Dallas police woman breaks into home of young man and shoots him to death Update: GUILTY of murder

it might be peace for him to forgive her. carrying around hate is hard. the world needs more love.

I know there's so many years of pain and oppression that makes that message a non-starter for most people of color in these types situations. but you don't have to lay down at night as that man. perhaps he can't handle bring bogged down by hate. let him heal the way he needs to.

Nope! Black people have done that for hundreds of years. You don't seem anyone doing that for us. I'm cool.

But you also won't see me doing any type of protest for this either. The family made it clear what it is.

Last edited:
Lots of angry young men in here who will go back to their regularly scheduled lives tomorrow, and forget the name Botham Jean by next year.

Meanwhile his brother has to face the rest of his days without his brother. He had to do what was best for his health. Love will always be the answer, we are not wired to live out our days with hatred. It will destroy you over time.

Forgiveness is not an excuse for someone's behavior, it's a way to find peace within ourselves. It's perfectly normal to feel angry, but it is not normal to feel angry for a prolonged period of time. The whole point of religion, or whatever ideology we have chosen, is to make us better human beings so when we deal with times of stress we are prepared and overcome. A lot of believers don't always follow the playbook though. I give kudos to the brother. I don't subscribe to any religion or believe in a higher deity, but this is what I've learned through the teachings of Eastern Philosophy. Forgiveness is universal. Love is the highest power.

People can change and I hope Amber does. After all, she will be living amongst us in the future. We love a good comeback story when it's a troubled athlete or rapper, let's show the same support for this woman.
Meth really needs to add a "miss me with this nonsense" button.

So we should support a the other killers of innocent black men as "comeback stories"?

Because killing an innocent man is just like tearing your ACL.

Utter nonsense

Given the length of time the jury deliberated with both phases makes me wonder if the murder conviction followed by the light sentence was a compromise between the jurors? I wouldn't doubt that there were jurors that wanted to acquit her of any crime.

Christ wasnt a Christian.

There is a reason why the only time Jesus lost his cool and became violent was in a Church!

This is the Jesus I beleive in (sans appearance). He wasnt forgiving ****!

main-qimg-e18bc78502c680b305bb320831e29690.jpg

Last edited:
The reason she got so light a sentence is because there were people like a lot of yall on the jury

Let's not get it twisted...the reason she got a light sentence is because she's white police woman with a black victim. In a bible thumping red state no less.

I think folks in here were predicting a light sentence, because look at the sample size of the "justice" system at work. We were being realistic.

Last edited:
One day the black man/women will realize all we have is us. Now you see what caping for everybody else gets you.

Here is the thing. The judge hugging this killer and the cop playing with her hair were disgusting acts imo, and I am not even going to even hedge on my disgust for those acts.

As far as Botham's brother, while I know people will give him **** for this on the the island, I hope they just let him be. I understand he is trying to process what happened and find peace. I don't even have that big an issue with him saying he forgives her, ot telling her go to God and even the act of hugging her alone. I know we really should not police how people grieve. It was the public display that really irks me.

This killer and her defense was just lying to get her off. She is getting a light sentence anyway, and you do this in front of camera. You don't even really have any proof she feels sorry except her acting job on the stand. Write her a letter fmab, go see her in jail to delivery this message. Do what you have to do to process this but don't put on this display.

And people saying "we will forget about this tomorrow", no, St.Lucians will not. It is a tiny island with under 180,000 people. There will be memorial services every year for dude, this event will be taught in schools. Every summer when mothers when their sons off to schools overseas, especially America, this will be on their minds. It will not be some passing news story.

And with the finals scenes in the courtroom, a innocent well doing Lucian kid will be killed for nothing. His family will get half assed justice. And the ******* killer will he framed as a victim in all this too.

Nah, **** that. If she was doing 35 years, then came out of jail crying asking for forgiveness, that would be something. Not her wanting to whitewash the situation when she gonna be out in 5.

When this happens again, and a black family is not on this forgiveness steez. The first thing outta problematic white people's mouths is why can't they forgive like Jean's brother.

slim

It feels like black or other minority cops get thrown under the bus when they do bad stuff ON THE JOB, let alone off the clock.
Remember the Minneapolis cop who accidentally killed thst Australian white woman? He got 12 1/2 years for third degree murder for an on the clock crime

Dude would have been given 15-30 if he did this off the clock like this Amber lady. She got off too easy.

Stop forgiving the actions of white supremacy. Disconnect from the sources for power that they use in order to keep people dumb, deaf and blind. Break the bond. You’ll notice that even here on niketalk, someone will come on and then try and get you to forgive white supremacy, telling you that there is something wrong with you for being angry. They then will point to the family as an example of how to be. A christian family. They have weaponized jesus against Black people, and that is why leaving jesus is the only way to defeat white supremacy. Be angry, you have a right to be.

there is truth in what is being said, but **** expectations man. live for yourself. do what you can handle. that's what his brother did.

and he didn't live up to the expectations of other black people, which is also eye roll worthy. let him live his life.

10 years in jail my guy? 10???

Wtf did his family hug her for? Why is the judge hugging her?

She busts into someone elses apartment and straight up murders them yet people are showing sympathy and defending this ****?

Im still trying to comprehend what i've just witnessed.

Just more evidence that im justified in my beliefs, justice once again does not exist here

Lots of angry young men in here who will go back to their regularly scheduled lives tomorrow, and forget the name Botham Jean by next year.
from the bottom of my heart, **** you for that comment.

decade after decade after decade of psychological warfare as we see kids go to prison for no reason other than to meet quotas, we see unarmed women, children and men shot to death, sometimes 3 shots, sometimes 50 shots, and these cops get off...so on and so forth, etc. etc. and here we are, yet again watching yet another white person get a slap on the wrist for something they would have thrown any one of us under the prison for and you have that to say?

that's WEAK. you should change your screen name.

Meanwhile his brother has to face the rest of his days without his brother. He had to do what was best for his health. Love will always be the answer, we are not wired to live out our days with hatred. It will destroy you over time.
love is what destroys us now.
we love our oppressors and we love them so much we love them more than ourselves because we see ourselves as less than our oppressors because of the brainwashing that has been done to us after they broke us. they didn't and still don't consider us as humans let alone equal. we know this in the way they treat us.

just look at the sentencing. look at it. 10 years. TEN. she's a ****ing cop. she should be held to a higher standard than a civilian when it comes to MURDERING an innocent man after BREAKING INTO his apartment.

God bless the dead but her brother looks like a ****. period. so does the judge. it looks like some get out **** because it is some get out ****.

Forgiveness is not an excuse for someone's behavior, it's a way to find peace within ourselves. It's perfectly normal to feel angry, but it is not normal to feel angry for a prolonged period of time. The whole point of religion, or whatever ideology we have chosen, is to make us better human beings so when we deal with times of stress we are prepared and overcome. A lot of believers don't always follow the playbook though. I give kudos to the brother. I don't subscribe to any religion or believe in a higher deity, but this is what I've learned through the teachings of Eastern Philosophy. Forgiveness is universal. Love is the highest power.
that wasn't forgiveness. that was a DISGUSTING attempt to appease our oppressors, in front of the camera, right before they make the media circuit.
smh in absolute disgust. I woulda swung on him on air if I was the mom.

People can change and I hope Amber does. After all, she will be living amongst us in the future. We love a good comeback story when it's a troubled athlete or rapper, let's show the same support for this woman.
what kind of lap ****** yasah massah i's does whateva ya'll waont me tuh massah type **** is this?
FOH.

just look at the sentencing. look at it. 10 years. TEN. she's a ****ing cop. she should be held to a higher standard than a civilian when it comes to MURDERING an innocent man after BREAKING INTO his apartment.

And the most disgusting part about it all.... she will only do 5.

She ripped away the life of someone likely to live another 50 years by murdering a man in cold blood who was in his own home, bothering no one, a threat to no one....

And her punishment for tearing his life away.... is 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom