da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

young boys don't care about the shape of Jays

only a niche few care and it aint enough to bring the hype back (and i'm ok with that)

Shape is all I care about, and the reason why I no longer buy Jordans. I know I'm in the minority though.

Last Jordans I actually got were Frags which I ended up selling off.

because they have a huge share of the market they were bound to fall? good thing apple or amazon doesn't heed business advice from you. nike could have continued to grow their market share had it been not for some bad business decision ie letting kanye go to a rival.

:lol: you using under armour as your example because their revenue was up in 2016 over 2015? did you not read how their growth has slowed down dramatically every single quarter for the last 3 quarters? you obviously don't look very deeply into earnings report.

Why do you think Amazon continues to diversify and doesn't just stick to online shopping :stoneface: So yes, they don't heed business advice from me

And Apple wasn't a good example, because their stock has done much like Nike's the past few years in terms of stock. They've peaked with cell phones and iPads. And again, they are getting in to producing their own content, expanding Apple TV. bought Beats...

My point with Under Armour was their growth was up in 2016 over 2015, yet their stock was down from 2015.

And how could Nike have continued to grow their market share with multiple other companies out here? Were they going to take away budget options or Sketchers, Under Armour, Puma, Asics, Adidas... Eventually it would peak.

I strongly disagree, Jordan's are still worn in the hood.

Where do you dudes live and frequent where they don't wear Jordans?

I didn't say people don't wear Jordans in the hood.... I said young boys don't care about the allure of OG shapes and that wouldn't be enough to bring the hype back to the 2011 - 2015 levels overall

I live in Brooklyn and of course you'll always see some iteration of jays on someone's feet, but you cannot deny that the beasting has worn off amongst many demographics in the "sneaker game" especially the youngins which has allowed things to be copped easier or on steep discounts. I don't even think it's the $190 price either, once things seem uncool to them, they aint paying... a lot of people had no problem paying $250 resale when things were selling out, that "pay to play" mentality was rampant which added to the cool factor

nike/JB upped the quantity but the flip is the demand ain't there like it used to be because they upped the quantity... anybody can cop which the cool kids hate :rolleyes I can walk into any major retailer in NYC and cop any release for the year (of course that exclude the super limited hype releases). That was unfathomable couple years ago.

I don't care about hype, but i'm just calling it like I see it... the pokemon sneaker collectors have moved on and i'm reaping the benefits

Them lil kid "Pokemon sneaker collectors" are still a huge group. Sneaker conventions (which are frequent and big) are full of them.

I agree, they just aint rocking with jays like that... or foams or Nike basketball in general

they riding the adidas/NMD/boost/yeezy wave and god bless them for that

Them lil kid "Pokemon sneaker collectors" are still a huge group. Sneaker conventions (which are frequent and big) are full of them.

it is, but da kicks they're into don't always intersect with da older demographic.

i can give a eff about a Adidas yeezy, and Jordan I's will always be that sneaker that people slept in da baggy era.

It was said earlier but there's simply far too much product coming out from the Jordan camp. If the 'hood is ONLY buying Jordan product then Nike basketball and Nike retro will be impacted by this. Nike keeps churning retro Jordan product simply because they have ZERO r&d costs and sheep consumers that will purchase inferior quality too.

It was said earlier but there's simply far too much product coming out from the Jordan camp. If the 'hood is ONLY buying Jordan product then Nike basketball and Nike retro will be impacted by this. Nike keeps churning retro Jordan product simply because they have ZERO r&d costs and sheep consumers that will purchase inferior quality too.

Exactly, some people purchase every Jordan release. I'm more selective when it comes to releases. Most will be original colorways. The last retro + colorway Jordan I secured were the 12s in April of 2016.

Lack of quality and all this limited crap nonsense is why I stopped buying Jordans. Lost interest in sneakers due to that. Don't remember when was the last time I stepped foot in a Footlocker to be honest.

After this year guarantee Nike switches up on price point they gonba have to cause adidas can get yo kids rite for 70-100 bucks. Nike about 100 - 200. For the urban wear kids gear, I would rock from each branding but will spend more witg adidas. All my nieces and nephews switcg to liking allstar adidas

giphy.gif

After this year guarantee Nike switches up on price point they gonba have to cause adidas can get yo kids rite for 70-100 bucks. Nike about 100 - 200. For the urban wear kids gear, I would rock from each branding but will spend more witg adidas. All my nieces and nephews switcg to liking allstar adidas

the kids are paying atleast $180 for the adidas they're buying

the kids are paying atleast $180 for the adidas they're buying

thats only a single shoe which is the ultraboosts...

most these kids are running around in NMD's superstars stan smiths etc for around 100 which is pretty cheap

even the clothe nike clothe cost more than adidas clothe too people will have the adidas pants the jacket etc

most these kids are running around in NMD's superstars stan smiths etc for around 100 which is pretty cheap

even the clothe nike clothe cost more than adidas clothe too people will have the adidas pants the jacket etc

ultraboost and primeknit nmds are both atleast $180 and yeezys atleast $220

that's what they're wearing

I paid more than that for my Mastermind Tubular Instincts

IMG_7218.JPG

Once Supreme rereleases the Air Zoom Spectrum, it's a wrap. Dad shoes will be the new hot ticket. Nike's highest selling shoe with the Air Monarchs is about to get all the publicity without a shred of advertisement.

They have Nike's at all levels. It's just what you want.

Especially with a lot of them going on sale

I feel bad for all the dads who wont be able to walk into their local FTL or wherever and scoop a fresh pair of Monarchs once the hype starts.

I feel bad for all the dads who wont be able to walk into their local FTL or wherever and scoop a fresh pair of Monarchs once the hype starts.

Well for starters they arent even buying them at FootLocker so that wont be an issue.

Monarchs get sold in damn near any store that sells name brand shoes. Any anchor store in the mall (Macys, JCPenney, Dillards, Nordstrom, Belk, etc) .. then the lower level you have Shoe Carnival, RackRoom, Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc .. and after that comes the stores some have heard of and some havent.

Back
Top Bottom