Dallas police woman breaks into home of young man and shoots him to death Update: GUILTY of murder

https://newsone.com/3888771/botham-jeans-father-christians/

Botham Jean’s Father Says He Would Like To Be Friends With Amber Guyger: ‘That’s Why We Are Christians’
Bertram Jean spoke out about his 18-year-old son hugging Amber Guyger.
NewsOne Staff
Written By NewsOne Staff
Posted 5 hours ago

Amber Guyger was sentenced to 10 years for killing her neighbor Botham Jean. In a shocking moment, Jean’s younger brother, Brandt, who is 18, hugged Guyger in court. His father spoke out about the hug shortly after the verdict.
READ MORE: Watch Live: Amber Guyger’s Murder Trial For Killing Botham Jean Streams Online
While speaking at Dallas West Church of Christ, Botham’s father Bertram said, “I’m not really surprised because we know how we raised him… The Holy Spirit was working,” Bertram said.

He also said he would like to be Guyger’s friend, “I’d like to become your friend at some point… I think I have the ability to do it and I would like to be a friend despite my loss. That’s why we are Christians.” Watch the video below:

Nope........I'm done!

giphy (1).gif

F this c oo nery

**** is comical. I...I got nothing. I don't even know what to say about the above. :smh:

Well this means that he'd be an esteemed, and well respected member of niketalk, a true nt'er, by the non black members of the so called colorblind community.

Someone send this man a pair of Kobe Bryant sneakers.

1. Urging forgiveness ignores the fact that anger naturally rises after being hurt and often needs to be integrated, not rooted out like some bacteria-borne illness.

2. Encouraging people to let go of anger before the natural course of its process is suppressive and harmful.

3. Counseling people to forgive when an injury is still recent risks dismissing the pain people are going through.

4. Advising forgiveness can ignore the value of confronting an offender.

5. The appropriateness of advising forgiveness depends upon who is asking whom to forgive.

6. Advising forgiveness, or letting go, to groups of people who have suffered sustained injustice is often ignorant and highly suspect.

Post after post and article after article preaches forgiveness while failing to address the injuries created by sustained social prejudice and marginalization. Instead of addressing these ills, forgiveness is discussed as if it were only an individual process—one person forgiving another. In a way, conventional thinking about forgiveness ignores some of the most profound injuries of our time, rendering this advice ignorant and even complicit with regard to the history of race, gender, and other issues of diversity:
  • First, it ignores the great strides have been made by women, African-Americans, homosexuals, the disabled, and other marginalized groups by people who took the seed of their vengeance and anger and turned it into social action. They didn’t only practice letting go. They harnessed their rage, vengeance, and anger to lift their arms and voices for the benefit of many—and the development of America’s democratic project.
  • Second, it ignores the fact that powerful prejudices still exist making these injuries not just a thing of the past. Shall we forgive an abuser in the middle of their abusive act?
  • Finally, this counsel often comes from people or groups who either have more social power, or a vested interest in not having to look in the mirror at their culpability or redressing the ills many have suffered. It leads one to ask: Are these articles written by people who are out of touch with the history of perpetration over generations that others have to bear—a history that is still living today? Are they secretly, however unconsciously, hoping to absolve their guilt without redress? Clearly, we can’t be outraged by racism in Ferguson and then promote forgiveness and letting go as the only door to healing injury and injustice. liam Grier and Price Cobbs highlighted this problem in their seminal work, Black Rage, declaring, “The gravest danger we see is that unscrupulous people may use psychotherapy with blacks as a means of social control, to persuade the patient to be satisfied with his lot.”[2]
Forgiveness can be sweet and healing; that’s no lie. But please, before counseling forgiveness, take heed of the power and diversity of injuries as well as the nature of the person or group you are counseling. If we counsel forgiveness as a general practice, we turn a blind eye to so many—a blind eye that may put salt on wounds or add a layer of shame for those whom forgiveness is not the next step.

1. Urging forgiveness ignores the fact that anger naturally rises after being hurt and often needs to be integrated, not rooted out like some bacteria-borne illness.

2. Encouraging people to let go of anger before the natural course of its process is suppressive and harmful.

3. Counseling people to forgive when an injury is still recent risks dismissing the pain people are going through.

4. Advising forgiveness can ignore the value of confronting an offender.

5. The appropriateness of advising forgiveness depends upon who is asking whom to forgive.

6. Advising forgiveness, or letting go, to groups of people who have suffered sustained injustice is often ignorant and highly suspect.

Post after post and article after article preaches forgiveness while failing to address the injuries created by sustained social prejudice and marginalization. Instead of addressing these ills, forgiveness is discussed as if it were only an individual process—one person forgiving another. In a way, conventional thinking about forgiveness ignores some of the most profound injuries of our time, rendering this advice ignorant and even complicit with regard to the history of race, gender, and other issues of diversity:
  • First, it ignores the great strides have been made by women, African-Americans, homosexuals, the disabled, and other marginalized groups by people who took the seed of their vengeance and anger and turned it into social action. They didn’t only practice letting go. They harnessed their rage, vengeance, and anger to lift their arms and voices for the benefit of many—and the development of America’s democratic project.
  • Second, it ignores the fact that powerful prejudices still exist making these injuries not just a thing of the past. Shall we forgive an abuser in the middle of their abusive act?
  • Finally, this counsel often comes from people or groups who either have more social power, or a vested interest in not having to look in the mirror at their culpability or redressing the ills many have suffered. It leads one to ask: Are these articles written by people who are out of touch with the history of perpetration over generations that others have to bear—a history that is still living today? Are they secretly, however unconsciously, hoping to absolve their guilt without redress? Clearly, we can’t be outraged by racism in Ferguson and then promote forgiveness and letting go as the only door to healing injury and injustice. liam Grier and Price Cobbs highlighted this problem in their seminal work, Black Rage, declaring, “The gravest danger we see is that unscrupulous people may use psychotherapy with blacks as a means of social control, to persuade the patient to be satisfied with his lot.”[2]
Forgiveness can be sweet and healing; that’s no lie. But please, before counseling forgiveness, take heed of the power and diversity of injuries as well as the nature of the person or group you are counseling. If we counsel forgiveness as a general practice, we turn a blind eye to so many—a blind eye that may put salt on wounds or add a layer of shame for those whom forgiveness is not the next step.
Father and brother have already chosen forgiveness though.

And yet people are going at their necks for it.

Father and brother have already chosen forgiveness though.

And yet people are going at their necks for it.

"Post after post and article after article preaches forgiveness while failing to address the injuries created by sustained social prejudice and marginalization. Instead of addressing these ills, forgiveness is discussed as if it were only an individual process—one person forgiving another."

Its not.

Youre talking about two people.

We're talking about an entire system.

i'm not forgiving ****.

my ppl were robbed of everything. our self worth, dignity, humanity even.
I was not put on this planet to be second class and neither are the rest of us.
I will NOT and will NEVER encourage anybody, man, woman or child to sugar coat or do something to appease those that have always and will probably always continue to oppress us as long as they are also on planet earth.

they forgave so white ppl could feel comfortable. PERIOD.

yo...

they got us out here looking CRAZY. its absolutely disgusting. I even called my own mother today and told her if I need to put it in my will or whatever then so be it but I don't want anybody I know, not family, not friends, associates, co workers, ppl I don't know, whoever to sing hymns, hug, etc.

if you must pray then pray for our ppl to crush our oppressors. straight up. pray for our time to come.
other than that, save your ****ing prayers and keep them to yourselves.
ain't no olive branch.

if I saw them in person better believe i'm going in.
smh in disgust.

Youre talking about two people.

We are talking about an entire system.
I don't disagree with the system being corrupt. It's just that every time I pop into this thread I'm seeing the brother, and now father, being called cxxns and biscuitheads or whatever. For what, trying to move forward?

this cop was supposedly distracted, ignored a crazy amount of signs that she was on the wrong floor and that the apartment she BROKE INTO was an innocent man's that she ended up SHOOTING AND KILLING. then she didn't even assist the VICTIM after she SHOT HIM AFTER BREAKING AND ENTERING INTO HIS HOME.
she ignored all of her police training and KILLED AN UNARMED MAN IN HIS OWN HOME.

now we as black ppl have to beg for indictments in these situations which we do with skepticism but we do...
she gets indicted and even convicted of murder which isn't a cause for celebration as someone's life was lost in the first place and it shouldn't have been lost but its all we have considering being black in this country and in this world, up against a white supremacist system controlled by white supremacists at every level. a system in which we get treated as second class and where we've had self worth taken from us after being broken again and again.

and WE, as usual, are expected and praised for "forgiveness." how much longer are we going to be docile? how much longer will we bend over backwards to appease ppl that don't and have never given 15 ****s about us??????????..?????

how much longer are we going to sugar coat and go out of our way to appease and make ppl feel comfortable with our presence here?

we are not wanted here. we are tolerated. at best.

can we please stop pretending otherwise?
we aren't real citizens, we just live here. we know this.

how do we know this? we know this by the way we are treated.

put that begging energy into begging each other to wake up. I forgive my ppl for not knowing, not understanding. I get it.
I pray that we overcome white supremacy. I pray and beg that we gain knowledge of self.

that's all the begging, forgiveness and praying I have.

Same way Dylan Roof came and pretended to pray with the folks, shot them up at church, police got him some Burger King one the way, and the congregation still forgave him. If black folks don't realize bthat this type of behavior invites more white terror on our people.

Hopefully this will open alot of black peoples eyes to how white Christianity was used as a tool to pacify. Need to definitely start leaving these institutions that do nothing for us

Last edited:
The family is doing too much now. Fine...if they want to show forgiveness then so be it, even though I don't agree with it. But all this "I don't want you to go to jail" and "I want to be your friend" is just not necessary

So many folks lost in here, its sad.

Shout out to the Jean family for NOT making this a white vs black thing.

Also shout out to the folks in here propagating that conflict, we see you.

some folks want to build, others want to destroy.

So many folks lost in here, its sad.

Shout out to the Jean family for NOT making this a white vs black thing.

Also shout out to the folks in here propagating that conflict, we see you.

some folks want to build, others want to destroy.

It is a black vs white thing though......
And if they can look at these FACTS and believe that it isn't they part of the ******* problem.

The evidence right in your face and it always has been in your face.

Some want to build, Some want to destroy, and others don't want to do **** but watch injustice happen and preach fOrGIvnEsS. **** ALL THAT!

That **** aint no better than 'Thoughts & Prayers' when another school or public area gets shot TF up by the same type of person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom