, etc. etc.

all this i's beez a GUD slave massah, i's rilly wiyill type **** has to stop.

awhile back we were on our wakanda **** now its like what kinda **** is this????

na, not enough focus is on the family's reaction.
we need to stop trying to reach for comfort and rip the bandaid off. we have to talk about why that brother hugged his brother's murderer in court, why that judge handed the murderer a bible, why the father wants to be her friend, why they don't want her to go to prison after breaking and entering their family members apartment and then shooting and killing him and then trying to soften it by deleting texts and the police dept wanting to search for drugs in an innocent murder victims apartment, etc. etc.

all this i's beez a GUD slave massah, i's rilly wiyill type **** has to stop.
If the family cussed her out in court and called her every type of racist ***** in the book it won't negate the fact that Guyger got just 10 years, 5 with good behavior, for killing an unarmed black man in his own home.

If the family cussed her out in court and called her every type of racist ***** in the book it won't negate the fact that Guyger got just 10 years, 5 with good behavior, for killing an unarmed black man in his own home.
its not about that but ppl like you keep making that argument when no one is arguing that.

but for the sake of arguing, because I have time today, neither will being her lap ****** and shucking and jiving on cam, in the courtroom, after that murderer got the lightest sentence on earth for a convicted murderer.

we have got to stop shucking and jiving to appease our oppressors. we have got to stop with this kumbaya **** in an attempt to make white ppl accept us and to make them comfortable with our existence.

there is nothing that we can do and DEFINITELY NOTHING THAT WE SHOULD DO to make ANYONE comfortable with our presence and our existence. when one of us does this it hurts ALL of us.

real talk, I have an 18 year old cousin that made a mistake and he's facing more than 6 times the amount that she received at sentencing and he just had a baby girl.
you think he's getting a hug, a bible and a decade?

or you think his baby girl will be visiting him in a nursing home in her senior years of life, if he lives that long?

Back
Top Bottom