da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

Floor technician shoes

1226524-5-2x.jpg

Under Armour has had a miserable go of it. The stock has plunged 40% this year. That follows a similar drop in 2016.

The company recently announced layoffs and weak guidance as sales of shoes endorsed by Golden State Warriors star Curry have been underwhelming.

TV commercials have always been more effective for Jordan and Nike than any other sporting good/wear/brand etc company. They surprise you with how effective they are, and at least for those who I grew up with that were into basketball, it would usually be completely normal to actually talk about these ads with friends in the days after they aired.

Is that the same effect happening today for those growing up? A lot of great athletes, also maybe it's just me but I never see any Steph Curry/UA commercials.

If you're going to make a brand around him - for a price we still don't know that he earns off of it - you have to expose him more through television, overly simple advice. It's not an antiquated medium for this type of athlete-shoe partnership.

TV commercials have always been more effective for Jordan and Nike than any other sporting good/wear/brand etc company. They surprise you with how effective they are, and at least for those who I grew up with that were into basketball, it would usually be completely normal to actually talk about these ads with friends in the days after they aired.

Is that the same effect happening today for those growing up? A lot of great athletes, also maybe it's just me but I never see any Steph Curry/UA commercials.

If you're going to make a brand around him - for a price we still don't know that he earns off of it - you have to expose him more through television, overly simple advice. It's not an antiquated medium for this type of athlete-shoe partnership.
The commercials we had growing up were :smokin

one of my favorites

Barrera only got him b/c he didn't really train for that fight and his hands were shot by that time. Regardless of that, he was the first 1 to bring money down to the little guys in boxing to be able to earn big time millions at featherweight. His cultural impact was huge on many levels too, great article here https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mv54nn/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy-of-prince-naseem

That dude got on my nerves

i was happy when barrera put the beats on him lol

I'm looking for these Monarchs. Never seen them in stores.

Every Curry commercial I see, I laugh. I think who the **** sees this commercial and wants to buy his shoes?

Attachments

• 415445-100_2.jpg
    415445-100_2.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom